Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:37:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMetal Gear Rising 2: Devastation
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Rising 2: Devastation  (Read 20291 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2015, 04:54:49 AM »

Hello I am Super Joe, star of stage and screen and I am here to tell you about your moral and legal obligation, as a fan of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, to purchase its sequel, the oddly titled "Transformers: Devastation".

The first thing to address is that this game has no reason to exist. It is essentially unjustifiable as a mass market physical release product from any perspective. You will find it curious, therefore, to note that it is indie friendly publisher and lover of small, unjustifiable passion projects Activision who have decided to publish and fund a mid-budget stylish character action brawler from a beloved niche developer who absolutely cannot sell games based on a licensed property that wholly ignores its modern, popular, multi-billion dollar intellectual property in lieu of slavishly recreating things you may have seen on Saturday morning if you were a child in the 80's.

Raiden's new gimmick in this game is that he is one of 5 robots from a children's cartoon who also have the ability to transform into vehicles. As a result of this, gone is the "zandatsu" based cutting gameplay and the formula takes on a distinct feel of the Bayonetta games, but now Raiden can turn into a truck or dinosaur mid way through beating things up.

You can see some of Raiden's new moves in action here:

The music is an eclectic mix of

, though sadly missing lyrics this time around, and original contributions from failure to launch prog-rock synth pony tail guy Vince DiCola who still sits anxiously to this day looking at a clock that ticks towards midnight December 31st, 1989.

Outside of this, there's what I'm told is a "Diablo" style loot system, but I've never played Diablo so I don't know what that means. For the grinding addict in you there's a system where you can upgrade weapons using other weapons you've found and buy new moves for Raiden. And then there's 50 "challenge rooms" which are probably mostly from elsewhere in this game that I haven't played, but slightly different.

In conclusion, Activision paid for the guys who made Rising and Bayonetta to make another, but fast and cheap and with the Transformers G1 license for reasons that nobody will ever understand. And if you support this principle and you want to be a good person and buy Platinum games, then you had better go and buy it and have a fun 5 or so hours. Thanks. THank you.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 06:36:40 AM »

Thank u for this
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 06:51:15 AM »

Looks more like Korra

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 09:03:04 AM »

Looks more like Korra
i didn't play that but the consensus appears to be its 2 steps above that and a step below bayonetta or rising, but still a good game. jagshemesh
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 09:52:04 AM »

i dont care much about either. really, vanquish is the only one of their bunch to grab me

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 09:54:21 AM »

i dont care much about either. really, vanquish is the only one of their bunch to grab me
if i confess vanquish and rising are their only games that i bought and i havent even seen bayonetta or a wii u in real life
Dragonmaw
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 04:24:30 PM »

honestly let's all just admit to ourselves that platinum is a one-trick pony, albeit a very impressive trick that i willingly purchase the rights to view several dozen times
Dragonmaw
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 04:28:52 PM »

kidding aside, rising/vanquish/madworld/godhand are the standard by which all 3d brawlers are judged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »

i really likie godhand, but they havent reached that level since beocming platinum

rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 12:52:33 AM »

when is platinum gonna be allowed to make viewtiful joe 3 already

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 01:17:29 AM »

when they buy it out of Capcom
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 01:20:02 AM »

i really likie godhand, but they havent reached that level since beocming platinum

2bad mikami left platinum. vanquish is their only game i really like. he doesn't seem to be doing great with his new company either. the evil within was a load of shit.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »

when is platinum gonna be allowed to make viewtiful joe 3 already

or another zelda-like
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »

scalebound is there new zelda like they said more or less

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »

scalebound is there new zelda like they said more or less

too bad it looks awful (imo)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 06:27:16 PM »

scalebro

Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:25 PM »

I'm glad to see a continuation of the series even if there's apparently a lot of behind the scenes bullshit going on with Konami; it's evident from the skewed character designs and retconned naming schemes.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:34 PM »

Gigamachines, son.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 03:26:50 PM »

As long as Kamiya's still on the forefront of the creative staff I'm pretty content w/Platinum

Bayonetta 2 was spectacular imo
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »

i did my part for the cause and sold a psp so i could buy this for £0 and support platinum. the game now lives shrinkwrapped in the box with my 360 which has been unplugged for 3 years

Dig deep, folks:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic