Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:31:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLinear Quest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Linear Quest  (Read 4035 times)
Rasse
Level 1

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2015, 11:08:48 AM »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rasanenl.linearquest

Me and my brother have been working on this game for a while now and we've finally got it on beta stage. We uploaded the game on google play as beta but it somehow got uploaded as finished version, we're gonna keep it as it is for now.

Anyway we'd love to hear your opinions, suggestions criticism about the game. We appreciate anykind of feedback, even if you think the game sucks.  Grin

Linear Quest is a sidescrolling rpg where you "grind" your character and try to beat the final boss. Beta version has only 2 areas (2 bosses) which aren't fully made yet, areas are lacking npcs and all kind of stuff, but there's lots of skills to try out and other stuff. There's no backstory at the moment but we're working on it.

I'm probaly making devlog later.  Gentleman

Cheers,
Rasse  Beer!

edit: typos
edit2: forgot to add gif

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:28:35 PM by Rasse » Logged
DingusKhan
Level 0

I do stuff, sometimes.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 01:07:10 PM »

Hello.

I saw your app, and decided to try it out. I got to the main menu, made a character, and then it immediately crashed. I've tried this 4 times, and every time it's crashed at the same point.

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z2 on Android Lollipop.

This looked fun, so I hope you can resolve the issue soon.
Rasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »

Hey, we're sorry to hear that the game crashed on your phone. Sad

We'll start to fix this immediately, we'll let you know when there's a new build available.

Thank you for your comment.  Gentleman

Cheers
-Rasse

edit:

Alright, we tried the new build on sony's remote device test lab with Xperia Z1(there wasn't Z2 available?). It worked. Xperia Z1 test device had Jellybean (4.4.4) So we can't guarantee it'll work on lollipop, we still keep on testing and try to find another phone with lollipop. The new build also works a bit smoother.

Because play store doesn't update so often, we put a link to our dropbox if you're interested to try again.  Wink
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9vs6bv5o1ug6fo/linear%20quest%20beta.apk?dl=0

Cheer
-Rasse
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:15:01 PM by Rasse » Logged
Rasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 11:12:07 AM »

We added one new area (20 maps) and one boss to the game.

Thank you for your support!

-Rasse
DingusKhan
Level 0

I do stuff, sometimes.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 05:43:26 AM »

I've only just seen your reply. Unfortunately, my Z2 completely smashed the other day, but my Huawei P8 should be arriving today and I'll be testing your new build on that as soon as it arrives.
Knightfall
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 03:10:21 PM »

I just tried it out. I was pretty lost when it started.. maybe you should add a tutorial level where it tells you how to play.

Also, as a composer I feel like the music could have been better
Rasse
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 07:22:39 AM »

I've only just seen your reply. Unfortunately, my Z2 completely smashed the other day, but my Huawei P8 should be arriving today and I'll be testing your new build on that as soon as it arrives.
Damn we're sorry to hear that. Sad We hope you enjoy the game when you get to play it. Smiley

I just tried it out. I was pretty lost when it started.. maybe you should add a tutorial level where it tells you how to play.

Also, as a composer I feel like the music could have been better
Hey and thanks for the feedback! We're planning to add playable tutorial stage for the game in future, hopefully it'll be ready for the next update.

We propably hire a composer later. Depends on how much revenue the game makes. Smiley

Cheers  Gentleman
- Rasse
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic