Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:17:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopHelp me work out colour choices!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help me work out colour choices!  (Read 2441 times)
Raptorgeddon
Level 0

Amateur Developer, Professional Student.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:27:44 AM »

Hey everyone. I'm doing bits and pieces of art style development for my game Bleak and I've run into a road block. The game's going to have these five population groups, and they all need a colour. I've tried all sorts of workflows to decide them, Adobe Kuler, Palleton, Randomly spinning the colourwheel and choosing whatever sticks, but nothing feels right.

My problems are thus:

- There's two opposing pairs, and one outlier, and I don't know if I want to show that in the colours as well as the 'narrative'
 - socially, both Prisoners and the military have colours associated with them already( Luminous orange and drab green respectively)
 - hue/saturation balance, keying everything to the prisoner values makes the military luminous green, and vice versa.

Whilst the course I'm doing at University is arts based, I've gravitated towards modelling and the more technical aspects, so my artistic knowledge has dried up somewhat. I don't suppose any of you wonderful people would be kind enough to offer advice in this matter?

JWK5
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 12:03:04 PM »

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic