Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:03:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376563 times)
jgrams
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 23, 2014, 04:20:30 AM »

Claim Jumper: An outer-space grappling-hook platformer where you run, leap, and swing your way through the asteroid belt to terrorize asteroid miners and relieve them of precious minerals while staying one jump ahead of the vigilantes.

And BTW, Wikipedia says that "Drugwars was originally a DOS program created by John E. Dell in 1984."
Gatlink
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 23, 2014, 05:04:18 AM »

I have a thing on my mind lately. It's a game set in a cyberpunk universe. exclusively co-op.

In short, one player plays as an operative sent inside a corporation lab to get stuff, while the other player plays a hacker who try to circumvent the securities of the building to help his mate.

The operative plays like a splinter cell or a Metal Gear Solid character: third person, based principally on stealth but can grab weapons and empty some clips if necessary.

The hacker has an interface which resemble one of a classic movie hacker desktop: some windows (maybe a view from a camera he hacked for example), a console in which he can type commands, and a map of the building.

The goal here is that both players need the other one to advance. The hacker will disable cameras and warn the operative when guards come near, while the operative will place bugs to give access to more stuff to the hacker, and will destroy servers hosting security software (ICE).
8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: July 11, 2014, 07:06:15 PM »

I want to theme a game around zany Asian game shows and spoofs of them, but I'm afraid of people thinking its racist. I'm thinking mXc and Ninja Warrior kind of stuff. But I'm a white American dude. Does anyone think there is there a way to pull this off without offending people? The idea is that you as the contestant don't understand what anyone else is saying or what exactly your goals are. If I'm going to have jokes that revolve around that conceit, is that racist? Am I racist because I laugh at shit I don't understand?
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: July 11, 2014, 07:31:28 PM »

Nah I think Japan thrives on making their TV weird. Also I'm just posting in case anyone reading that hasn't seen this: https://screen.yahoo.com/japanese-game-show-000000729.html, which would be an amazing video game. If you feel it's too extreme, watch some real shows and keep it a parody, rather than a mockery.

The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 11, 2014, 08:11:52 PM »

An FPS with time travel. You die, a future self comes to save you. But if they don't save you (i.e. you don't save your past self), paradox. And whenever your future self (you) comes to save you (your past self), your enemie's future self (your enemy) comes back too.
So basically, a round based FPS where your past self is a VIP and if they die you lose.
Should make for some confusing gameplay.  Addicted

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 16, 2014, 12:18:06 PM »

Ping
Pong, but you've only got sonar to see the location of the ball and opponent.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Kingel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1886 on: July 16, 2014, 01:26:42 PM »

Would probably work pretty well.

Here's ultrasound pong.

The materials are fairly low density, which means there's two echoes per object instead of total reflection. The shadowing from a denser material would probably look a bit cooler and less ambiguous.

Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1887 on: July 18, 2014, 12:14:51 PM »

I have a thing on my mind lately. It's a game set in a cyberpunk universe. exclusively co-op.

In short, one player plays as an operative sent inside a corporation lab to get stuff, while the other player plays a hacker who try to circumvent the securities of the building to help his mate.

The operative plays like a splinter cell or a Metal Gear Solid character: third person, based principally on stealth but can grab weapons and empty some clips if necessary.

The hacker has an interface which resemble one of a classic movie hacker desktop: some windows (maybe a view from a camera he hacked for example), a console in which he can type commands, and a map of the building.

The goal here is that both players need the other one to advance. The hacker will disable cameras and warn the operative when guards come near, while the operative will place bugs to give access to more stuff to the hacker, and will destroy servers hosting security software (ICE).

shit... I have literally exactly the same idea in the works at the moment!
The example I thought of was National Treasure if you've seen it - one person disables cameras and open doors from a van parked nearby while the other breaks in, then he runs out with the object and they both get away asap

Since my initial idea i've iterated and I think i'm going to just make it about a single agent, sort of a cross between Quadrilateral Cowboy and Gunpoint.
I'm basically making a more complex gunpoint as a prototype, with computer systems and stuff
Might never happen but it's a fun idea Smiley

So long and thanks for all the pi
RidiculousJohn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 19, 2014, 09:48:11 PM »

Might as well pitch an Idea I have been tinkering about.

Ok, so mechanically it is a beat em up in vain of zelda dungeon crawling, go to room, clear it out and then go to another. You will control two character (controller most likely needed) chain together. Using one controller with duel sticks to control those two characters. Pressing directions on the d pad or buttons to switch their modes. Attack mode will constantly attack but leave you vulnerable. Shield blocks but makes you slow. Run is good for evading. Boosting is good for helping others. If you get hurt you lose a chain link, thus lessening the space you can keep away from your buddy. Another important mechanic is that you must use the limbs of fallen enemies to gain abilities as without them you are just a spirit! Think borderlands in that sense. Each lever is just a small sized dungeon as I want to keep a fast pace! You must find keys to open the door to the next level of this spiritual prison. One key is always held by a mini boss that often requires you finding the right abilities to beat! Enemies will spawn like zelda as you enter a room but are effected by holes found throughout the stage, if you plug them with items gained through battle enemies will lessen in power and amount! Meat will also fall from the corpse you slay and will be used to open doors to rarity and challenges.

The story is that you are a forsaken soul chained to another in the darkness void. The invasion of a army of light causes chaos and bodies of beast fall in your prison allowing access to breaking out. You must stride up the tower to reach back to the land of the living!

This is just super early idea but I am curious to start tinkering in Unity 3d.
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 25, 2014, 05:28:49 AM »

A puzzle game about playing the game in reverse. You would have to control everything backwards, (optionally) pressing LEFT to go RIGHT and RIGHT to go LEFT because time is reversed, and pressing the jump button when you want to stop jumping. If you did anything impossible, it would cause a paradox and reload the game. You would have a gun and pressing fire would create your bullets at the furthest position from where you are coming towards you, and you would have to catch them before they are destroyed or it would cause a paradox. You could "jump" an infinite distance as long as you timed your "fall" correctly, because you would *really* just be falling. There could be any sort of puzzle that a normal puzzle platformer has, but in reverse. Puzzles where you shoot switches? You could shoot THROUGH the door if it's closed because it would open when you shoot, but trying to shoot through an open door in a way that would close it would cause a paradox unless you could reverse-reflect your bullet back to yourself. ENEMIES would have to be brought back to life using the right series of actions so that there isn't one that appears in your way but you can also use them to block your shots if they're dead. If they're alive it would cause a paradox. In boss battles it would be more about only dodging shots that shouldn't hit and catching your own bullets than actual dodging and shooting.  I would love to make it one day but it's really complicated as I'm sure you can tell. For an idea of what it would look like (without the puzzle mechanics), watch this video:

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: August 02, 2014, 04:27:03 AM »

Horde-climb
Tower-climb + horde survival. Enemy corpses stack up as platforms to assist climbing.

Snake Pong
Snake + Pong. Grow with score.

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: August 20, 2014, 01:54:41 PM »

Break Invaders
Breakout + Space Invaders. Earth is being invaded but you are low on ammo so need to reuse your bullets. (I'd be surprised if this hasn't been done before.)

Chianese
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: August 28, 2014, 06:23:04 AM »

this is thematically kind of a riff off the operative/hacker ideas earlier on the thread, but gameplay-wise, I think it's something else:

A co-op adventure game set in the 70s during the cold war, where one player is a field agent and the other is his/her handler. They never communicate directly, only via encoded messages, dead letter drops and other forms of clandestine communique.

The game takes place over the duration of a single week during a crisis, and each day is a "turn". The game moves to the next day when both players have finished their day. Both players independently play their sections and during the day make choices that will affect the other player during the next day. The thing is, neither player can trust the other player.

The handler is a low-level intelligence operative, so his main goal is to gain power in the organisation. To do that, he might need to sacrifice his field agent. At the same time, the field agent might have more lucrative options for example, or a chance to defect, or somehow to betray the organisation for personal gain etc.

So to deal with the crisis, the players need to work together, but at the same time their own agendas might not be compatible and there could (and probably will) be backstabbing.

---

So there. Very Le Carre/Sandbaggers, not so much James Bond. I originally thought of this idea as a more traditional singleplayer adventure game, where you'd switch between the handler and the operative, but I reckon this might be more interesting.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:37:08 AM by Chianese » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1893 on: September 03, 2014, 01:30:44 PM »

Inspired somewhat by Attack on Titan, a multiplayer roguelike esque game where you form part of a monster slaying corps, where you get assigned to different operations against such monsters, except most of the monsters have the capactiy of one hit kill you if you are not careful enough, and there is permadeath. You would have enough parkour esque abilities, and the combat system would be similar to monster climbing action puzzle of shadow of the colossus and dragons dogma.

Mission structure could be like either reach a given location and acquire enough intel while either avoiding and or murdering such monsters (both are risky enough in their own ways), defending settlements and such. Harder missions are played during the night, where vision is brutally limited by pitch darkness, and/or bad weather, where such environment conditions complicate maneuvering and even health conditions.

Since there is a really high risk of death, I wouldn't invest much in character customization perse, maybe only in rank regarding how many operations a given character has survived, and maybe special items and such based on global account win:loss ratio.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 05, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

Mining the ground and asteroids has been done to death. Yawn

The next frontier in simulated resource collection is gas giants! Design and build airships, floating habitats, gas harvesters, winged flyers, refineries, sub-orbital haulers, and perimeter beacons. Hire a crew and stake your claim – then defend it. In addition to the usual resource management, players will have to deal with variable atmospheric pressure, gravity, radiation, weather systems, bouyancy, aerodynamics, and a dynamic environment that's constantly shifting in three dimensions.

I see it as a combination of construction-oriented games like Space Engineers and colony-building sim-lites such as Rimworld or Gnomoria.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 09, 2014, 08:40:08 PM »

In the future, an evil scientist has used his knowledge of technology and dark magic to create the 12 greatest assassins in the world, and wants to use them to destroy the earth. Fortunately, the planetary government has found a way to stop this threat: they've hired the 12 greatest assassins in the world. And yes, the joke is that they don't get the connection.

Gameplay is similar to Smash Bros, with the platform-based fighting, but the levels are fully destructible, with both regular destruction and scripted events. Think Smash, but with levels out of

8Points
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1896 on: September 19, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »

Inspired somewhat by Attack on Titan, a multiplayer roguelike esque game where you form part of a monster slaying corps, where you get assigned to different operations against such monsters, except most of the monsters have the capactiy of one hit kill you if you are not careful enough, and there is permadeath. You would have enough parkour esque abilities, and the combat system would be similar to monster climbing action puzzle of shadow of the colossus and dragons dogma.

Mission structure could be like either reach a given location and acquire enough intel while either avoiding and or murdering such monsters (both are risky enough in their own ways), defending settlements and such. Harder missions are played during the night, where vision is brutally limited by pitch darkness, and/or bad weather, where such environment conditions complicate maneuvering and even health conditions.

Since there is a really high risk of death, I wouldn't invest much in character customization perse, maybe only in rank regarding how many operations a given character has survived, and maybe special items and such based on global account win:loss ratio.

That sounds kinda like what Shadow of the Colossus almost was - or at least the group of people working together to take down a giant monster.

I hate attack on Titan, but this is a great idea.
He-Who-Develops-Games
« Reply #1897 on: September 21, 2014, 08:06:52 PM »

A stealth game in which you play as a teenager trying to get a midnight snack without waking his parents or siblings.
Kytin
Level 0

Just hatched

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1898 on: September 21, 2014, 08:46:46 PM »

My current project is a 2D Adventure Platformer where you play as a newly hatched dragon. It's a story driven game with a focus on telling the narrative through the gameplay. As you explore the world you have to learn how to fly and breathe fire while figuring out the world around you.

Dragon's Wake - Devlog
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 23, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »

A gardening/tower defense game where you grow and cross-pollinate different fruit plants, then cut them down and fashion the plants into weapons and turrets, and the fruits and seeds into ammo.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic