Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:50:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignSpectacle ARPGs like Kingdom Hearts?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spectacle ARPGs like Kingdom Hearts?  (Read 786 times)
Drof
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:11:36 AM »

I've sort of had an itch to make a 3D combat system which was very light, cinematic and bombastic like Kingdom Hearts. I was trying to think of what other games fit this bill though?

There are a lot of close games - God of War has a surprising number of similarities, and a lot of the hack-n-slash genre is in a similar category. But most demand you mostly master the same moves, wheras Kingdom Hearts sort of tries to make each enemy feel unique and (some) levels offer visual evolutions of your combat animations rather than damage boosts.

Also, I don't know how this'll be scoped. Ideally it'd be something that can be finished in ~6 months (so really should be planning for 2 months) which means that we might have to focus entirely on just getting fun mechanics. I'm dreamily thinking of going the route of something like Hyper Light Drifter, just focusing 110% on getting the core combat fun and whimsical.

Our art style would have to be super easy so we can pour all that extra effort into the animations.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic