Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:21:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWanted to share some talks from this years IRDC(s)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wanted to share some talks from this years IRDC(s)  (Read 310 times)
Logo
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2015, 02:04:43 PM »

Hi all,

First of all, IRDC stands for International Roguelike Development Conference, so keep that in mind when gauging your own interest level.

Just a few days ago I uploaded a batch of talks from this years IRDC UK, and around June of this year, I uploaded most of the talks from IRDC US, and I figured some of you would be interested. Last year I shared two talks at the Developer > Creative sub-forum, but given that this year there are some quite technical talks, and some post-mortem talks, I wasn't sure where to put it, hopefully here is good.

You'll notice that the two sets differ in recording quality and editing style. The recording quality is a technical limitation, the editing style was more a factor of my mood—I am very proud of the subtle, psychedelic effect in the final US talk! @_@

The US playlist is pretty complete, it has recordings of all but 3 of the talks given at the conference.
The UK playlist has six of thirteen talks uploaded, and hopefully the rest will follow (but no promises).

There are talks by Jeff Lait (POWDER), Sheridan Rathbun (Barony), Jim Shepard (Dungeonmans), Freehold Games (Sproggiwood, Caves of Qud), Darren Grey (hosts Roguelike Radio), Mark Johnson (Ultima Ratio Regum), and more. If you are interested in these people or their output, you may find the videos interesting as well.

Ok, I love you, bye!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic