Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:31:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCreacorp
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Creacorp  (Read 5288 times)
rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2015, 11:53:47 AM »

Hey!

I've been working on this game for a week now and I think it's time to start posting my progress here on the DevLog section!

About
Creacorp is going to be a game inspired on the Pokémon franchise games for portables, well, I always wanted to make a Pokémon game remake (although I worked on one 10 years ago in 3dgs, time flies), but I decided to work on my own game now, and the game will also be inspired on similar games like Dragon Quest Monsters Joker and other games that I will not quote :D.
The game will have lots of things similar to Pokémon BUT it will also have lots of things different too (it will not be a ripoff, I swear). The game will feature a time and weather system, some events will only happen in determined hours of the day and in determined weather conditions too, for instance: some creatures will only appear on sunny days and between 9AM to 3PM, also some NPCs will only appear in some places if some of these criterias match too. Some creatures will be walking/flying/swimming around the map and the player will be able to see them and walk towards them to start a battle and there will be other that will automatically triggers a battle if the player is not able to see too much like in tall grasses, sea, dark caves, ponds, etc. The game will be 3D and will have a huge world.

The last "big" project I worked on was this game, it was programmed in JavaScript so I will be learning a lot since I will be programming in C♯ now! The game will be made using the Unity engine.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:52:48 PM by rodolforubens » Logged

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 03:44:55 PM »

Hey guys! After 3 DevLogs posted on the blog I will share here a brief of what has been done in the project.

(The top ones were the last updates)

Weather System:
This is one of the little systems I'm working on, it will dynamically control all the weather effects based on the current WeatherState, this weather state will smoothly transition to another state changing the amount of rain, fog, mist, lightnings, wind direction, rain speed, etc.

Footstep effects:

This one will spawn effects based on the texture of the stepped mesh renderer/collider

it is also possible to only spawn some of the effects if the player is running or vice-versa.

It is also possible to set multiple textures on the same profile, so it will spawn the same effects on different textures.

Dialog system:

Still a very simple system, so nothing special, the only "special thing" here is that if the next word is too big to fit on the same line, it will starts to appear on the next line automatically. It also have multiple choices.

Game Time system:

The game time will only rotate the sun light, the real deal is that the current weather state being used will dictate the sun light color and intensity, so if it's a cloudy day, the sun light will be grayish and with a smaller intensity than sunny days, if the time is clear but the next weather state is rainy, the current sun light color will be a lerped value between the current and the next weather state sun light color using the normalized remaining time of the current weather state as the parameter of the lerp function, of course the entire day doesn't use the same color, it's a gradient being evaluated. (This gif is an old version, it's a little bit better now)

You guys can see the DevLog posts on my blog!!

Best!

ps.: am I breaking any rules? :p

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 12:57:29 AM »

Looks interesting! It seems the game is in an early state, and you're focusing a lot on the environmental interaction, stuff I would assume would go under the 'polish' category. Are you planning on getting to the core Pokemon-like game mechanics soon?

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 05:04:32 AM »

Looks interesting! It seems the game is in an early state, and you're focusing a lot on the environmental interaction, stuff I would assume would go under the 'polish' category. Are you planning on getting to the core Pokemon-like game mechanics soon?
Hi @DizzyDoo, thanks for replying!  Smiley
I started working on the weather because it will have a lot of influences on the gameplay mechanics! Ok, maybe not a lot, but either way, I'll still mess with the weather and the other systems effects a lot... I want to start working on the battle system but I still didn't decide how it is going to be, of course it will be turn based like Pokémon but I was thinking of making something like 6x6 (or whatever how many creatures the trainer has, taking in consideration which one has fewer creatures) like Disciples, but the creatures would have their moves like Pokémon, you may also use items and give items too. But now I will start working in concept arts.
Cheers!

Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 05:58:08 AM »

Really digging the immersive approach to this Pokémon influenced game. Seeing monsters on the map is interesting. Will there be an overall goal? Defeating a particular person? (Only tropes I can think of are Pokémon centered, ha)

David Stanley
Level 0

I make animations and games for human consumption.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »

This is looking nice! I'm a big fan of the little touches, like dust or splashes as you run across different terrain.  Some of my favorite games (Animal Crossing, the Pokemon series) had either time-sensitive events or region-specific encounters. I look forward to seeing how you approach this system.

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 07:19:09 AM »

Really digging the immersive approach to this Pokémon influenced game. Seeing monsters on the map is interesting. Will there be an overall goal? Defeating a particular person? (Only tropes I can think of are Pokémon centered, ha)
Hey M4uesviecr! I still didn't decide the final goal of the game, the only thing I know is that the player will need to defeat lots of different coaches (trainers, I'll explain later :D), and creatures, I'm struggling to find something that motivates the player to keep going...

This is looking nice! I'm a big fan of the little touches, like dust or splashes as you run across different terrain.  Some of my favorite games (Animal Crossing, the Pokemon series) had either time-sensitive events or region-specific encounters. I look forward to seeing how you approach this system.
Thanks David Stanley! I'm still deciding these kind of things, I have a big list of todos on my trello but still didn't decided this, of course, there will be different creatures on different parts of the game world and they will also appear on different periods of the day and also different creatures on different weather conditions, but that's all I could think about it yet.

I made this little concept, it's been a long time that I don't draw anything.

I made this drawing just to know which style I will choose to draw my concepts, sorry for the inconsistencies on it, mainly on the left eye, it looks weird, I know.

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 03:19:50 PM »

Hey guys I got a new devlog on my blog: https://yorkgs.wordpress.com/2015/11/28/devlog-4-character-style-sample/

This is the model I made based on the concept I uploaded, but it is also ready for character customization, every piece is separated on a different mesh, the hair, eye (pupil styles), clothes and etc. Some parts will be customizable through blend shapes like the nose, mouth and eye shape.

Of course it still needs some tweaks and polishes (this is the third place that I type this o_O), do you think I should add some normal maps (those I'm using are generated by Unity using the textures), will it look good in an anime themed game? What do you think?

Cheers!

And now, I will work a little on the battle system! (finally)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 03:26:58 PM by rodolforubens » Logged

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »

Hey guys, I just posted a new devlog on my blog about how the battle system is coming out:

About 6vs6 fights, multiple players in the same battle (3vs3) how I will treat moves use (instead of PPs, each move will have a move cost and each creature will have a maximum move points to spent and that will change by level) and many other things, I hope you guys take a look and maybe some feedbacks:
https://yorkgs.wordpress.com/2015/12/13/devlog-5-battle-system-prototyping/

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 05:15:32 PM »

I really like the textured model!

I think your game has some great concepts.  There'll definitely be something special about a "Pokemon-esque" game that allows FULL 3D movement.  Although Pokemon X&Y and AS&OR are 3D, the fully immersive feel doesn't happen unless your rollerblading.

Yo-Kai watch did this with movement and it really makes such a difference in a 3D world. 

I also think it's great that you're emphasizing the interactive environment before even having the full world completed/modeled/textured, etc.  Too many developers out there make a world first, assume it's done, and call it a day.  I think putting a life or soul into the world before the world is even fully created is a wonderful tactic.

Looking forward to more Smiley

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
pmarincak
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 07:57:16 PM »

Looks interesting.
I'm looking forward to more. Smiley

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 12:19:49 PM »

I really like the textured model!

I think your game has some great concepts.  There'll definitely be something special about a "Pokemon-esque" game that allows FULL 3D movement.  Although Pokemon X&Y and AS&OR are 3D, the fully immersive feel doesn't happen unless your rollerblading.

Yo-Kai watch did this with movement and it really makes such a difference in a 3D world.  

I also think it's great that you're emphasizing the interactive environment before even having the full world completed/modeled/textured, etc.  Too many developers out there make a world first, assume it's done, and call it a day.  I think putting a life or soul into the world before the world is even fully created is a wonderful tactic.

Looking forward to more Smiley

Hi amanfr01, thanks for replying, to be honest I think I will turn the game in a 3rd person, I want some features in the game that will be not possible with this camera angle, but still, I think it will be even more immersive. And I think that it's better to create these small things first, then after I just populate the game world and these details will already be there!

Looks interesting.
I'm looking forward to more. Smiley

Hi pmarincak, thanks for replying, soon I will be posting more!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:17:48 PM by rodolforubens » Logged

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 05:26:10 PM »

Once again, just studying drawing styles for my concepts:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 12:58:56 PM by rodolforubens » Logged

Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »

[ img height=100 width=100]http://i.imgur.com/Qfq2wbo.png[/img ]

Gentleman

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 12:57:35 PM »

[ img height=100 width=100]http://i.imgur.com/Qfq2wbo.png[/img ]

Gentleman

yo, thanks Pezomi!

rodolforubens
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 01:51:19 PM »

Hey guys, I made the model of the concept:

There are a couple of differences between the concept and the model but I'm already fixing.
And here is the devlog post about it: https://yorkgs.wordpress.com/2015/12/28/first-creature-concept-and-model/

TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »

It's looking great, friend!

It definitely has that Pokemon vibe, no doubt. Kind of like Poochyena's long lost cousin. It's very distinct in its own way, and I think you're on a wonderful track to a great start with creature design! 

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 05:16:47 PM »

Haha, definitely has a Poocheyna feel. You do a really solid job transitioning your concept art to 3-D models, man! Can't wait to see them in action (right now, I'm expecting their movements to be similar to Pokemon Stadium).

Silent Crow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 05:54:07 PM »

Nice! This looks interesting, I'm a huge Pokemon nerd. Definitely gonna keep my eye on this.
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 07:06:01 PM »

Looks nice, good luck with the project. Isn't Unity / C# easy to pick up when you know Java? Seems like you're doing quite well!

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic