Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 08:01:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 372524 times)
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »

Props to Kobel for the idea. Give a one line pitch for the project you're working on / dream game you'd like to see somebody make.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Take the role of an alien exploring an abandoned island, traversing dangerous treasure filled lands to uncover the simplest question you don't know: What is your name?

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 12:01:14 AM »

I'll kick the ball along-

"The world has been attacked by evil beings who silence it, and you are a being sent from the heavens to eliminate them with the power of MUSIC!"

"An evil organization who seemingly only wish to cause chaos has sprung up, and you being an Agent of the peace protecting PALADIN, have to stop them with your transforming robo-fist!"

"Travel into your own mind on a zany adventure to try to heal your body from a mysterious disease that seeks to destroy you, and use your latent meta-psychic (psychic abilities only able to be used in a mental world) abilities to stop it!"

"You have been killed against your destiny, and must fight your way out of an afterlife that is being invaded by the sins of the world."

Also, your pitch; that was your game your working on, Life+, right?
ChevyRay
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »

Cool idea.

A role-playing game where battles consist of matching and overpowering your enemies dance moves with your own.
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 12:09:24 AM »

Also, your pitch; that was your game your working on, Life+, right?
Yup. Grin

Also the music themed ideas always sound cool. Crazy

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 12:10:19 AM »

The story about a girl who commits a horrible crime because she wants the punishment - to be banished from the earth and forced to endlessly roam the skies searching for someone.

Inanimate, those are all great, but I certainly hope that
"An evil organization who seemingly only wish to cause chaos has sprung up, and you being an Agent of the peace protecting PALADIN, have to stop them with your transforming robo-fist!"
was meant as a B-game kind of idea :D
Problem Machine
Level 8

It's Not a Disaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 12:13:25 AM »

Futurama meets Silent Hill in Castlevania.

I am completely not joking.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 12:14:59 AM »

After emerging from a centuries-long prosper in a subterranean metropolis, take on the role of the Mamu, Amijen, as he leads his fellow surface-colonists through this semi-PROCEDURALLY GENERATED side-scrolling ACTION PLATFORMER with a focus on FAST-PACED COMBAT and SQUAD TACTICS to outmaneuver foes FIVE STORIES tall, outsmart HORDES of enemies, and secure the MAMU's place as the rightful inheritors of the planet, all while trying to defy a prophecy long foretold of the end of their kind!

TE BONJETH

Coming to a HIGH OCTANE computer near you, 20XX.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 12:29:28 AM »

Inanimate, those are all great, but I certainly hope that
was meant as a B-game kind of idea :D

Yeah, that is a B-Game kind of idea. It is meant to be a loving homage to the fun Beat 'Em Ups of old, and also some super hero stuff too.
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 12:55:26 AM »

You are a mosquito that terrorizes people and gives them malaria.

@doomlaser, mark johns
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »

There is already a game like this, except for the malaria part.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Mosquito

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 01:58:19 AM »

"Claim Jumper"

You're a dusty old prospector in the 1800's searching for gold in the California desert hills.  You have to balance your time between mining, hunting, and protecting your claim from claim jumpers.

I've been kicking the idea around for a while, but I'll probably never make it.

tweet tweet @j_younger
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 02:45:40 AM »

There is already a game like this, except for the malaria part.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Mosquito

Holy crap.  we made a 2d one a few months ago, but never quite finished it.  I'd never heard of this game, but it looks pretty rad.

@doomlaser, mark johns
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 05:59:20 AM »

Rock Band Opera. You have no idea how bad I want this.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 07:11:51 AM »

A sand box game where you play as thor

I actually am working on this

Lo
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 09:10:12 AM »

Rock Band Opera. You have no idea how bad I want this.

Holy fuck, yes! I sing opera, and I'd dearly love this!

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 11:15:02 AM »

play as an immortal engineer who designs and produces traps and security for areas throughout history, such as the pyramids, ziggurats, various tombs, castles, secret storage areas of museums, and futuristic buildings

salade
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 11:27:06 AM »

Game i'm working on: a ninja game. that's it.(actually there is more, I promise)

game i'd like to see: an adventure game where you can travel to different parts of the day to garner clues about how to solve puzzles that occur previously in the day. a type of flashback ordeal.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 12:14:18 PM »

game i'd like to see: an adventure game where you can travel to different parts of the day to garner clues about how to solve puzzles that occur previously in the day. a type of flashback ordeal.

http://www.eyezmaze.com/chronon/v0/index.html

Well, it's sorta the same idea Smiley

tweet tweet @j_younger
mirosurabu
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »

Game relying on interface which allows players to project their goals and reactions using I-statements.

Actually, one of my projects is based on that idea.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 12:27:49 PM »

"A Simple Life"

I've always wanted to see a game that could combine the combat/platforming/action of an action game with stats/equipment/abilities of an RPG. Most games I found lose some features of what made each game great. Creating a game that can do this has been something I've always wanted to do.

Also I've mapped (some on paper, a lot in mind) a huge world with ares needing a lot of exploration. Mountains holding caves with winding pathways, cities with high buildings and so on.

Higher difficulty doesn't always mean beefed up enemies. I want to make enemies that are tough to beat even when their weaker because they think, not just attack blindly.

While still in the daydream phase, I've created huge dialog trees to make interacting with NPCs fun. You want Van to travel with you because of great stories of promiscuity, not just that his rifle can one hit zombies.

Oh and pets, lots of pets.

This game is way over my head and I don't have either the art or programming skills to ever get this off ground.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic