Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:20:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 373258 times)
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1480 on: January 19, 2013, 07:07:26 PM »

The game starts as a sort of casual life-sim type game. You have a character who lives in a house and does mundane tasks, like the laundry and groceries. However, over time, the game slowly becomes a horror game as your character begins to go insane.

This is inspired by a strange fever dream I had where I was playing some kind of game where I had to run errands around a house. The house had several other occupants. I remember thinking "this is a boring game..." as I ordered my character to go and buy paper towels from the grocery store. When I got back, things were askew and all the roomates were gone. There was a growling noise emanating from the basement. At that moment, I knew, viscerally, what the game was really about!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:04:33 PM by BleakProspects » Logged

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1481 on: January 20, 2013, 05:13:44 AM »

creeeeeeepy  Shocked

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1482 on: January 22, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »

I have part of an idea down.

The player access various computers to find information, unlock doors, open paths, etc etc. However the player must use the computer almost as a real computer. Typing in specific things, creating an active directory account for themselves using an admin computer so they can gain full access to things.

Some sort of exploration game where this is one of the tools you have to get where youre going. Basically it would work sort of like this,

PLEASE LOGIN

USERNAME:
PASSWORD:

REGISTER

And, if you just started the game up, youd have to register an account that you then use to access stuff.

roc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 23, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »

I always wanted to make a short game where you are a psychopath in love.  Unable and frankly unwilling to curb your cruel and often homicidal urges, you must go on a series of dates without alerting your sweetie to your criminal insanity by opportunistically committing horrible acts just out of their sight or while they are momentarily distracted.

Something like a constantly filling "crazy meter" would be involved, with higher crazy levels requiring more noticeable fits of wackiness to empty the meter.  If it fills all the way up you completely crack and, I dunno, attain enlightenment and go ride dirtbikes with god on infinite fractal dunes made of grains of solid time?  The important thing is, game over.
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 24, 2013, 04:16:12 AM »

If it fills all the way up you completely crack and, I dunno, attain enlightenment and go ride dirtbikes with god on infinite fractal dunes made of grains of solid time?
This is great :D
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1485 on: January 24, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »

A mix of Advanced wars and Gun Bound/Worms.
Basically small armies of with 3-4 units per side, for mobile phones and pads.
2D side-scrolling with fog of war and fully destructible environments.
Different types of units, like flying, heavily armored, heavily armed or quick units.

Since it's turn based it doesn't even have to be played in real time.
The fog of war would add a new aspect to the genre and make way for scout units with higher vision range and abilities like flares.

With a singleplayer campaign, survival mode and multiplayer.

Draw a picture...I'm intrigued!

Haha, maybe if this goes from an idea to a planned game Wink
Another spin-off idea:

A fantasy, party based artillery game in 2D (like worms, gunbound) where you control a party of 3 typical fantasy archetypes, a knight, a rogue and a wizard.
All characters have a standard ranged attack, like throwing axes, archery and magic. Massive damage bonuses for throwing at a high angle.
With additional abilities, like shields, healing, stealth.
If an enemy attacks you in melee you are locked in melee combat until that enemy is dead.
The knight has strong melee attacks and defense, while the rogue has less and the wizard the least.

You play through a campaign, where you play a sidescrolling 2D dungeon at a time, with forests, swamps, mountain levels in between. Once enemies are dead you can open chests and loot the place and move around in real-time.
There would also be a hub-town from where you can travel to new dungeons.

Other than that it would have all the typical rpg elements, a story, dialogues, levels, loot, gear, potions and spells, pets.

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1486 on: January 25, 2013, 08:54:34 PM »

The decade is 293X, approximately 700 years following the advent of a wormhole drive allowing the transport of physical goods instantaneously over unfathomable distances. Dozens of planets have been terraformed and colonized inside the Milky Way - and so many more lie undisturbed, waiting patiently to be set upon by human feet.

You are John Doe. All you have to your name is your android help and an antiquated, run-down starship. You've just lost your job thanks to economic misfortune and now you've had quite enough of the system.

Mine for minerals in rich asteroid belts. Scour once-lush planets for artifacts of long-dead civilizations. Start a family. Hire a crew. Perform jobs as an independent contractor. Set up an industry on a planet or, if you so please, across several. Upgrade your ship. Scrap the old ship and buy a new one. Furnish the new ship. Find it impounded after raiding a government starship. Annihilate the planet that's the transportation hub of the galaxy as revenge. Die in the resulting explosion for want of distance from the event.

I suddenly got the urge to make an open-world roguelike in the universe of a novel I'm writing. Not a good chance it'll actually happen, though.
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: January 26, 2013, 02:27:41 AM »

_Madk, what would the gameplay look like? Eve Online? Vendetta Online? X3 or something? FTL?
Youknowme
Level 0

Dude...

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: January 26, 2013, 03:46:45 AM »

So theres this guy called Antymattar. And theres this freak dragon called maw. So antymattar has to go and kill the dragon Maw and thats it. Oh yeah, and ed glasses and planet scanning etc should be involved.
Cool idea, but I think it would be even better if the dragon defeated him and Antymattar was banished.

I'm sorry, but as soon as I saw this I just had to make an account and tell you how absolutely dumb both ideas are. The firs tone is bland and boring, whereas the second one is not finished. Srsly eva, stop. And be careful, you might get banned for pretending to be me. There can only be one... person. There can however be multiple accounts.
feminazi
« Reply #1489 on: January 26, 2013, 04:20:33 AM »

that's not me, also why do you keep doing this??? it makes no cents
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1490 on: January 26, 2013, 06:38:11 AM »

_Madk, what would the gameplay look like? Eve Online? Vendetta Online? X3 or something? FTL?

It'd be a roguelike.

edit: Oh shit, I just realized that I ought to be able to do something roughly along the same lines using my engine I'm working on. Maybe I'll do that instead.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1491 on: January 26, 2013, 06:43:59 AM »

I have part of an idea down.

The player access various computers to find information, unlock doors, open paths, etc etc. However the player must use the computer almost as a real computer. Typing in specific things, creating an active directory account for themselves using an admin computer so they can gain full access to things.

There was a game somewhat like this on the C64. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_%28video_game%29
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 26, 2013, 09:00:37 AM »

A Punch-Out Game where you could make the opponent face a persons photo , kinda like the 3ds game where you need to shoot some spaceships , what do we call it again ?  Durr...?
Blambo
« Reply #1493 on: January 27, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »

An alternative game to Pong, called "Ping", where you control the latency of your controls to confuse or misguide your opponent, along with a couple of different ruses to screw him up.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 27, 2013, 05:36:00 PM »

An alternative game to Pong, called "Ping", where you control the latency of your controls to confuse or misguide your opponent, along with a couple of different ruses to screw him up.
I laughed.

Robo Dusty: so idea
Robo Dusty: A game where the only defined controls are that you use the mouse to move around the menus
Renya!: k
Robo Dusty: 2 controls can be bound to each button
Robo Dusty: they execute in the order they are put in
Robo Dusty: so if you did "jump/walk left"
Robo Dusty: you would jump and then walk left.
Robo Dusty: Not that big of a deal for that combo
Robo Dusty: but here's the second part
Robo Dusty: players can also choose 5 abilities
Robo Dusty: and 3 or so loadout of the 5 abilities
Renya!: oic
Robo Dusty: changing between loadouts is also possible
Robo Dusty: so for example in loadout one, I have fireball, in loadout two, I have melee
Robo Dusty: if my left mouse command goes "attack/switch to loadout 1"
Robo Dusty: I'll attack, then switch to fireball
Robo Dusty: but if it's reversed
Robo Dusty: so
Robo Dusty: "switch to loadout 1/attack"
Robo Dusty: all of those attacks will be fireballs
Renya!: so basically you can make combos?
Robo Dusty: yes
Robo Dusty: and the mouse has a few different ways to control the player
Robo Dusty: the mouse being above, to the left, to the right, or below, are all commands
Robo Dusty: as well as the mouse buttons
Robo Dusty: there'd also be a definable 'null' area for the mouse around the player
Robo Dusty: so if you put the mouse there, they wouldn't do anything
Robo Dusty: or they'd do whatever you told them to do
Robo Dusty: but that allows for complete mouse control
Robo Dusty: or you could say fuck it I want to play like cavestory
Robo Dusty: and you could do that
Robo Dusty: because whether you use the mouse or not, all aiming is restricted to 4 directions
Robo Dusty: here's a neat thing though, you can also say 'switch to loadout x/aim up"
Robo Dusty: meaning when you aim up you use a specific weapon
Robo Dusty: this game would either be complete chaos
Robo Dusty: or pure gold

roc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 27, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »

Robo Dusty: this game would either be complete chaos
Robo Dusty: or pure gold

Doesn't sound like the two would be mutually exclusive in this case.  Would a cyborg theme playing up the modular nature of the controls be too obvious?
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: January 27, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »

I think that might be the only way to do that.
But then I was thinking of having things like different feet-based abilities that did things such as give you double jump, or a high jump or something like that.
But perhaps a gigantic group of wizards going all out would be cool too.

Blambo
« Reply #1497 on: January 27, 2013, 05:55:03 PM »

I laughed.

That's why I'm here  Smiley

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1498 on: January 27, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »

I think there was something like that on that Penn and Teller Sega CD game, where you could secretely fuck with your opponent's control, but only your controller could do the screwing around.
SinisterPride
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 27, 2013, 09:59:41 PM »

It is an action/adventure about the journey of a traveling Apprentice/Monk and his/her knee high pet creature/companion. Along his/her travels he/she well meet, battle and befriend various other creatures. He/she will also have the opportunity to learn the craft from other weavers within temples/monasteries of their respective attunement. Basically, I'm aiming for my own version of Avatar meets Pokemon.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic