Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:17:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessTips to Help You Learn More About Your Game's Audience
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tips to Help You Learn More About Your Game's Audience  (Read 722 times)
IndieWolverine
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2015, 11:22:25 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Logan Williams. I'm new here and will hopefully be contributing on a consistent basis. I've recently left the agency life to focus on the indie game industry. I just published my first article ever on Gamasutra. I've included some tips on how to better understand your game's audience and how to reach more players that are similar to your current audience.

I would love to get some feedback on the article. I want to be a productive addition to this community, so if you have any questions, feel free to throw them at me Smiley

The article can be read here: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/LoganWilliams/20151006/255347/Learn_How_to_Better_Understand_Your_Audience.php
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:44:59 AM by lmwilliams181 » Logged
TamaraRyan
Level 0

none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 01:59:44 PM »

Wow, that was extremely helpful! We have Google Analytics set up and I knew about event tracking, but I didn't think to take it as far as tracking images and when people pause the video. I definitely see the advantage of that though.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Professional Voice Actress at your service: http://www.tamararyanvo.com/
Abatron - a FPS/RTS hybrid game: http://www.abatrongame.com/
RudyTheDev
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 04:01:13 PM »

Thanks, some nice info and links.

I suggest you add some charts/tables to your (future) articles, some examples. Visualized data is much more powerful. For example, how did you correlate the data between image clicks and demographics? What's the volume? Is there an example where one image had different response than another? Is there a real A/B example and what kind of deviation we could expect? Some survey results? What are comment signal-to-noise ratios? How many people stay silent and how do they relate to demographics? Any links to others who have done this kind of analysis?

I guess what I'm saying is that there are quite a lot of "general principle" articles and suggestions, but very few with real world concrete data and examples. Those articles are the ones really valuable and discussed/shared.

Artcle
Level 0

Fulfilling Dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 11:33:33 AM »

thanks, i will read all. I need to generate more audience.
AndyC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 09:20:13 AM »

I love this kind of stuff. There really needs to be some formal way or system for indies to interface with business and marketing types. These are such big fields a lot of indies leave that side on the back-burner to focus on the game and neglect the business-side altogether.

Anyways, good article and some solid tips!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic