Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:11:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralScarlett Johansson to play Zoe Quinn in the movie adaptation of her book
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Scarlett Johansson to play Zoe Quinn in the movie adaptation of her book  (Read 7784 times)
Canned Turkey
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2015, 04:56:17 PM »

Oh I love that guy. His videos are really insightful.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2015, 04:57:40 PM »

Also serial experiment lain deal with similar culture

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2015, 07:18:56 PM »

I also think it's seriously dishonest to pretend this only happens within Gamergate and not any of the other movements aiming to effect social change. For example, feminism has a big problem with callout culture
1. feminism is an ideology not a movement, the comparison is nonsense and a distraction.
2. gamergate doesn't just happen to systematically employ heinous methods as a side effect. threats and harassment was always integral to it and their actual goals are reprehensible to begin with.

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 12:26:02 AM »

Isn't her story about online harassment? How do you even translate that into a movie without showing a computer screen more than half the screentime?

all those hacker movie works, also it's about the real life effect and consequences not the screen

what

almost all hacker movies are terrible lol
Diabetes Forecast
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2015, 01:37:41 AM »

It would be absurd. Nobody sane would purposefully perpetuate harassment on themselves. Which is why I thought it was more in jest or flippant than some kind of affront.

There's alot of idiots that crave attention no matter if it's positive or negative. Look at DeviantArt.

Fuck, over half the users of secondlife and most MMO's entire entertainment value is derived from that shit.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2015, 09:39:17 AM »

There's alot of idiots that crave attention no matter if it's positive or negative. Look at DeviantArt.

still doesnt make it ok to harass those people
Dragonmaw
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2015, 10:19:03 AM »

also i'm pretty sure gg's targets don't want to be stalked by a mob for over a year
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2015, 03:52:48 PM »

Has anybody read her book? what was it like?

Anyway, I'm interested in the movie only because I want to see how they're going to do it. I don't think Zoe Quinn is a very interesting person, but I've never spoken to her so who knows.

Also didn't gamergate basically turn into a mob of conspiracy theorists at this point? it seems to me like most sane people abandoned it.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2015, 03:57:01 PM »

Seriously she only have cybernetic implant in her arm (okay her finger, and it's a magnet, so she can feel wired under wall and which fusible is gone)

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2015, 04:09:47 PM »

^ as far as i know she has 3 implants: the finger magnet, a re-programmable RFID chip and now subdermal LEDs

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »

??...

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2015, 04:28:04 PM »

??...

I don't think Zoe Quinn is a very interesting person, but I've never spoken to her so who knows.

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2015, 04:39:39 PM »

Might make for an interesting human but not for an interesting person.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2015, 04:58:01 PM »

uh i don't know anything about zoe quinn personally other than she made depression quest, founded crash override cheated on her boyfriend.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2015, 05:03:31 PM »

Might make for an interesting human but not for an interesting person.
In the context of a movie that's more than enough, she is colorful, and that's leaving tons of other facts. She also have many achievement and has been organizing events since forever. She is really smart and get shit done. Dunno the point is that there is enough material to exploit for a movie, much more than with the ZUCK.

Diabetes Forecast
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2015, 08:43:39 PM »

still doesnt make it ok to harass those people

Alot of those people pretty directly rely on harassment as a means to enable their shitty behavior. They have attention, therefore they are right in whatever way they see it. If they ever stopped getting attention, their existence would be forgotten, and they might even actually change and/or seek help.

A certain 'Prokofy Neva' comes to mind as the leading example of someone who lives and thrives within negativity. Or the ever-infamous 'Chris-Chan', for that matter. There are probably other, more easily remembered instances of such people, but those stand out in my mind at the moment.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying, these people exist and they're in dire need of serious help. There's probably plenty of people who got in/famous for this very thing.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2015, 09:02:56 PM »

You're skirting very close to a ban. I wouldn't continue down this line of conversation.
Diabetes Forecast
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2015, 09:07:33 PM »

I'm not disagreeing with you though??? It's not okay to harass people but there's certainly strange things that come out in the human psyche thanks to the internet's existence. That's all I'm saying!
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2015, 02:24:14 AM »

Gonna shift this line of conversation back to the film (probably for good reason)

I absolutely think Quinn's story is an interesting one, and I'll definitely be checking out the book, but I'm curious how they're going to adapt something as internet-centric as this to film. I have faith that the production team will have figured something out by the time they start shooting, but I'm just curious as to how it's all going to translate.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2015, 10:50:21 PM »

that's "being a victim" and "game", you dumbass

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic