Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:14:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 375940 times)
Woodledude
Level 0

What does this text field do?

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: April 28, 2015, 05:04:41 AM »

Loco Lizards? Lizard-Motive?

If you're curious, the working name of the boardgame of the same concept that lies half finished was "Cling". Wink

Fledgling game designer. Be prepared for walls of text with little coherency and much rambling. Thank you for your time, and tell me what you think.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1961 on: April 30, 2015, 04:40:05 AM »

I made a poll with 10 game ideas, please pick the ones you like the most!  Smiley

http://strawpoll.me/4241748

Here they are:
1) eSports Team Manager
2) Whale Mail, a game about delivering letters on the back of a flying whale.
3) Demon Spa: the resort of choice for well-traveled demons
4) You are the manager of a lucha libre wrestler.
5) Errant Merchant, a game about being a travelling merchant in fantasy lands.
6) You are the Grim Reaper and manage killing as a legitimate business.
7) Wizardr, the dating app for lonely wizards. Find your magic match!
Cool You are a guild leader of an MMO organizing raids on Skype
9) Self-made Racoon: a game about becoming the greatest rodent through cunning, murder, betrayal and hard work.
10) A game about being a streamer and running a gaming channel.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: April 30, 2015, 04:45:59 AM »

you should look for wizardchan before making 7) you are in for some surprise
ALSO HOW COME NO MORE ART GAMES  No No NO that's literally your brand lol

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: May 03, 2015, 03:55:26 AM »

Going to make a grid-based open-world snake puzzle game. I had some prototypes of this idea before, but it fell flat due to lack of experience, but it seems doable for me now.

http://www.squidi.net/three/entry.php?id=175

My general implementation of this would be a story-driven adventure where you can tackle areas and obstacles in a variety of ways. You'll have an extra ending if your snake is the largest possible length (meaning collecting all hidden golden fruits), and there is another extra ending for the smallest possible length (which means advanced usage of puzzle mechanics in order to circumvent doing things a certain way)

An extra mechanic is being able to double cross a body part if it's horizontal or vertical, as previous prototypes made it difficult to move if you can't cross your huge snake body at all

Thoughts tigsource?
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1964 on: May 05, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »

I picked number 9.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: May 09, 2015, 04:13:08 PM »

Flimsy Hero: You've fought valiantly through numerous trials and defeated the great warlock at the bottom level of a great dungeon, but it looks like you have a bit of a problem: you forgot to repair your items! Fight your way back up through the dungeon and back into town as the durability of your armor and weapons falls apart and you desperately try to patch what you have before it breaks and leaves you vulnerable to the horrible beasts that lie above.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: May 13, 2015, 04:32:21 AM »

A Metroid-like with huge focus on precise and competent combat. I have been thinking about this one for a while and really want to do it, but it'll take time to do so I don't think I can do this one quite yet.

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1967 on: May 27, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »

A Metroid-like with huge focus on precise and competent combat. I have been thinking about this one for a while and really want to do it, but it'll take time to do so I don't think I can do this one quite yet.
What kind of combat do you have in mind?

I'm thinking about making a futuristic flight sim/game. There are plenty of those around but I'm interested in experimenting with some ideas. Like, every single person that plays flight sim or similar do the same thing: they fly close to the ground and other objects. But most flight sims put the player in a boring terrain, so I want to make a futuristic city where the player flies most of the time between giant buildings and tunnels. It could be something like simcopter, where you fly around doing assorted missions, upgrade your ship etc.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1968 on: May 27, 2015, 06:35:42 PM »

What kind of combat do you have in mind?

I'm thinking about making a futuristic flight sim/game. There are plenty of those around but I'm interested in experimenting with some ideas. Like, every single person that plays flight sim or similar do the same thing: they fly close to the ground and other objects. But most flight sims put the player in a boring terrain, so I want to make a futuristic city where the player flies most of the time between giant buildings and tunnels. It could be something like simcopter, where you fly around doing assorted missions, upgrade your ship etc.
Now that sounds cool. Smiley

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
indie11
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 08, 2015, 09:33:53 AM »

Sorry if this is not the right thread to post it..

I have this issue of getting tired of my own ideas. At first I feel like the idea is gonna be the next big thing but after a few days I get bored of it and move on to the next one. Is this issue common among Indie developers? I feel like a failure at times   Cry

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: June 08, 2015, 12:15:57 PM »

I have this issue of getting tired of my own ideas. At first I feel like the idea is gonna be the next big thing but after a few days I get bored of it and move on to the next one. Is this issue common among Indie developers? I feel like a failure at times   Cry

This is extremely commonplace. No worries!

I don't know how many games you've made, but it's very easy to fool yourself with conceptualization before implementation. In fact, I don't think it's possible to perfectly execute a game the way you envision it in your head (a challenge previously mentioned by Rami Ismail of Vlambeer). Sometimes the ideas we come up with are largely disingenuous, and that's OK - it's simply part of creative maturation. Starting and prematurely ending projects is the same way.

Try asking yourself why you stepped away from a particular project. Motivation? Maybe the game-design wasn't as promising on screen as it was on paper. Or maybe, your skill-set ended up becoming a major thorn in your side.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1971 on: June 08, 2015, 12:54:21 PM »

/\ what he said. Losing motivation is only a matter of time, it has nothing to do with the specific project. It will happen. So ask yourself why you lost your motivation, and if you can't find a good reason like "turns out the idea sucks and the game is boring" then you simply reached the inevitable stage of disinterest. What to do when you get to this stage is the subject of many threads on these forums, even I made one.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1972 on: June 08, 2015, 08:32:06 PM »

/\ what he said. Losing motivation is only a matter of time, it has nothing to do with the specific project. It will happen. So ask yourself why you lost your motivation, and if you can't find a good reason like "turns out the idea sucks and the game is boring" then you simply reached the inevitable stage of disinterest. What to do when you get to this stage is the subject of many threads on these forums, even I made one.
Lank?

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Sik
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1973 on: June 09, 2015, 06:41:15 PM »

You're going to be doing this all the time. You will only stick to an idea if you manage to get quickly enough to the point that stopping would seem like wasting the effort.
Jesk77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: June 13, 2015, 07:55:43 AM »

"Spy Games"

Basically "Burn Notice" as a (sort of) Roguelike RPG. You're a spy and you take on procedurally generated jobs and missions for various shady characters and government agencies. As you progress you start to accumulate cash and can (if you so choose) embed yourself in various clandestine communities, but beware: there is peramdeath, and if you piss off the wrong people, they will send assassins after you.

If the engine works, it could easily be adapted to fit other espionage settings.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1975 on: June 13, 2015, 05:36:22 PM »

Burn Notice is my favorite show. Shocked Shocked

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Jesk77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 13, 2015, 06:09:02 PM »

There aren't enough good spy games

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1977 on: June 13, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »

Then add to that market. Coffee

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
justbrowsing33
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: June 15, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »

A Safari themed resource management game where you defend your elephants from lions all while raising money for The David Sheldrick Wildlife trust! (Graphic Designer needed)
6Focal
Level 0

Attitude...

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: June 15, 2015, 07:39:06 PM »

1st person Sims, made by Bethesda.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic