Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:13:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignPitch your game topic
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Pitch your game topic  (Read 376583 times)
Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1980 on: June 23, 2015, 03:24:05 PM »

A side scrolling 2.5d brawler like castle crashers, only the entire game takes place on the tops of moving vehicles on a futuristic five lane highway. The vehicles would have different roof heights and be slowly moving in relation to each other. Players and enemies die from loosing all their health or being knocked off a vehicle and onto the road (where the next car that comes along hits them). Aesthetic would be mad max biker gang fighting against Judge Dredd style dystopian law enforcement.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
darkhog
Level 7

Dragon Agent

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 13, 2015, 04:10:45 AM »

Ok. Let's see, if I can do this...

You're a computer virus. You spread and infect various systems.

No, no... That doesn't sound right, how about this:

In this amazing, epic and innovative 3D platformer you'll stretch your mind how to guide iconic Computer Virus to complete all the missions of the 100 level campaign.

There, it sound more AAAish. Link in my signature, just click the logo.

Be a computer virus!

I cannot C well, so I stick with simpler languages.

There are no impossible things, there is only lack of skill.
The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 17, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »

A first person shooter where you record the actions you're going to take for 1 minute, then watch the results of your actions vs your opponent's actions for 1 minute. Rinse and repeat.

The MegaMagic Dude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1983 on: July 20, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »

A first person shooter where you record the actions you're going to take for 1 minute, then watch the results of your actions vs your opponent's actions for 1 minute. Rinse and repeat.

I really like this. So it's more of a strategic game, isn't it? Like an "anticipate the movements of your enemy" thing. Right? I like it.

Visit our devlog!

The Translocator
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 21, 2015, 06:31:35 AM »

I really like this. So it's more of a strategic game, isn't it? Like an "anticipate the movements of your enemy" thing. Right? I like it.

Right. I got the idea from the Shovel Knight streetpass mode for 3DS, but I think the format would work really well for a FPS game with more possible places for your opponent to be. Unless the maps had a LOT of chokepoints/ small hallways, the weapons would have to be heat seeking, rapid fire, or have a large cone of fire for it to not drag on forever. Plus there would have to be objectives for the majority of the gamemodes, because in a deathmatch setting there's no binary choice to predict "Are they going for my Flag or guarding theirs? Are they going for the control point or not?" Unless you had weapons sprinkled around the arena, like Quake. But then we have the issues of ammo conservation and weapon respawn timers and designing maps to facilitate specific movement patterns.

It would need symmetrical maps, including any items and spawn points. Also, it would be really cool if it had a minimap with your position shown and where they started that "turn" from but a circle growing from their start position showing a circle of where they "could" be. Naturally this would get bigger over time and restart with each turn, so the best time to attack them would be at the start of a turn unless you knew where they were going.

Somebody make this.  Addicted

blurr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: August 11, 2015, 12:54:34 AM »

I'm looking into mecha inspired games that offer a good degree of complexity, analogous to a simulator. Most of the stuff I've seen so far happen to be fast paced. The game idea I have in mind, doesn't have a third person view, just an inside view with in the machine.

The experience is to make sure the player understands the weight of the machine and give it a more mechanical feel. As such, it could involve, pulling levers, flipping switches, pushing/pulling a joystick etc. to perform an action, it might be a simple action. I'd like to play around a machine that does some simple things like moving forward or shooting first, I don't intend to craft a game around this immediately.

Indie dreaming
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: August 11, 2015, 09:18:44 AM »

@blurr steel battalion

blurr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: August 11, 2015, 11:27:24 PM »

@blurr steel battalion

Well, that's certainly similar to what I had in mind. Thanks!

However, I want to see if any game offers a virtual environment of that kind than using actual hardware.

Indie dreaming
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: August 12, 2015, 06:50:59 AM »

MMO team arena combat (arena as in sports venue). Two teams of 10 or four teams of five players, each player one of 5-10 fighter types, a wide variety of armed and unarmed combat options. (Empty player slots are NPC, but you aren't told who is human and who isn't.) Big explosions, throwing people around, jumping attacks, dodges, lasers, spinning blades, arena hazards, maybe vehicles, rapidfire fighting in rounds lasting only a few minutes Hand Any Key Hand Joystick Hand Any Key Hand Joystick Hand Any Key Hand Joystick 3D chunky poly
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: August 12, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »

@blurr steel battalion

Well, that's certainly similar to what I had in mind. Thanks!

However, I want to see if any game offers a virtual environment of that kind than using actual hardware.

steel battalion 2?

Pfotegeist
« Reply #1990 on: August 18, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »

Alright I took an evening after conceiving to think this twice over.

I like the idea of asynchronous play. This is a trickle down social activity. This is the most harmless sounding pitch I can think of for such a serious topic.

First game is to be marked with warnings Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Strong Language. The player urged to "be civil and feed bunnies for respect" repeatedly. Then some cute bunnies, aww - and a score called "respect." There's actually an easy way, feeding the bunnies hay they'll try to come for it, or a hard way chasing them and using a hammer/injections/gas/and even swearing at them.

Second game is E, everyone can play. It will look overly cute. Bunnies with tummy aches need shots. After a bunny is sick for a day it will be incurable, and the population of sick bunnies is deliberately tied to the first game. You can save the new bunnies very quickly, and the terminal ones stay around to be pet until they disappear.
kshaja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1991 on: August 27, 2015, 03:43:08 AM »

VR 3D Space Invaders
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: August 27, 2015, 04:12:35 AM »

I'm working on a 2D mech sim with a single player campaign.

Halogen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1993 on: August 27, 2015, 05:32:26 AM »

Condemned for witchcraft, it's up to you to escape the stake and make it out of town alive. Little girl or not, you're being chased and it's your job to survive the three-day manhunt.

Wow that sounded so much better in my head jesu croix that's bad...
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1994 on: August 27, 2015, 04:20:07 PM »

Halogen. I like it. There is a lot of exploration of the survival idea nowadays, but I still think no one got it right yet. Make your game!

I have a dumb idea. I always enjoyed the sword fights on Prince of Persia (the original one). It's a simple game of reflex but it's fun and engaging, kind of like ping pong. And also like ping pong I loved when the fight lasted longer.

I know the natural evolution of that is the free flow combat we see in games like the Arkham series etc, but something was lost in the process. There is less tension, because you can get hit many times. So my game idea is sword fighting game like PoP, with more depth to it.

OK, now someone make this. Go go go.

indie11
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: August 28, 2015, 04:00:49 AM »

A time based twitch platformer in which the player has to defuse bombs by just touching them OR by making certain pattern on switches present in the level

Mariofan0
Level 0

Your Local Nintendo Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 01, 2015, 11:35:29 AM »

Hows this?

"A Fighting/Platformmer Hybrid Game, with Metroidvaina Exploration, & RPG Elements, starring an Anthro Rabbit, his Family, & Friends, as they try to rescue those who were kidnapped by a strange Magic Jester, and her peons made of Pure Mana"

Any good? Did I reveal too much? Too Little? Too many lines? This is just for fun right?

You wanted a signature? Boy I bet you're dissapointed.
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1997 on: September 01, 2015, 11:54:03 AM »

Ever stop to think about people just getting into gaming? They don't have 20 years of pre existing knowledge to help them understand the tropes and references. They don't know z is for jump on keyboard platformers or that shift runs on first person games. They wouldn't get the mario references on Braid.

So how about a game made to introduce all these things?! huh?? huh?? I'm genius. Someone make it and then give me 75%.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 07, 2015, 04:14:55 AM »

I've never played PC games (as of recently I do play games on PC but using gamepad and all of it is either emulated console games or exists on console too) and I don't like FPS games, so had no idea about those keyboard standards. Tongue

Isn't Mario rehashed so much that most people who are at least somewhat into games despite being young would understand those, tho (especially "your princess is in another castle"), in pop culture and actual games alike?

Sounds like a possibly interesting idea anyway, tho it's easy to fall into "le epic maymay" trap and look like someone just namedropping stuff instead of something genuinely set to invoke nostalgic feelings or teach gaming culture to newcomers.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1999 on: September 07, 2015, 08:13:32 AM »

good fps gams have a walk button not a run button

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic