Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:19:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallNanotris - arena-shooter partygame - RELEASED
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nanotris - arena-shooter partygame - RELEASED  (Read 634 times)
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2015, 04:22:27 AM »

Hi Tigsource!

Trigger warning: shameless self-promotion coming up.

After 9 months of hard work, our arena-shooter partygame Nanotris has hit Greenlight.
We'd appreciate if you would take a moment of your time to vote for it, be it 'YES' or 'NO'. Hand Any Key Big Laff

You can find some gameplay info below, and I'd be happy to answer any and all of your questions.
Feedback is also warmly welcomed.

Cheers,
Afterlife Entertainment

Each player has core. The aim of the game is to destroy the other players' cores and protect your own.

Nanotris' gameflow works in two phases - Building & Destruction. In the building phase each player has a limited time to collect as many cubes as they can. The cubes act as a makeshift armor to protect the ship's core. Cubes snap on to the the core and other cubes like magnets. Players can not shoot each other during this phase. After the building phase is over, the Destruction phase will begin.

Additional cubes can be acquired during the Destruction phase by either detaching them from other players, or by killing Critter Queens.

Nanotris features many different arenas. Each arena has been designed to fulfill a different kind of game experience. Some are more tactical, some hectic, chaotic, small, large, you name it.

During the Destruction phase each player has basic blaster available at all times. Special weapon power-ups spawn periodically on the arena. Whoever collects them first, gets to fire powerful weapons against their enemies. Basic flow of the game during this phase usually goes as follows:
-> Players race towards the power-ups
-> someone gets it
-> everyone else flees for their lives.

The winner of Destruction phase is the last man standing.

Destroying other players is not the only thing you can do. The arenas are riddled with pesky little Critters. If the players take the time to shoot these buggers, they get a power orb in return. Collect 10 of these, and all your weapons become more powerful, and you even get access to better weapons that others won't.

...However, the critter are protected by their mommies. Critter Queens have been the demise of many unwary Nanotris champions.Though, with careful aim and dodging skills these maggots can be brought down. Critter Queen spawn a few additional cubes on the level upon their death. PRO-Tip: If you're running low on cubes, avoid danger and try to re-stock from these.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:29:35 AM by [platypus] » Logged
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:14:14 PM »

I wrote an article about the development and design process of Nanotris, during these 9 months of development.
I you're interested about such things, give it a go.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/nanotris/news/nanotris-from-cradle-to-greenlight
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 05:56:12 AM »

We released a new

for Nanotris.

We're still on Greenlight. If you like what you see, give a vote for us.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527379605

I'd be happy to answer any and all questions you might have.
[platypus]
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 02:33:56 AM »

Revival of an really old thread. Sorry for that.
We have finally released Nanotris.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/460590/

For the good gentlemen and -women at Tigsource, I give thee 10 keys for it  Gentleman

KYHC0-2Y9JM-J3GZC
EAT8E-KWCH8-3PGFC
BNM2B-ACL0K-D5M4Y
E8JQC-64FZ3-CYEBL
K3633-D2YVY-B27I0
3NET9-GFNBT-3C5L0
CWBH8-D8C85-N3FZW
VYX9G-X5XVD-89R0N
0KDG8-J0PQY-8EGBP
GRF3J-L7QYH-IWXWK

If you like the game, drop a review or tell a friend.
Thanks for all the support here and elsewhere. Keep on gaming  Hand Joystick
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 04:41:35 AM »

Redeemed second key, first key was used. People who go here, post when you take a key please!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic