Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:36:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLetters
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Letters  (Read 367 times)
NoOneSpecial
Level 0

Who? Me?

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:27:34 PM »

Hi

Today I will show you my game, "Letters". It's a fast pace, "hit the right letter or die" game. I'd love some feedback on it. So, here it is:

http://noonespecial1.github.io

Screenshots:

Shigatosis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 12:47:02 PM »

After playing it for a few minutes, here are a couple of criticisms off the top of my head:

• Sometimes the letters are cut off by the top or bottom of the screen, making it impossible to know which key to press
  • White letters on a grey background are somewhat hard to read. Maybe consider a different color scheme?
  • Some sounds and visual effects would be nice (such as letters "popping" or exploding when the right key is hit)

That first point is pretty game-breaking, so I'd recommend you take care of it ASAP! Other than that the game seems to work perfectly fine.
Justin_Wang123
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 01:12:53 PM »

As well as the above points mention by shigatosis I'd suggest some kind of slowly increasing difficulty. Maybe make the letters gradually come faster or come in pairs, triples etc. I played until a score of about 100 before I had an off screen letter kill me and I never noticed the letters coming any faster.

Also I don't think I noticed any penalty for hitting the wrong key so perhaps speeding the letter up if you type it wrong or something.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic