Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 08:41:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHTML5 Quake-like physics-based multiplayer tank game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HTML5 Quake-like physics-based multiplayer tank game  (Read 851 times)
hpohl
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »

Hello guys,

instructions and details are here: http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/18197-beta-quake-like-physics-based-multiplayer-tank-game/

and the link: http://tankeroni.bspeak.net/

What do you guys think? Do you have lags? Encouter problems?
dynamite-ready
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 05:01:10 PM »

The game itself appears to be broken.
I started off driving around a level with one other player.

Then suddenly, the game map and the other player disappeared, leaving just my tank, the fog of war mask, and a black background onscreen...  Shrug

It's a shame, because the network features look quite promising...
Kescay
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 03:20:50 AM »

Couldn't get controls to work with chrome 44.0  or recently updated firefox. Also tank flew off the map suddenly.
fingerman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 05:07:06 AM »

wasd and mouse were working but the network with 8 players wasn't good and we were all driving all over the place as the steering was far too buggy!
hpohl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 11:20:22 AM »

Sorry for the late reply! There were a lot of broken versions online because I didn't think people were still looking into it. The fact that you flew off the may be caused by a bad connection to the server. The Client over-corrects your position. On which server did you play on and where do you play from? Steering was way too buggy? Explain please. The game is running without any lags and 10 bots on German or US servers. But since the networking is still working with JSON it may be taking too much bandwidth or causing other issues. That is on my list. Thank you for testing anyway!
kierkle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:20:29 PM »

I tried to play a little on a US server (85ms ping). The lag made it hard to get a proper feeling for the game, but I really like the concept. The controls make sense to me and I like the top down tank combat. Things seem to move a little too fast, would have preferred everything to slow down and feel more tank like. Beyond the networking issues I can definitely see this turning into a really fun game.

hpohl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »

US servers are weird anyways. I might look for new hoster. And yes the game is really fast but you can already adjust the game speed if you create your own server from 0.1x to up to 10x.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic