Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:55:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[rev share] seeking wii u (or 3DS) developers & programmers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [rev share] seeking wii u (or 3DS) developers & programmers  (Read 461 times)
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2015, 02:17:23 PM »

i've got a strange concept i've been mulling. i wanna see if it's even feasible on a tiny budget or rev share (i think it would be?), but in general the basic idea is a racing/driving game on the television with a simultaneous papers-please style text adventure on the wii u screen. makes more sense in context but both are interlinked and it'd require the player to split focus effectively. (could also work on 3DS, but it might be a bit harder, given the much smaller amount of screen real estate)

in terms of how linked things are, it's on the level of something like the world ends with you or even moreso. really important to concentrate on two things at once here. can't be done on most platforms, either (reason apple tv is out is bc on a smartphone you don't have native button controls, usually, and it's crucial that you can use buttons/analog stick or buttons/accelerometer to drive while you use touch to handle the bottom screen) which is why i'm so specific. only other thing i could see working besides wii u and 3DS is a ps vita/ps4 if that could be rigged up like that, but.

if it's doable at all, i'd be handling all

-music
-sfx design (though we might need voice actors, but i'm going to wait to see how it pans out first
-concept art and art for the bottom screen
-writing
-design & direction
-POSSIBLY 3D asset creation (but if i deign not to i already know and have someone who is gonna handle it)
-everything business side and marketing if and when it comes up

so if it helps to reassure you about this not being one of those cloud in the head idea guy pieces of shit, i'm handling basically everything on the non-code side of things myself; maybe that'll give you some peace of mind? i'm very specific (but not horrible about it) about what i want so if you're up for it the project should be smooth-ish without a lot of wishy washiness; i like to think i can give feedback pretty well. no deadline, no pressure. feel free to work on your own time. this isn't my main project and i don't expect it to be yours (but if you want it to be by all means power to you)

i'm busy right now with stuff so mostly in the immediate future (next two months) this is just me floating this out there to talk about it. at worst (i.e if this never pans out as a game) i'm just askin' for a short discussion about things with some cool people experienced in this hardware. i'll probably ask around elsewhere too.

thank'm!

(would unity be good for this? i think it would, but i've no idea how unity handles with simultaneous split screen things on wii u

(dear god also i hope the nx has backwards compatiblity with the wii u, the idea of this game losing out bc the wii u is dying a dreamcast's death is disheartening)

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 05:42:27 PM »

Interested, but I've never worked with the WiiU or 3DS before from a programming standpoint. If there's documentation available however I can make it work. Normally I wouldn't just post on someone's collab request but yours seems chill enough for me to do that.

Ombra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »

Sounds interesting and I happen to be certified for Wii U development from Nintendo. Personally I'd use unity for something like that. Currently pretty deep in another project at the moment that should hopefully be wrapped up in the next few month. Shoot me an email if you want. shane [at] coalcar [dot] ca
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic