Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:11:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376683 times)
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1940 on: December 28, 2014, 02:19:59 PM »

yes, please!

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: December 29, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »

I just had this idea for a sort of puzzle-adventure title, with a heavy focus on alternate timeline theory. The main twist is, the three save files in the game are each their own timeline, and you switch between them, trading items, codes and information between them until you manage to achieve at least one timeline where everything works out.

Once you beat the game, you get a New Game Plus where you can take all the knowledge you have and resolve the problems in ten minutes, kinda like in Time Hollow. But then it turns out this was all part of the big evil's overarching plan, he shoots that timeline you dead, and you need to use your remaining save files to out-fuck the mastermind and save the rest of the multiverse.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1942 on: December 29, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »

i am a sucker for time traveling games. make it!

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: December 30, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »

Random Idea #1: A first person procedurally generated maze game that utilizes the Oculus Rift, WITH MONSTERS. 

TinyLabProd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: February 13, 2015, 01:27:55 AM »

Hey guys!
We would like to introduce to you our current gameplay. We would more than happy to hear your opinions, comments, critism, tips...whatever pops in your head. We welcome fresh, new ideas and thoughts Smiley

Our game is turn-base strategy theme game. The action is happening in space and your main task is to defeat your biggest enemy - alliens. In order to do that you will get spacecrafts from small Scout (who is perfect for snooping around in enemy's base) to amazing war machines, who are prepared to make huge mess for your enemy. However, everything is not as easy as you think. You will have to work on your strategy if you want to create undefeatable army or shield up your base. Everything from spacecrafts to laser towers have their own price in resources and population. Population is the number that youb can't change, while on resources you will have to work in order to get them. So in the end of day you will have to come up with a good strategic plan if you want to be able to stand up against alliens and be able to protect your base.

This game is still in development, so many changes are happening here and there. I just described you the main idea. But we wonder what you guys think? Any ideas or suggestions on how we could make this game even more exciting? We would love to hear your opinions on this.

Cheers
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 13, 2015, 01:59:43 PM »

A platform shooter in which you can freeze your own bullets and save the positions of your bullets in the current room and take them into other rooms, allowing you to shoot from places you normally wouldn't be able to.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:46:52 PM by The Translocator » Logged

Kytin
Level 0

Just hatched

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1946 on: February 15, 2015, 04:04:29 PM »

Our game is turn-base strategy theme game. The action is happening in space and your main task is to defeat your biggest enemy - alliens. In order to do that you will get spacecrafts from small Scout (who is perfect for snooping around in enemy's base) to amazing war machines, who are prepared to make huge mess for your enemy. However, everything is not as easy as you think. You will have to work on your strategy if you want to create undefeatable army or shield up your base. Everything from spacecrafts to laser towers have their own price in resources and population. Population is the number that youb can't change, while on resources you will have to work in order to get them. So in the end of day you will have to come up with a good strategic plan if you want to be able to stand up against alliens and be able to protect your base.

To be honest, you could have stopped after the first two sentences there. The rest of the paragraph contains no information that couldn't be assumed from the fact that you called it a turn-based strategy game.
What makes your game unique? Why would someone choose to play your game instead of some other turn based strategy?

Dragon's Wake - Devlog
Kytin
Level 0

Just hatched

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1947 on: February 15, 2015, 04:12:59 PM »

A platform shooter in which you can freeze your own bullets and save the positions of your bullets in the current room and take them into other rooms, allowing you to shoot from places you normally wouldn't be able to.

Potentially interesting. I think the trick will be making the mechanic intuitive enough for players to use easily. Also, I suspect that in order to make best use of the mechanic players will have to rely on forethought and planning more than reflexes, which means it will probably feel more like a puzzle platformer than a platform shooter. Nothing wrong with that though - I'm quite fond of puzzle platformers too.

Dragon's Wake - Devlog
GMOs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 22, 2015, 01:22:45 PM »

Dungeon crawler in the art style of megaman battle network with game play similar to boktai.
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1949 on: February 27, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »

A prehistoric sidescroller/walking simulator in wich you play as a triceratops and just travel in search of food. You encounter some predators, fight raptor packs, fight the mighty t-rex and finally the apocalypse happens. You can dodge some meteors, run from flowing lava, but the never-ending night happens. No more food. You keep walking, and finally starve, alone, in the barren ashes of your world. All of it happening in an approximately 30 minutes playthrough. No replay value, except if you die on the road to... the final death. No platforming fun : elephants can't jump, triceratops were probably very badly designed for that too! Only beautiful parallax landscapes, and the question : what's in the end of that road?

That's so artsy and philosophical.  Gentleman Fortunately, the world will be saved from this stuff, I'm to busy making a SHMUP ! Ahahah.  Durr...?

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1950 on: February 27, 2015, 02:07:33 PM »

An underwater Exploration/Mystery game where the player is a Wreck diving CSI working on a series of mysterious ship sinkings.

The player will have full 3d movement when diving with the ability to pick up certain loose objects in the environment as evidence. Each dive will have a limit of Oxygen and a limit of space in the evidence bag. After the dive the user will be able to review the collected objects for clues as to what happened. Clues will be in the form of text descriptions such as:

This shard of metal came from a ruptured oxygen tank, the logo of BARNES CHEMICAL SUPPLY is clearly visible. The rupture appears to be in a strait line similar to what would be caused by a M87 Shaped Charge.

An in game Wiki will also be available for extra information about possible suspects:

M87 Shaped Charge - Specialty military explosive used for precision demolition of metal structures. Manufactured by ANDERSON DEFENSE. Known buyers in the region include the EGYPTIAN ARMY, ISRAELI DEFENSE FORCE, and IRAN'S REVOLUTIONARY GUARD.

The goal of the game is to correctly accuse the guilty party and present enough evidence to ensure a conviction. Once the player is ready to accuse they pick a name from the list of UPPERCASE names discovered in the investigation. The trial is resolved off screen and the verdict is given to the player in a victory/defeat screen. If the player picked the guilty party and the item's (hidden) evidence value was sufficient a guilty verdict comes back and the player unlocks the next level. If the evidence was not convincing or the wrong party was accused a not guilty verdict is read and the player must repeat the level.

To ensure replay value and prevent players from memorizing clues each wreck will have multiple "stories" each one with different types of evidence that appear at different parts of the ship.

Most objects floating about the game world will not give any useful information, the player will need to be observant for objects that seem out of place or could be potential clues while in the diving mode. Game diffucilty could be determined by how many dives the player is allowed before they must accuse. To keep the game rated PG there will be no rotting half eaten corpses floating about. The wrecked ship's crew is assumed to have abandoned ship successfully.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 04, 2015, 12:54:19 PM »

A 2.5D side perspective Dwarf Fortress knock-off with very basic roughly drawn sprites (vectorized, for zooming in), made to look like a pen or marker drawing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 01:15:59 PM by rek » Logged
xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1952 on: March 12, 2015, 03:19:48 PM »

2D orthogonal action-adventure MMORPG with lore inspired from Celtic and Norse mythology and gameplay inspired by Secret of Mana.

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:17 AM »

I don't know what to make and I'm having idea overload. Sad

Baton Sparks:
Historical fictional 2D point and click adventure game about the Franco-Prussian war and the 1870 siege of Paris. You play as a post office owner/business man. You've sent your family to the countryside before the Prussians arrive and everyday starts with you writing them a letter about the state of Paris and the war.

Your civilian post office has been converted to a military communication headquarters. At the start of the day when you open shop you process civilian mail, it's quite expensive and hard for them to get letters sent. The military hires two brilliant inventors to come up with a better system of mail travel that doesn't rely on telegraph since the Prussians will inevitably sever the wires before they invade leaving the French in a vulnerable position.

You're put in charge of running the headquarters and keeping the two inventors from quarreling with one another as they each have their own ideas. One has the idea for hot air balloon travel, another wants carrier pigeons with microfilm to transport messages. After 66 balloon travels only 2 went missing.

Soon after the invasion starts you begin to see strange notes in your apartment after waking up. They command you to do various things to people and confidential letters that are in your office. They even command you to assassinate by means of tampering with machines.

You begin noticing strange things around the office as you leave for the night. Blood from under doors. Being told to leave early. You can also ignore the notes and sabotage your own intelligence to possibly save lives or restrain the violence. Like Pathologic, the choices you make will affect the outcome of the war and the paths that you can take everyday.

Pathologic meets Monkey Island meets Papers, Please.

Obfuscate:
A 3D open world-ish cyberpunk third person adventure game. Taking place in Prague, the oceans have risen, America is a wasteland. You're a detective for the Prague PD, they keep you on a loose leash. This is humanity's last chapter, a lot of apathy and nihilism.

Anyways, an AI corporation has lost one of their military synthetics. A few weeks later it shows up in a mall loaded with explosives and kills 46 people and injures over 100 more. Since the AI corporation is more powerful than the Prague government they ask you to investigate personally for reasons unknown to you. You head to the morgue and check out the synth girl's body. But things don't exactly add up.

From there you talk to the heads of the AI corporation, turns out the girl is still out there, she just found the same model as her working in a brothel, loaded her with weapons and set her loose. If the public knew she was still out there the company would be in even more trouble. So you're asked to quietly track her down.

And then things start twisting and turning as you expect from a noir cyberpunk story. The closer you get the further away you are. Backhanded dealings at the billion dollar level, gloomy back street bars.

Kind of like Anachronox meets Omnikron. Could also be 2D in a Gemini Rue style but not sure that it would transfer well.

Drone:
3D third person stealth flyer. Semi-future/cyberpunk. You play as a sentient quad copter. You begin in a factory following yourself being built. You then get a tutorial about how to fly and hide from enemies. How you make more noise when flying and that you're specially built to create very little noise. You're being trained for corporate espionage.

Your first mission is to photograph some blueprints in a high level office. At night you fly in from the roof air ducts and make your way around the heavy security. You can employ gadgets like a one time knockout bullet. Or and electrical zap. You can later upgrade your copter and get a tether to move bodies into dark corners.

As the game goes on you learn more about what you're actually doing and you may not be on the right side. There are very large and diverse levels. Sometimes outside whole military bases with plane hangars and other times in very tight office areas. Same goal every time I guess. Get to a place and photograph something. You could also be forced to tether an object all the way to an extraction point without being caught. Etc.

Like Thief meets the aesthetic of Quadrilateral Cowboy.

Space Cowboy Simulator:
3D FPS. You wake up on your state-of-the-art space travel ship. You have to fix the power generator and then have a smoke. You get in the cockpit and your buddy asks you to have some lunch on a space station four-quadrilionths away. You of course accept and away you go speeding through space.

You have a conversation over the traditional ramen meal until your buddy is shot in the head by a sniper. The city goes on lock down. Every goon is out for your blood and you have to make it back to your ship. But then you find out your buddy isn't really dead. It was a double. He set you up!

So you begin tracking him down only to find his ship 20 feet above you by the time you get to the launch pad. But he's left a package, addressed to yours truly. BOOM, you fall from the launch pad and the game ends I guess.

Like a Blendo Games rip-off I guess.

I could just do another art bullshit lowpoly unity game too that references a bunch of obscure movies. Sad
But I suck at 3D it's really slow. And I suck at programming. I can draw decently okay I think.

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 23, 2015, 12:07:51 PM »

Take Me Home:
One button drunk simulator. Contantly wobbling and stubmbling in different directions. Press button to move in direction temporarily facing. Primary mission get home before you pass out or are arrested. Secondary mission urinate and vomit when needed where the cops won't see you.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1955 on: March 23, 2015, 02:40:45 PM »

A prehistoric sidescroller/walking simulator in wich you play as a triceratops and just travel in search of food. You encounter some predators, fight raptor packs, fight the mighty t-rex and finally the apocalypse happens. You can dodge some meteors, run from flowing lava, but the never-ending night happens. No more food. You keep walking, and finally starve, alone, in the barren ashes of your world. All of it happening in an approximately 30 minutes playthrough. No replay value, except if you die on the road to... the final death. No platforming fun : elephants can't jump, triceratops were probably very badly designed for that too! Only beautiful parallax landscapes, and the question : what's in the end of that road?

That's so artsy and philosophical.  Gentleman Fortunately, the world will be saved from this stuff, I'm to busy making a SHMUP ! Ahahah.  Durr...?
I'd love to play this!...if you ever make it, lol

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1956 on: March 23, 2015, 02:49:01 PM »

Armageddon, I like the ideas Obfuscate and Drone the most.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: April 13, 2015, 09:44:38 AM »

a procedurally generated rpg in which you live a normal life from year 3 to 12, gaining experience based upon how you invest your life skills.

Woodledude
Level 0

What does this text field do?

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: April 27, 2015, 12:30:33 AM »

An FPS where lizards with varying forms of locomotion compete to collect ore from the sides of giant, unstable pillars of rock - Without getting mugged.

A first-person view game centered around the idea of living as a creature in an entirely 2-dimensional world, populated with creatures suited to surviving in this kind of environment.

A game where advanced golems try to come to terms with their sapience, and find their place in the world.

These have been knocking around in my head for a while, some more recent than others. There's one other game that's a bit more, ah... Developed (i.e. there's a lot of information behind it that's a bit more nuanced than something I could put in a short blurb), that's in the dead projects thread. I'll still put a synopsis here, though.

A 2d platform arena shooter where you build your own combat robot to control in battle, with destructible parts that each have a specific purpose.

Fledgling game designer. Be prepared for walls of text with little coherency and much rambling. Thank you for your time, and tell me what you think.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1959 on: April 27, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »

Loco Lizards? Lizard-Motive?

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic