Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:37:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376550 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: March 21, 2013, 09:43:55 AM »

it refresh every 5s

Carrion
Level 10

crowbro

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 28, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »

A game about nothing.

Pookaball
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 30, 2013, 08:11:57 AM »

I have an idea!
The setting is a Sci-Fi world where everything is different from our planet and everything is run with science, mostly cybernetics. And EVERYTHING is automated, leaving people little or no job to do.
And, the Music! It's all electronic, even the "rock" and "pop"! It's artifical, not right, every "note" is wrong because it's computer generated, and you play the role of a musical rebel, who must compose (or help people compose) classical music with some ancient instruments. Once you make all the people on planet get used to classical music, you win.
This game might be pretty much like "Liberal Crime Squad"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 08:17:49 AM by Pookaball » Logged
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

Replacing my last confused post with a more cemented one. Virtual pet meets psychological horror. Take care of your not-a-tamagotchi critter by giving it anything it might need. Food will keep it full, with different kinds of food balancing its health and its happiness, toys and exercise give him something to do, and of course, it needs cleaning up if you don't like crap on the floor. Oh yeah, and don't let the shadow monsters and wraiths of lost memories kill your lil' guy either.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1564 on: April 17, 2013, 07:21:02 AM »

Glorious: Companions is a turn-based multi-player strategy game set in an original and innovative fantasy world called Navaroth, which is engulfed with conflict involving all nations.
You take command over troops belonging to one of the nine different factions. Each has its own engaging story, varied types of units, specific tactics and unique equipment awaiting for yer loyal warriors.
The possibility of customizing items and skills for all your units as they level up in battles along with complex strategy system creates infinite number of paths to victory.
Glorious: Companions features advanced system of competitive online gaming in which you will be able to prove the effectiveness of your strategy and dominate other players on the battlefield climbing your way to the top of the ladder.
Additionaly we offer you instant single player short quests to play when you're tired of real players and just want to destroy some AI controlled monsters hiding in forests and dungeons of Navaroth and possibly also an addicting and heroic single-player campaign revolving around vicious reality of Navaroth.

whatcha think?

I also need a short, about 2 sentences brief description but couldn't come up with anything good yet

edit (TeeGee helped me a lil bit  Grin):
Glorious: Companions is a turn-based multi-player strategy set in the conflict-torn world of Navaroth.
You take command over troops belonging to one of the nine different factions. Each has its own engaging story, varied types of  units, specific tactics, and unique equipment awaiting for your loyal warriors.
Customize your units' skills as they level up to discover infinite roads to victory in the game's complex strategy system.
Glorious: Companions features a competitive system of online gaming in which you will be able to prove the effectiveness of your  strategy and dominate other players on the battlefield climbing your way to the top of the ladder.
Enjoy instant single player quests, explore dark forests and dungeons, and discover the epic campaign in the vicious reality of  Navaroth.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:13:11 AM by ANtY » Logged

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 17, 2013, 11:02:12 AM »

I had this odd concept for a ten-minute RPG. The main premise is that all of the more popular character races and classes have been licensed by now, so everyone needs to make do with the more obscure and ridiculous ones. Choose from races like squids and cardboard robots, become a powerful fisherman or a garlic sorcerer, and save the world.

I say ten-minute RPG because, let's face it, that's about as long as the joke remains funny.
BattleBeard
Level 6

please touch me

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 19, 2013, 06:41:34 PM »

An world where most characters are animals. Sounds furry, I know, but this presents an interesting array of abilities per species and fits the more cartoony style of the game I am pitching. A independent organization wants to find the fragments of an artifact that was left behind by a person experimenting with time travel. He himself wrote that the artifact, once put together, would create a portal to the core of time where one could edit time itself and change everything, person by person, or solar system by solar system. Your town gets rampaged by the organization while they are searching for it--destroying whatever gets in their way--and are jailed. A year later, you manage to escape, with unique weapons such as a "staple gun" or items like a "scary mask" to fight against an army.

It's a top-down shooter. You're a bat.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 30, 2013, 10:22:09 AM »

A game where the primary weapon is the coins you collect. You can toss them individually at enemies Yoshi's Island style at first, then you learn new, more powerful skills, like razor sharp dollar bills, or money bag grenades. Obviously, stronger attacks will use more money.

I imagine the main character would be something like a dashing Robin Hood style bloke, stealing from the rich and then using the stolen goods to blast them out of their gold-plated sky yachts.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1568 on: April 30, 2013, 11:03:22 AM »

Doesn't sound very interesting unless you have the player choose between using the money as a weapon or spending it on non-money related items to use.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 30, 2013, 12:32:52 PM »

Doesn't sound very interesting unless you have the player choose between using the money as a weapon or spending it on non-money related items to use.
Sounds good to me. What would those include, health upgrades and such?
rosholger
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 01, 2013, 01:44:33 AM »

maybe you have to buy stronger technics?
Chromanoid
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 02, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »

I like games that focus on one resource.

Your idea reminds me of
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1572 on: May 06, 2013, 08:03:21 AM »

So, I had a weird thought regarding talking swords. And talking armor, and any other game or movie or anything with equipment that talks.

An RPG with randomly generated pieces of equipment and weapons that can all talk. Their stats and secondary skills are all randomized, but their personalities are too. Equipping two particular pieces can give special combat boosts or penalties, depending on how well they like each other.

Example: play a paladin with poison-resistant attention-obsessed heavy armor and a magic-boosting tsundere fire sword.

Take the next logical step and make them swappable characters in a team rather than pieces of equipment.

But thats not the idea.

vids
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1573 on: May 08, 2013, 03:01:54 PM »

Take any JRPG, the overworld becomes Temple-Run, combat sequences turn into Fruit Ninja and other events are represented by small games like Find the Hidden Object etc.

You glue these scenes together with some dialogue (with little player choice) and tell an interesting story. Then, you break the fourth wall and ask the player what they got out of collecting coins for the past couple of hours.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1574 on: May 08, 2013, 04:14:11 PM »

Why not do that after unlocking everything in Wario Ware? Durr...?
vids
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1575 on: May 08, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »

All I'm asking for is a couple of lines of text between one-two minute stretches of what players understand as 'addictive' gameplay on mobile platforms. I've pitched this to some people and they don't think it's that great, players don't want to wade through text, not even one or two lines apparently.

I just want to make this small experience which could leave players thinking about what they come for, give them something to munch on you know? Do you think this is a good idea, at all?

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 08, 2013, 09:36:52 PM »

A jrpg wario ware style might damn interesting, move around the world, random mini game! I miss the random "actual" encounter ie not just battle but random "you find a treasure", "you meet a caravan", "you meat some elf", "you meet a caravan", "you meet a shop"

vids
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1577 on: May 08, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »

You think it would be worth it? I mean, would people like to play something like this, would you? Could this kind of a game hold players long enough for me to tell a short story?

This is what it looks like right now.

(Placeholder art)

I've got a neat parser that reads a storyboard off a lisp file like this:

Code:
(message "Mom - 'Hurry up and get ready for school!'")
(run)
(set $shortcut
       (choice "Jerry - 'Are we taking the shortcut?'" "Sure" "No")
)
(pitfall)
(findobject "params")

I didn't get a positive response from some friends I showed this to.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1578 on: May 09, 2013, 03:11:28 AM »

maybe you have to buy stronger technics?

Ideally the stuff you can buy would all be defensive or escape oriented, while the money-as-weapon is purely offensive based.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 09, 2013, 05:49:24 AM »

You think it would be worth it? I mean, would people like to play something like this, would you? Could this kind of a game hold players long enough for me to tell a short story?

This is what it looks like right now.

(Placeholder art)

I've got a neat parser that reads a storyboard off a lisp file like this:

Code:
(message "Mom - 'Hurry up and get ready for school!'")
(run)
(set $shortcut
       (choice "Jerry - 'Are we taking the shortcut?'" "Sure" "No")
)
(pitfall)
(findobject "params")

I didn't get a positive response from some friends I showed this to.
People respond to graphics. The sudden black screens for text give me the impression that this is going to be an artsy style game, which is both uncommon for smartphone and not the best format for your rpg. Plus it's just an uncomfortable shift. Ideally, do it the way an actual rpg would, with a picture of the person talking and a text box at the bottom of the screen.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic