Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:40:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLet's make something
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Let's make something  (Read 1318 times)
sonder
« on: September 30, 2015, 05:10:44 PM »

Looking for a person to explore some ideas I've been sitting on.  Just looking for a creative partner.  I can do everything, but I'm more than happy to let you get your hands dirty.

Past work:  The Lady, Relatives (music, as Mark Dormin), and a handful of hokey client games

Here are the ideas.  I've decided not to worry that anyone might take them and run with them get inspired.  It's all about execution anyway.  They're all in varying states of complete-ness.  They're all intended to be 2D and free nothing for money yet.

• The Eternal Spring - A Zelda-like with no enemies with a story in the vein of Donnie Darko set in a Balkan-inspired world.(http://ludumdare.com/compo/2015/08/23/for-my-sanity-i-must-bow-out/comment-page-1/)
  • A point-and-click adventure starring a female investigator.
  • BITCH! - A cross between a fighting game and a giant branching quick-time event.  You'd brawl with a WASP-y empty-nester neighbor who has nothing better to do with her time than harass you.
  • Beast - A metroidvania set inside a beast.
  • Space Bulk - Action.  A universe where everything is robot-bunny themed.  You are a courier, you brave dangerous routes to deliver important packages.
  • Psycho Gains - A psychadelic or futuristic (or both) physics-based shootemup crossed with gambling.

That's all I can remember right now.  More might surface out of the pile.

I don't care what I work on and that's kind of part of the reason I'm posting this.  I need someone else to get excited about actually making one or more of these with me, even if their role is just to talk about it and playtest it.

P.S. The timeframe on any game is supposed to be Ludum Dare style, like 1-2 weeks, and I'll probably use Game Maker.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:38:26 AM by kidfingers » Logged
aiat_gamer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:41:23 AM »

Can you be more detailed? I can get excited about those! Better yet, I know some GML, I can do pixel art and I can also do animations using Sprine and Spriter. So what do I have to do?
cynicus
Level 0

hey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »

Seems like an interesting thing to take part in, I'm quite happy to do sound

Sound is my kinda thing
Portfolio | Twitter
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 08:09:02 PM »

• BITCH! - A cross between a fighting game and a giant branching quick-time event.  You'd brawl with a WASP-y empty-nester neighbor who has nothing better to do with her time than harass you.

can we hear more about this one? I'm interesting in helping out. Is this based on a personal experience??

sonder
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 08:36:18 PM »

• BITCH! - A cross between a fighting game and a giant branching quick-time event.  You'd brawl with a WASP-y empty-nester neighbor who has nothing better to do with her time than harass you.

can we hear more about this one? I'm interesting in helping out. Is this based on a personal experience??

Not exactly ... It is inspired by a real crazy neighbor of a friend, but also this.  So I was walking down a street in my neighborhood and it's .. very "idyllic" especially on a sunny day ... and it's mostly well-to-do families and old people and art students ... and I look like a bit like a bouncer or a metalhead or a lumberjack depending on the day ... (edit: not really just kind of ... but I imagined what it'd be like if I dressed more extreme) and I just got the idea of this different-things-hating white lady spraying me with a garden hose really hard and then when I react she does it again with a stone cold passive aggressive face as if to say "what are you gonna do about it?" which would set the fictional version of me off and we'd wrestle for dominance.

The fighting would be context based.  There would be standard moves (tackle, counter, slap, kinda like pro wrestling) but sometimes an icon (like for example of the hose, to grab it and use it on her) would appear above your head depending on factors on the playfield and in the quicktime tree, and if you hit it before it goes away something happens or changes.  I was thinking it could escalate to levels of insanity with dragons and portals to hell and psychedelic drugs and winks to pop culture.  It would just be stuffed with things to find and you'd get points for finding things and especially one of the many awesome finishing move animations.  It is also possible for the Bitch to defeat you, she would be like an A.I. opponent in a fighting game.

That's what I have right now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:01:46 AM by kidfingers » Logged
sonder
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 02:31:18 PM »

I made some sketches of BITCH!!! today   Hand Money Left Hand Money Right

(( Sorry for the really crappy quality, I was at a coffee shop ))

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:34:00 AM by kidfingers » Logged
sonder
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »

Can people see the photos?  Cynicus told me nothing shows up.  They're on my Dropbox.
xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 06:25:55 AM »

broken images for me

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
sonder
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 06:35:12 AM »

broken images for me

thanks m8, i uploaded them to imgur and updated the links, should be working now
adulthands
Level 0

the hit indiedev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »

i think some of your links are broken

i make the hit indie pixel art for those kool games but i always eat my dinner like a good lil indie
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic