Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:09:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)The HaxeFlixel Helping Hands
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: The HaxeFlixel Helping Hands  (Read 3048 times)
Pizzamakesgames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 05:08:51 AM »

Oh yeah, about the lack of replies, it's likely due to the fact we are on TIG. Post on the Haxeflixel forum and you'll get far more replies.  Hand Thumbs Up Right This post gets buried here, and is buried out by more popular frameworks (GameMaker, Unity etc).

Been posting on the HaxeFlixel forums, but it's really just a google group.

Mixer
Level 1

I've never really known what to put here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 09:27:01 PM »

I kind of wish there was a 'real' forum, that'd be awesome.

My twitter is @5Mixer.
I'm currently making a dungeon game, check it out :D
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=59139.0
Pizzamakesgames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 11:01:05 AM »

Got a wonderful error that anybody using HaxeFlixel could help me out with. It's happening in one of the projects from the flixel-demos.

Just compile the FlxTypeText project to cpp, let it type, or rather, erase a bunch of text, as that plays the sound faster, and wait for it to crash or cut out the sound. It's probably gonna be the latter, then the former.

You can also try disabling aero visual designs within windows, which will, in my experience, stop any of this from happening somehow.

If the demo does not crash and the sound never cuts out, please post your haxelib list, so I can try and reproduce your inability to reproduce this issue.

Thank you very much.

cxsquared
Level 0

Game Dev in Progress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 07:56:34 AM »

I've been using HaxeFlixel for a while now but have been a little disappointed with the sound features. I've been trying to get some Fmod Studio Engine code that I wrote in C++ working with Haxe but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how I could either build a ndll or some other way I can get Fmod working with HaxeFlixel?

Check me out at CodyClaborn.me
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »

Not sure how up to date these are, but this might be a good starting point?

http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/native-extensions/

Basically you'd great an OpenFL native extension. If you have any trouble ping @singmajesty on twitter and ask for an invite to the OpenFL slack chat, and join the #contributors or #help channel.

As for activity, yeah, I don't check TIGSource too often, but I wouldn't mind making HaxeFlixel a little more visible to the TIG community so I can up my lurking rounds here a bit if you guys are going to post questions now and then. I don't know everything about HaxeFlixel and OpenFL, but I think I know a fair bit.

Nostrils!
Carpetwurm
Level 0

Nobody

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »

I kind of wish there was a 'real' forum, that'd be awesome.

Don't we all?

As far as I can tell, there's some standard template for forums. So it should be rather easy to make one.

>Forum signatures
>[current year]
Pizzamakesgames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 04:24:49 AM »

No forum without users, though. I'd doubt you could convince the HaxeFlixel Google group's users to start using your forum instead of the officially sanctioned one, regardless of the forum's layout.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 01:08:45 PM »

Yeah setting up a forum is something anyone with a host could do in 15-20 mins. Unfortuantely that doesn't get people to come.

For a while I was using the original flixel forums even when I switched to haxeflixel but last I checked it all but died out.

Too bad, the flixel forums was one of the best game development communities I was ever part of.

Pizzamakesgames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 12:05:10 PM »

What about a Discord group for now? It wouldn't rival the google group, give HaxeFlixel devs a place to talk and show the undead members that there's a community that wants communicate.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2016, 03:40:26 PM »

Doesnt discord cost money?

EDIT : It looks like the flixel forums are still alive but there is just no link on flixel.org

I wonder if Adam Saltsman would just add a haxeflixel section. That would be great.

Man I miss the flixel era in 2010. That was like a mini golden age for me.

Carpetwurm
Level 0

Nobody

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 03:44:12 PM »

Doesnt discord cost money?

Discord is completely free, the catch is that you must be invited to Discord servers. I think either a Discord sever or an average forum (like the one here) would work wonders for the HaxeFlixel community.

>Forum signatures
>[current year]
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 05:01:13 PM »

Oh cool Smiley

Last time I used discord was 2 weeks after the first relase about 1.5 years ago. It was rough then but I hear it's quite amazing now Smiley

Pizzamakesgames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2016, 02:08:57 AM »

Set up a server. Feel free to join and share with any haxeflixel dev you know: https://discord.gg/0kc4JePgdUWRqwDa

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2016, 07:09:42 AM »

Holy crap discord looks different now. It looks like slack. Is it no longer a modern web forum?

EDIT : I'm an idiot I was thinking of dicourse. https://www.discourse.org/

Pizzamakesgames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2016, 05:35:23 PM »

Haha yeah I've been wondering if I got the name's wrong or you did. Discord is totally like slack, personally I like it more cause you can have all your groups in a tab on the side rather than keep links for all of the groups (though there's probably an easier way I havn't stumbled upon yet). Also there's already a Haxe and OpenFL Slack group that both seem kinda high profile on the tech talk. Discord seemed like a good place for a kinda more low-level general place to hang out with if you're dealing with the framework as an end user first.

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:52 PM »

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about using HaxeFlixel and shaders? I've searched a lot for things but haven't really found anything at all. Nothing about what it supports or anything on how to get it to work. I'm pretty new to shaders in general, but have been trying to get into it lately.

Mixer
Level 1

I've never really known what to put here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 02:02:22 AM »

Introduced (kind of) with haxeflixel 4.0.0!

Code: https://github.com/HaxeFlixel/flixel-demos/tree/master/Effects/Filters/source/
Demo: http://haxeflixel.com/demos/Filters/

Haven't used them much myself yet, but glad to know they are there. Shaders are powerful stuff.

My twitter is @5Mixer.
I'm currently making a dungeon game, check it out :D
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=59139.0
Morch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 11:30:39 AM »

Hey!

I used Flixel a few years ago to do some prototyping and enjoyed it quite a bit, so I'm basically wondering how viable it is as a multi-platform game engine/framework to release commercial games.

So, I have a few questions about HaxeFlixel that might be of interest to other developers here.

Does it support fullscreen and can you toggle between the fullscreen and windowed?
Does it have good support for loading and unloading resources dynamically? (images, sounds, etc.)
Does it have some features to support different resolutions/pixel density? (helps with mobile development)
Are there good UI libraries out there for HaxeFlixel? (such as Starling/Feathers)

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic