Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:19:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376514 times)
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1820 on: March 01, 2014, 09:43:11 AM »

a vlambeer clone with a twist: it clones ALL of vlambeer's games in one
possible names: Super Nuclear Ridiculous LUFTRAUSER Fishing KARATE Box Throne

Press X to fish/fire/jump/kick etc. all at once? Durr...?
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1821 on: March 01, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »

well, there are several paths to victory:
A) you use the same controls to play all of their games at the same time which would be insane and impossible, not to mention phenomenally difficult to make as you basically have to make loads of games
B) you make an original game with elements of all of the vlambeer games
i.e. fly your plane into the sea to fish, then shoot the fish down while dodging fire from enemies, if you hit a falling crate your weapon changes
or
fish, but you also have to shoot down planes to stop them killing your fish and crates change your weapon

you probably get the idea, either is pretty insane

So long and thanks for all the pi
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1822 on: March 06, 2014, 12:45:05 AM »

Surgeon Simulator 2013 crossed with Monopoly. Like Tabletop Simulator except with bad controls and it has firearms for when you get frustrated.

idea: surgeon simulator co-op where two people operate at once

idea #2: surgeon simulator but you're an abstract artist

idea #3: uplink but with surgeon simulator controls

idea #4: surgeon simulator, except you have to use a computer to play Surgeon Simulator 2013.

idea #5: minecraft but with hd textures and guns

Have you played Wolfire's Desperate Gods? Here is a link: http://www.wolfire.com/desperate-gods
You control the pieces on the board with your cursor and nothing snaps to a grid. Makes online lobbies like russian roulette. You never know if someone will flip the table and quit.

jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1823 on: March 06, 2014, 12:47:06 AM »

well, there are several paths to victory:
A) you use the same controls to play all of their games at the same time which would be insane and impossible, not to mention phenomenally difficult to make as you basically have to make loads of games
B) you make an original game with elements of all of the vlambeer games
i.e. fly your plane into the sea to fish, then shoot the fish down while dodging fire from enemies, if you hit a falling crate your weapon changes
or
fish, but you also have to shoot down planes to stop them killing your fish and crates change your weapon

you probably get the idea, either is pretty insane

I really love the idea of playing every vlambeer game simultaneously. Would be interesting to see how competitive players would work it in order to get the highest score. Assuming the scoring system is tied between all of them and that the game only ends when you die in every game.

RainWorldIsAwesome
Level 0

Rain

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 19, 2014, 05:41:58 AM »

A game where you play as a medieval prisoner who is visited by a time traveler from the future that gives him steroids, the whole game is about you escaping by using the ball and chain attached to your leg as a weapon for some brutal gory slaying game. But not only that because just action is kinda boring so you'd have to make decisions like letting other prisoners escape and not killing everyone you see, because once you escape you somehow die and go to heaven were god looks over all the people you've killed and such and judge wether or not you should go to heaven. Levels would be procedurally generated with tons of equip able items and accessories. There would be a maze puzzle aspect as well in order to escape the prison. There also wouldn't be a minimap.

It's just a jumble of ideas right now and I'm not a programmer nor an artist so when I find someone who can do it for me that would be a dream come true for me because it would be a game that combines everything I like in games, puzzles customizing your guy, brutal gory action, and moral decisions.

Definetly not a one line but yeah.  Beg

Felius Limax
Venator Lacertae
brettchalupa
« Reply #1825 on: March 21, 2014, 08:50:16 AM »

A 2D side scrolling wave based (horde mode) game.

Fight through the waves of enemies until you reach the final wave. Unlock different weapons, characters, maps and upgrades as you progress.
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1826 on: March 30, 2014, 08:04:56 AM »

A platform jumper where you play a parasitic alien trying to get to its space ship. Your base form is very slow, doesn't jump that high, and is easily captured and eaten by the native lifeforms on the planet. Getting eaten allows you to take control of the creature that eats it. If the you get eaten while in a creature you still take control of the creature that eats you. Every creature will have different movement characteristics, and parts of the level will only be accessible if the player is inhabiting a certain creature.

The challenge will be to navigate the level as a creature that can access the part of the level with the space ship while avoiding its predators. Mastering the controls and abilities of the different creatures will be important to accomplish this goal.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
sam_suite
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1827 on: March 30, 2014, 08:17:39 AM »

That sounds a lot like Nitrome's Parasite (which is awesome).

Here's an idea I had for a game that I want to exist but don't want to have to make:
A VR exclusive in which you play as a guy with cerebral palsy going on a road trip. It will be the most immersive game of all time. Hear me out.

You spend all of your time in a wheelchair (similar to how you're playing the game sitting down in real life, and not actually moving your legs).

A microphone and headphones will be required, and the game will include a voice jammer, so you have a hard time talking and no one in the game can really understand you.

You can communicate by nodding or shaking your head, motions which will be tracked by the VR headset.

Go on an awesome road trip with your bros, meeting cool people and having crazy adventures.

frickin genius, am i right?

zombieonion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 30, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »

Actually, you just gave me an idea:

A five-person multi-PC game where each person controls a separate part of the giant robot. Two arms, two legs, and I'll form the head. The head determines what each person can see, and the limbs do the giant monster combat. Kinda like Artemis meets Octodad in terms of gameplay, with the setting of Voltron.
I just wanna say I find it hilarious that this concept was made into an actual part of Octodad with co-op mode.

Me and a bunch of associates are doing something similar during a gamejam.
indie11
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 30, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »

a fast paced platformer where you shrink your character to go pass different obstacles(pipes etc) where your normal sized character can't go. There will be levels where the player will have to quick-switch between forms.

Thats what I got for a platformer I am making, anyone would like to add anything?

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: March 31, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »

a fast paced platformer where you shrink your character to go pass different obstacles(pipes etc) where your normal sized character can't go. There will be levels where the player will have to quick-switch between forms.

Thats what I got for a platformer I am making, anyone would like to add anything?
So, Specter Spelunker Shrinks basically?
indie11
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: March 31, 2014, 07:02:39 PM »

So, Specter Spelunker Shrinks basically?

Just played that game, aah! gotta think of another idea  Gomez

EDIT: 1GAM theme for april is Water, a platformer with all three states of water (solid,liquid,gas) are used to complete puzzles and levels, nah not that good
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:55:31 PM by indie11 » Logged

8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1832 on: April 02, 2014, 07:53:39 AM »

A game where you eavesdrop and snap candid photos to expose somebody's secret and blackmail them for it.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1833 on: April 02, 2014, 07:54:09 AM »

A game where you eavesdrop and snap candid photos to expose somebody's secret and blackmail them for it.

who hurt you

joseph ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:06 AM »

you do that in gta5 and it's gross

ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1835 on: April 02, 2014, 10:00:24 AM »

A game inspired by Megaman X, Costume Quest and comic books. Play as an average kid armed with an ordinary weapon at first (slingshot, squirt gun, etc) and take on 6-8 super-villains.
Similar to Megaman, defeat a boss, and you gain their suit/costume, which gives you their special power to use in future levels. Choose the order in which you face the villains. Some super villains are weaker to other villain's powers, and some terrain in the various levels can be destroyed by certain powers, revealing secrets.

I guess the uniqueness would come from the powers, the various super-villains, and the modern day setting. Regardless, as I reread this, I feel its too similar to Megaman, but figured I'd share anyway.

As far as actual mechanics go, it could either be a 2D platformer, or even a 2D Zeldalike view, to avoid the Megaman comparisons.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:25:23 AM by ericmbernier » Logged

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #1836 on: April 02, 2014, 10:19:10 AM »

fast simultaneous turn based multiplayer versus topdown rougelike - player/monster turns play out against a beat/timer choose your action before the timer goes off.
8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1837 on: April 02, 2014, 06:13:35 PM »

who hurt you

daddy never loved me T^T
zombieonion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: April 04, 2014, 04:39:06 PM »

Can just as well be a game about espionage. Selling your services as a private eye to the highest bidder. Like Hitman, minus the killing.
Complete_zero
Level 0

Don't kill me, living has become sort of a hobby.

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: April 05, 2014, 07:22:59 AM »

A puzzle based platform game where you must free the all of the colors in the rainbow, to bring their respective color back to the world you are in. Each color has different abilities, and every time you free a color, their color is added to previous levels.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic