Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:46:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)How do i create art for my game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How do i create art for my game?  (Read 846 times)
auto
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2015, 12:43:00 PM »

Hi i am working on a game but i dont know what tools are used to create quality graphics so please suggest me some.I am creating  a puzzle game.
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 04:00:39 AM »

Photoshop is a pretty popular choice.
flyingmangoes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:48:01 AM »

This depends on what style of graphics you are trying to make, however here are some popular programs.

For general art, I'd recommend photoshop, GIMP, or Inkscape.  While I don't have thorough experience with photoshop or Inkscape, they are reviewed as great tools.

For pixel art, I personally use GIMP (it's free), but others use paid programs.  One of the most popular is graphics gale.

I hope I could help, and it would help with suggestions if you gave what style you want.  Thanks!
Shipright
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 09:37:55 PM »

I started out with MS paint for a LONG time. Very basic, but when you are starting from nothing basic is where you start. I still use it quite a bit.

I have tried over and over again to get into photoshop but the program is just too big and I get confused/frustrated. Its designed to do so much for so many different forms of art. I am not sure what style you are going for so that might be appropriate for you, but I had much better luck with gimp. 
auto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 10:45:20 PM »

Thanks all for replying . what i want is to create ball of fire or glowing ball and animation invoved i dont know how to make a ball glow and animate it like a fire tail when it is moving.
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 01:48:33 AM »

Thanks all for replying . what i want is to create ball of fire or glowing ball and animation invoved i dont know how to make a ball glow and animate it like a fire tail when it is moving.
2d or 3d?

In 3d, you'd probably not draw the fire but use a particle system combined with a normal ball model.
auto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 10:52:42 PM »

2D is my choice , if i could find any artist to do then i can even pay him/her but my budget is very limited.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic