My brother and I finished our game, ChimpVenture in early January.
Basically, ChimpVenture is about a chimpanzee, who's out to save the world from an evil scientist who is polluting the world like mad. (We're not saying all scientists are evil, or want to pollute. It's just the story).
Anyways, you have to use a few different weapons/items through the 20 levels in order to destroy 4 polluting power generators. Throughout the game, there are 4 bosses, a bunch of enemies, tricky platform challenges, and a lot more...
The game was created for the 4th Yoyo Games competition. Since the judging is not finished, we cannot currently update the game to fix some bugs/change some things.
So, here's a list of things that will change/be fixed once the competition is over:
- Boomerang error will be fixed (when you throw the boomerang and then die before it comes back to you)
- Make the Pound attack more useful throughout the game
- If you collect all the Banana's, unlock a few 'secret' levels
- Fix the bug so you can get more then 95% score in the game
- Make some later levels a little bit less annoying (just make the design of the levels a bit better)
- Possibly spend more time in making music. It was VERY rushed.
Anyways, my brother, The Berryster (who is registered here I think) created all the graphics, and accounted for pretty much 50% of the game. I coded/programmed, and made the other 50% of the game. It was a shared project.Download for those interested: Download
Drazzke and The Berryster