Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:13:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesCheckpoints
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Checkpoints  (Read 504 times)
declandineen
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2015, 08:47:46 AM »

Hello TIG. I hope this isn't too spammy but I genuinely think this would be of interest to this forum in particular. I did look around for a podcast thread I could piggyback on to but couldn't find one.

I host a videogame radioshow called Checkpoints (http://declandineen.com/checkpoints)

Each week, a guest on the show talks about the games that have shaped their life in one way or another. Games that have inspired, that have forged friendships or soothed wounds.

I talk to a wide variety of people, usually within the confines of the videogame industry though I have talked to some musicians and authors. Anyway, the latest guest on the show is Chris Crawford who I'm sure many of you will be familiar with, but if you're not, he was a visionary creator in a time when the industry was still finding it's feet and when anything seemed possible. Many of his design ideas and principles are still taught and read by new developers, and his influence can be seen through the generations. Not least of which in the annual Game Developer's Conference which Chris founded in 1987. The first GDC was in his living room.    

The show is primarily about the games people played, but when I talk to designers and developers we inevitably get on to the games they've made, so some of the eps may prove particularly interesting to the folks here. Most notably Sean Vanaman talking about the Walking Dead and Firewatch, Meg Jayanth talking about 80 days, Jason Rohrer talking about his as yet untitled new game, and John Ribbons talking about Olli Olli.

Anyway, do check it out, I hope you enjoy them! There's links to the RSS and iTunes on the website if those are your preferred methods.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 08:53:31 AM by declandineen » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic