Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:20:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 375887 times)
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 26, 2014, 05:04:39 AM »

Super Old Testament Fighter - Tournament Edition

A tournament fighting game where the playable characters are figures from the Bible. Although the game is intended to be humorous, the tone in-game would be a deadly-serious Mortal Kombat sort of vibe.

Character Roster:

-Samson, a brawny grappler. Special move: Beat opponent with the jawbone of an ass.
-Goliath, a large zoning character who uses a giant spear and shield to keep opponents at bay.
-David, a ranged zoning character who controls the battlefield with sling bullets
-Solomon the Wise, an all-rounder with some utility moves in which he summons the djinns and efreets he commands. Special move: Splits opponent in two, and each woman shall receive half.
-Ehud, the left-handed, a quick assassin character who fights using close-range attacks and relies on maneuverability to avoid harm. Special move: Stabs opponent in the belly, dagger gets stuck

...and many more. Obviously everyone is going to want to have a Moses vs. Satan grudge match, for example.
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1901 on: September 30, 2014, 08:56:52 AM »

Adult Swim did something like this called "Bible Fight"

http://games.adultswim.com/bible-fight-action-online-game.html

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Low_Chance
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 02, 2014, 05:39:06 AM »

Adult Swim did something like this called "Bible Fight"

http://games.adultswim.com/bible-fight-action-online-game.html

Aw man! Beaten to the punch.

Well, I guess I'd better get a lawyer and sue them for infringement of my vague idea. Thanks for the tip. Smiley
dlarocque91
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 05, 2014, 05:54:17 AM »

A stealth game in which you play as a teenager trying to get a midnight snack without waking his parents or siblings.

How about the teen sneaks out of bed while his parents are having a late night party?
zombieonion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 11, 2014, 05:58:31 PM »

X-Com meets the Sims
Manage your soldiers in battle, allow them to fullfill their life goals and ambitions.
Also relationships on-base carry over into battles.
charactory
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: November 02, 2014, 06:26:51 AM »

Here's a thought or two that's been buzzing in my head for at least a month:

The majority of popular word games  (word search, Scrabbble, Hangman, Boggle) are not really 'word' games, but more like 'letter' games: the basic unit of interaction is the letter, moving or adding or removing in order to achieve the goal of producing a word, the meaning of which is unimportant.

I envision a word game where semantics actually matter. More specifically, a game about composing poetry, where a player is given a set amount of words, each of them having their own special properties which interact with other words when used appropriately; in this world we would call this figures of speech, or rhetoric. There is a limited number of 'actions' to take which may be: adding a word, 'linking' it to another concept or word, or modifying its meaning. All of this is expected to take place in a fantasy world, where composing poems has an effect on the environment, and referring to previous poetry allows one to build upon a common theme or motif. It would be possible to fail in that one might inadvertently create a cliche through overuse, or if one is clever enough, subvert it instead and continue layering meaning upon meaning on the idea.

The game is a palimpsest.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1906 on: November 15, 2014, 01:56:08 PM »

low chance, you should name your game testament tournament. and lmao at the description of solomon's special. will 2 women actually show up to take the halves?

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Fetus Commander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 15, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »

what about a fighting game where you actually scream the names of your moves at the TV and that executes them?  (does this exist?  if not will someone please make it  Cheesy )
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1908 on: November 15, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »

you should make it.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 15, 2014, 05:10:14 PM »

I can imagine walking past a bar and hearing two people both shouting at the top of their lungs...
"Hadouken!"

Super Shout Fighter IV.

Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1910 on: November 16, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »

I imagine somebody may have at least attempted it, but I don't think it has even gotten anywhere in practice (and then there's the issue of speech recognition working properly...). But hey, I could see somebody trying to get this on some arcade machine in Japan =P (at least arcades are much more welcoming to unusual controls)
Savick
« Reply #1911 on: November 18, 2014, 07:28:42 AM »

While on vacation a hotblooded dragon has his treasure hoard stolen by an evil princess and her army of thieves. Soar through the air in horizontal shmup stages and then land on floating islands for exploration based platforming. The goal is to get your treasures back, which in turn, give you powers to unlock new parts of different stages. It would be a 2D hand drawn metroidvania that has shmup sections between ground based levels.
Character concept:
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1912 on: November 18, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »

That sounds incredible.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 19, 2014, 01:48:41 PM »

I dreamt this last night:

It looks and handles like any 3D golf game already on the market, except it's head-to-head multiplayer and there's no hole. Instead of getting your ball in a hole, you have to hit your opponent with your ball to kill them.
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1914 on: November 19, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »

So basically a videogame version of a marble game? (and actually theming it around marbles would be probably better too)
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1915 on: November 19, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »

happy gilmore: murder edition

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Fetus Commander
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 19, 2014, 08:25:45 PM »

what i thought immediately too.  that sounds like it'd be amazing fun
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 21, 2014, 12:25:24 PM »

So basically a videogame version of a marble game? (and actually theming it around marbles would be probably better too)

That wouldn't be nearly as bizarre/funny.

what i thought immediately too.  that sounds like it'd be amazing fun

These guys get it.
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1918 on: November 21, 2014, 09:05:18 PM »

That wouldn't be nearly as bizarre/funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jazxSQz0yL4#t=122
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1919 on: November 24, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »

Make that game, rek!

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 107
Print
Jump to: