Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:10:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376530 times)
RiskySafe
« Reply #1840 on: April 20, 2014, 11:19:58 AM »

A 2D platformer where you play as an alien stranded on a planet that's so boring that everything representing colourful items are grey-scaled. You meet a series of grey sister siblings that you try to turn into interesting colourful beings by collecting 4x items all representing a main CMYK colour.
snowyowl
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: April 29, 2014, 04:38:16 AM »

You alone can tell the difference between the crowds of innocent bystanders and the handful of alien shapeshifters who've infiltrated them. Manipulate people to get the aliens alone with you, so you can kill them out of the sight of well-meaning vigilantes who might get the wrong impression.

Or go on a maniacal killing spree across the map, that would also work.
Spoon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 04, 2014, 06:29:02 AM »

A game in which you are a sim car, gifted with intelligence, whose purpose is to be transfered in evolved phones. You're using the phone's parameters, inputs and outputs, to reach your aim.

By the way, it's my first message on the forum, so hey, Hi :-) !
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:38:19 AM by Spoon » Logged
sam_suite
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1843 on: May 04, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »

ohhh, a sim CARD.
I thought you meant you were like a simulation of an automobile and was confused.
That makes more sense.

Spoon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: May 05, 2014, 08:11:52 AM »

Oups sorry ! Yes I meant a Sim Card, thanks ^^
RiskySafe
« Reply #1845 on: May 05, 2014, 10:29:50 AM »

Oups sorry ! Yes I meant a Sim Card, thanks ^^

I vote for Sim Car! and welcome Smiley
sam_suite
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1846 on: May 05, 2014, 05:56:29 PM »

Yeah, that would actually be really cool, though. Drivin' around through phones, racing other sim cars to the operator or something. You could like play the game as you were talking on the phone, and it would make racetracks for you out of the audio data, Audiosurf-style.
or maybe you control the car by speaking on the phone, like a crazy party game.

Here how it would work:
You know how in Rockband you can control the lyrics arrow by singing at certain pitches? What if you get in a big group and each have to call someone candidly, then steer a car by pitching your voice up and down, racing against your friends. At the same time, you have to actually keep up a conversation, because if the other person hangs up, it's game over.

So that basically has absolutely nothing to do with your idea... but I still want to play it.

The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:02 PM »

A comedy point-and-click game with a semi-omniscient narrator who hates everything about the game, the point and click genre, and the UI, with the gameplay usually consisting of fourth-wall-breaking moments (I.E. "This room is very, very dark. You're going to have to find a torch. Yes. Definitely need a torch. No way to get past without one. There aren't any brightness settings in the options menu. Nope. Not being sarcastic. Not at all. Seriously. No way to continue without a torch, especially using the brightness menu. Oh. Are you ignoring me? Wait, are you ignoring me, or is the volume muted? CAN YOU HEAR ME? Huh. No response. That means you can't hear me. Unless you don't have a mic. Wait. Does this game support mics? Uh, how should I tell you to turn on the volume? Turn on the volume. I probably wasn't loud enough, I'd better shout. TURN ON THE VOLUME SO YOU CAN HEAR ME! Oh. I guess shouting won't help- if the volume's on you can't hear me."

An FPS game designed from the ground up to be played primarily using projectile weapons, with a health system based on the SSBB games (if you get knocked into specific parts of the map, you lose).

A game about abusing glitches to complete the game in the wrong order, with the wrong items, faster than normal.

A game where you control a sawblade. Yes. A sawblade platformer. I said that.

If anyone wants to make these, contact me- I am definitely interested in cooperating to make these. It's too bad my pixel art and specific game design details are bad or I'd try making them myself.

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1848 on: May 10, 2014, 12:34:05 PM »

a game where you are an evolved potato or another vegetable who has to avoid being eaten by its owners for long enough to kill them and take over their bodies
you have to like roll around to try and make them pick the other potatoes to boil
and at night you sneak around the house ordering more vegetables online and preparing for your attempt on their lives

also on my vlambeer idea i was inspired by this:
link

So long and thanks for all the pi
Spoon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: May 11, 2014, 11:10:35 AM »

@sSuite : it's a hell of a idea !!!!!

I just created a topic about the game of the Sim Card.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40574.0

If you have anything to say (tips, ideas, feedbacks...), please do. I'm all ears  Smiley
CogentInvalid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 12, 2014, 09:05:51 PM »

A difficult FPS where the game's timescale adjusts based on your movement speed. So standing completely still makes everything around you slow to a crawl.

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1851 on: May 12, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »

^ Have you heard of superhot?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 13, 2014, 02:49:10 AM »

An FPS with shields that block all damage always accessible but taking 2 seconds of not shooting to activate.

jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 13, 2014, 04:17:27 AM »

An FPS with shields that block all damage always accessible but taking 2 seconds of not shooting to activate.

So in team play you assign a couple of players to run through the middle of firefights and catch bullets?  Smiley

Edit: More seriously, you need some mechanic to balance it out or it's a terrible idea. You'd just end up with everyone running around shielded and no-one would want to shoot because they would be exposing themselves with no possibility of killing anyone else.

So...throwing out some wild ideas...

Maybe something like the slowshields in Rats, Bats and Vats, where you could get up close and interpenetrate your shields and knife them (or shoot a bullet inside their shield so it bounces around inside and kills them)? Or maybe the shields only activate when they need to block damage, and two interpenetrating active shields explode, so it's a death sentence to stand too close together?

But I think it would be better if you had a long-distance way to nullify it, or some ongoing cost of using it. Hmm...Maybe it only works if you're running, so if you slow down when going up slopes or stairs you lose it? And you could have platforming challenges where it's difficult to do it at a run...?

I dunno. I'm sure you could find some interesting way to balance it out.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:37:58 AM by jgrams » Logged
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 13, 2014, 04:24:43 AM »

This forces a nice separation between attack and defense, and forces the firefight to take "breaks" at regular intervals.

There has to be a consequence to using the shield, like you cannot shoot while using it.
jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 13, 2014, 05:15:58 AM »

Gah. I have this idea stuck in my head now.

What if the shield had a use-it-or-lose-it mechanic?

So if you have it activated, then when you stop shooting for one second, it takes another second to sputter to life (could have some fun with the graphics here). But it only lasts maybe five seconds...unless you get shot. Then it uses the energy from the shot to recharge. Once it shuts off, then you have maybe a ten-second cooldown before you can use it again?

Also it could be a spherical force shield, so you might not want it on. Your teammates have to walk around you, maybe you can't fit through normal-sized doorways. Maybe if you try to go on stairs you just roll down to the bottom and have trouble stopping?

I bet that would make for some fun gameplay.
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 13, 2014, 05:34:01 AM »

Too complicated.

Just have a meter. When you shoot you charge the meter. When you use the shield you deplete the meter. When the meter is empty you cannot use the shield.
jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 13, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »

Huh. I don't think it's all that complicated. And just having a charge/discharge meter and a shield you can activate seems kind of boring to me. I like the idea of having a shield which you don't control directly, but which turns on/off according to your actions.

But maybe it's just me. Hmm. I wonder how long it would take to bang together a top-down 2D shooter prototype to try it out? Probably too long... Wink
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 13, 2014, 11:24:19 AM »

My suggestion offers the most diversity in play. The excitement should come from how the mechanic can be manipulated by the player. Tactical variety is what makes shooters interesting. That also happens to be the core strength of the original suggestion.

Wow factor is less important. If you want additional mechanics then by all means add those too. But solving the original problem of balance - i.e. too much shield use - is best done by a design decision that does only that. If you solve one problem by adding a new one you won't be able to tweak things the way you want. This kind of situation is known as domino-dependency.

Layer on your complexity. Don't try to do everything at once. Otherwise you just get a mess.

Though your thought-process was stimulating.

Of course if you are interested in your own ideas more than the original one, then by all means whatever you want is the right choice.
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1859 on: May 13, 2014, 11:34:32 AM »

Four player co-op in a city filled with civilians. Two players are zombies who infect the civilians and build a horde with the goal of killing the human players. Human players can control civilians to protect them and in hl2-style squads, and have to kill the zombie players as their goal.

So long and thanks for all the pi
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic