Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:38:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSandbox Adventure - free online visual novels
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Sandbox Adventure - free online visual novels  (Read 7008 times)
DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:26:16 PM »

Hi,

II've been working on an RPG engine for the game Wind Fortress and it is already advanced enough to make visual novels. It is called Sandbox Adventure Engine (SAE).

One of my favourite feature is an automatic importer from Ren'Py, the main visuel novel engine. Of course, it is not a "one-click" conversion, but most of the process is automated, leaving only "few" things to be done manually. Three virtual novels have already been translated and I'm working on three others that will be released soon. You can check the result on the engine website.

For now, I am the only one able to create project, but it would be great if anybody could do it one day. But there is still a lot of work to be done to achieve that. Since it is not yet open source (not that I don't want to share it but it is such a big mess!), I'm planning to add an exporter to Ren'Py so all projects made with SAE will be fully exportable to Ren'Py in almost one click. Authors that will chose to create a visual novel with SAE won't be dependant of my framework.

SAE is compatible with desktop, tablet and mobile device. There are still many things to be done and I will post any advancement on this thread.

The showcase is available here: http://sandbox-adventure.com/

The first two stories are Fetish: Wanted and Fest-off!

FETISH: WANTED

A Fetish's spin-off game that can be played without having seen the previous games.
It has 5 endings and 7,835 words.

Set in a high school alternate universe, Hexia received a letter from Vier's high school principal, requesting her to interview some students for a reason unstated. Bored as she always is, she accepted the request without hesitation and her poor butler, Cain, got dragged along.

FEST-OFF

An Hakuoki fan game. It has 2 endings and 3,161 words.

Many know that Shinpachi and Yamazaki from Hakuoki don't have routes and IDEA FACTORY has released mini games with these characters, but we wanted something more.

That's where Fest-off comes in, a non-profit fan-made linear game by two fans. You attend a festival celebration with your choice of Shinpachi or Yamazaki and have fun plus fluffy moments that are written true to the characters from the game.

I hope you will like it. Don't hesitate to report bug if you find any.
Have fun  :D

PS: even if I hope one day to make money with games I develop with SAE, the engine is not a commercial project in itself. All converted games fully belong to their authors and are accessible for free.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:14:59 PM by DrSchizo » Logged

One day, I will live in theory, because in theory, everything is possible!
Devlogs: Wind Fortress (RPG) and Sandbox Adventure (Visual Novels)
DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 04:12:15 PM »

There is another game available: Wanted: Dragon by Godline, quirien and Anne.

Chrysandra is the crowned princess of Novaria, but she is not first in line for the throne. To rectify that grave injustice she has decided to get even with the whole kingdom and get a dragon to help her in her mad grab for power (or in burning the place to the ground).

Of course procuring a dragon for her evil schemes is not always easy, and with a do-gooder mage hindering her, she might have to think about very crafty ways to get what she wants.

Will she succeed? Will she fail? Will she fall in love?

It is a much longer adventure than the two other one, with more than 28000 words.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »

Magical Otoge Ciel is now available on Sandbox Adventure.

Ciel is a princess who has never been allowed to leave her kingdom. Along with her loyal knight and bodyguard, she decides to follow her dreams of seeing the world.

It’s a very pure story so expect fluff, but know there is mild blood for a short time in the game.

It is the longest converted novel yet, with 53,771 words and 3 endings.

NEW SHORTCUTS

Moreover, there are now few shortcuts available:
  • SPACE: next dialog
  • PAUSE: skip/unskip texte
  • ESCAPE: open the menu

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 04:59:01 PM »

There are several new features:
  • normal, fast and ultra-fast skipping (respectively ctrl, ctrl+shift and ctrl+>)
  • text history in case you skipped to much text (F2)
  • in game shortcut list (F1)

Moreover, Melos in now available on Sandbox Adventure.

Picture Archaic Greece.

A strange and ambivalent time and land. Most of the country is uncivilized, a chain of city-states, yet the isles on the other side of the sea have been colonized. Socrate's great-great-grandfather is not born yet, but art is flourishing and the Odyssey a scholar classic. Many conceptions about Ancient Greece are already true, but much more are not, for the best and the worst.

Melos is a short story about the relationship between two young women in this blooming world, with poetry, paintings and other art forms the ancient Greeks were fond of.

Enjoy!

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 05:35:16 PM »

That wasn't easy, but the engine is now graphically fully responsive  :D

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 06:53:04 PM »

My Cup of Coffee in now available on Sandbox Adventure.

You are the owner of Cafe Latte.

When two of your regular customers seem in a bit of relationship trouble, will you be able to uncover what is really happening?

Will you save their relationship?

It has 3 endings and 6,143 words.

The game is very atypical since the player successively interrogates several characters. There is no route to take, just many (many) questions. It was very difficult to convert because of its highly extensive use of calls but after days of really hard work, I finally nailed it Cool

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 04:26:03 PM »

Fairly Dangerous in now available on Sandbox Adventure.

We've seen it before: human gets put in a new fantasy environment and the natural world helps enlighten him to the harshness of an industry.

But what happens when the opposite takes place? Five tiny fairy friends are about to find out. Hiding in a hiker's backpack, they get taken away from the Enchanted Forest they call home and taken to a rank apartment. Now they have to avoid hazards like microwaves, rat traps, and more. Can you make it out of this fairly dangerous place alive?

This is a dark comedy visual novel with horror and tragicomedy elements. This is not for the squeamish.

Features:
  • 12k words
  • 16 Endings
  • Cruel Deaths
  • Many Ways to Die, Few Ways to Survive
  • Pretty Fairies

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 05:43:40 PM »

Major changes on the website: http://sandbox-adventure.com/

Each game has now its own description page and have tags.
Users can like a game and write feedback, as long as they are positive and/or constructive.

Sharing the game with your friends is now really easy thanks to new share buttons.
In addition to the Facebook and Twitter pages, there is now a Tumblr: http://ninesquarezone.tumblr.com/

Don't hesitate to follow me on the social media if you want to be kept inform of all new games releases.

As I say on the website: creating games on Sandbox adventure is highly time-consuming and 100% volunteer. What is keeping us going? Having players and nice feedbacks, of course! So, do not hesitate to share the games and leave constructive feedbacks, here or on Sandbox Adventure.

Thank you!

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 07:02:22 AM »

The One in LOVE is now available on Sandbox Adventure.

It is a short kinetic Sci-Fi novel made for NanoRenO 2014. It is 4,872 words long.

In a distant or not so distant future, an unemployed teacher decides to venture into space to make enough money to save the life of his wife. While he's on a mission to extract minerals from a distant asteroid, the central computer of the spaceship alerts our spaceman that the three gynoid robots on board may have a malfunction and that they can enter at any time in what is called a state of "loss of vital extensions", or LOVE, for short. Of course you know that on stories of this kind things are never what they seemed to be.

This is a short (19 days work, about an hour playing time) graphic (visual) novel telling the story of Rashad, and why he is a man like no other in the whole universe.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »

Locked Heart is now available on Sandbox Adventure.

Locked Heart was inspired by the story of Goldilocks with small hints of Beauty and the Beast. It has 6 endings and 66,393 words.

Once upon a time, the d'Lockes, a prestigious family, became the receivers of a terrible curse. No one has heard of them since then. Seven years later, their mansion remains standing in the dark forest with no signs of life inside. Nobody even dares to go near it. Until one day, a girl named Aura stumbles across the house, and is greeted by a family of... talking plush toys?!

Join Aura as she struggles to find out the truth behind the curse and break it.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 12:05:40 PM »

Diving in Deep is now available on Sandbox Adventure.

When underwater archaeologist, Quinn, discovers an artifact in the ruins she is exploring just offshore, she doesn’t realise the significance of it. At least, not until she comes face to face with the owner of the artifact… who happens to have a tail.

Introduced to the world of the Merpeople, Quinn must keep the exciting discovery quiet in order to protect their secrets, all whilst dealing with new feelings that are stirring towards her merman guide, Merrik.
If that wasn’t difficult enough, she must contend with the persistent interference of a dangerous treasure hunter searching for his next big prize.

And Quinn is all too aware that the Merpeople would be his perfect target.

The game has 6 endings and 19,472 words.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 06:18:25 AM »

You can play to Colors ~ Aoi's Utopia ~ on Sandbox Adventure.

Welcome to Aoi's space, world, utopia in which he called "Colors" despite being a colorless or plain white place. But since he created this world, he can name and modify it to whatever comes in his mind.

He believes he is alone in his own world and no one can enter it other than Aoi himself, but one day there appeared an energetic boy covered in bandages much to Aoi's astonishment. But there's more to it. The boy knows Aoi, but Aoi doesn't know him. However, the boy just introduced himself as Aoi's "friend". 

Yet, Aoi claims he has no friends. AT ALL.

His "peaceful" life suddenly disturbed by an unknown boy.

Who is this boy? How does he know and relate to Aoi? More importantly, how did he enter Aoi's utopia?

The game has 3 endings and 15,016 words.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 03:28:08 PM »

Hierofania is available on Sandbox Adventure.

A stranger arrives at Utrecht's Dusk, a remote and almost deserted outpost of the once powerful and wise Knights of Utrecht.

He says he has been accused of a crime he did not commit, and requests their help.

But the Knights are not what they once were. Utrecht, god of Justice and their patron deity, has been missing for ten years, and can no longer lend them magic or guidance.

Crocket, an unexperienced young squire, steps forward...

The game has 7 endings and 27,283 words.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »

New game: Syrup and the Ultimate Sweet

In a peaceful town of magic users, there is a shop that only sells ordinary, non-magical candies. Atelier Sweets. The owner is known as the Candy Alchemist, a firm believer in science as the superior art. Proud and stubborn, she continues to make magnificent candies in order to prove her case.

But one day, she found in her workshop a magical golem made of candy that wants to become her friend. Where did she come from? Who the heck made her? GO FIND OUT!!

The game has 10 endings and 17,001 words.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »

With/Knight is now available here: http://sandbox-adventure.com/witch-knight.html

Lady Knight Bethlyn, of the third rank, of the Order of the High King (just Bethlyn is fine) is finally near the end of her journey to bring Elisa back to life. She's finally close to locating the goddess of rebirth.

However, it's not that simple. She has to complete seven tasks if she wants to do so. It may be difficult, but she'll come to find it maybe even harder.

By the end, she'll have to ask herself: who is she really?

The game has 4 endings and 14,869 words.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 07:35:10 PM »

New game: Romance Detective

Solve mysteries… in the name of love!

Swaggering forward with a rose clenched firmly in her teeth and her fedora tipped low over her sunglasses, Romance Detective is here to solve the case. No murders or deaths in the sweet town of Lovebloom, however. Instead, Romance Detective (and her confused partner Romance Cop) tackles the case of the missing vase, which on the side is stamped proudly with a giant heart. Romance Detective might not be certified, she might not have anything to go off of, but she knows that this was definitely a crime of passion.

The game has 1 ending and 7,388 words.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »

New game: Starlit Flowers

One night when Einar is traveling through the forest, she sees two stars descend from the sky. She inspects the crash site to find two strange girls that appear out of this world. Their names are Ailis and Cerise, they ask Einar to help them return home and claim they fell from the night sky. Einar is skeptical about their story, but she decides to help them out anyway.

This is where their fun little adventure through the forest begins. As Einar gets to know the girls more, she starts to wonder if they're The Star guardians her deceased mother used to tell her stories about.

The game has 1 ending and 19,066 words.

Tags: Kinetic, Slice of Life, Fantasy, GxG, NaNoRenO 2016

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 09:21:38 AM »

Romance is Dead

Madelaine "Maddie" Washington is an ordinary biology student living in New Orleans. Her life revolves mostly around studying, and she recently broke up with her boyfriend - however, that was only the most recent disappointment in a long line of unsatisfying relationships Maddie has had throughout her lifetime. She has never been able to find her idea of romance fulfilled, and she's starting to think that romance - the good, old, classic type of romance - may be dead.

However, one strange October, she finds out that romance really IS dead - though in a different way than she thought it would be...

The game has 9 endings and 42,646 words.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 06:12:48 AM by DrSchizo » Logged

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 06:12:13 AM »

# Dejection: An Ode

An historical one-sided romance set in late 1790s England

"I could never dislike you. Not even if you were to strike me, or spit on me. I would love you all the same."

Dejection deals with two young, female poets, Samantha and Lillian, as they struggle with their not-so-successful careers, writer’s block, depression, and their own friendship, which is slowly starting to fall apart.

Both characters are based on real English poets who were alive in the 1790s, and the VN is reasonably accurate in following the lives of these two poets - though neither of them were cute girls in reality. If you want to know who they’re based on, you’ll have to read it for yourself (although maybe you can already guess…)

The game is kinetic and 19,630 words long.

DrSchizo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 04:30:01 PM »

# Heartbaked

A pastry-based otome game that's too sweet for you!

In a beautiful elven village hidden away in a lovely little forest, one pastry chef has just reached the last recipe in a sacred book passed down from her grandmother. Ginger has waited her entire career and quite possibly her life for this, and cannot wait to finally have created everything inside. However, the last recipe requires an ingredient that she doesn’t have in her pantry. TRUE LOVE! Ginger must go on a journey to find this true love, hopefully in one of the three admittedly quirky guys she knows. One problem though- she sucks at it. Good luck.

Basically a comedy otome game poking fun at the genre set in an elven village whose economy runs entirely around pastries.

The game has 9 endings and 61,090 words.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic