Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:23:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[FILLED] GODHOOD - A RHYTHM hack'n'slash - Needs music
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FILLED] GODHOOD - A RHYTHM hack'n'slash - Needs music  (Read 1195 times)
GekidoRising
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »

(click for full view)

About GODHOOD:
GODHOOD is a rhythm hack-n-slash following Riff, a writer who's doing everything he can to soothe his creation come to life, Avadra, a draconic deity set upon showing this newly discovered world of hers what it really means to be a god.

The gameplay revolves around attacking enemies to the rhythm and the beat of the music in order to build up flow and intensity, unleashing massive explosive attacks on down beats to defeat hordes of enemies in a single blow. Players can switch between rhythms depending on the given situation and can even defy the rhythm if the moment demands it, but true power lies within the explosive attacks and to perform them, you need to keep your cool.

Devlog

I am currently seeking a composer to create music for GODHOOD's first level! After almost two years of development from scratch, game engine and graphics engine, I'm very excited to have finally reached this point and after relying on a 10 second drum sample to test all of the game's mechanics for months, I'm ready to take things to the next level!

GODHOOD is a game about monsters and explosions that take place in modern day. The main character essentially has super powers dropped on him out of nowhere and is constantly thrown into a fight for his life. His powers proving unruly, the only way he can control them is to get into a flow, to follow a rhythm. For this, I'm looking for an electronic soundtrack that conveys urgency, action, fear and above all, a sense of power! In terms of genres, I'm looking for a soundtrack that borrows from different electronic genres such as electro, dubstep and house.

EDIT: Clarified the genres a little bit. Sorry for the confusion!

Now, before I get into the nitty gritty, I want to start things out honest, so I will come forward and say that I am specifically only looking for music for the first level. The reason for this is because the first level is all I really have the budget for at the moment. Some time mid December, I plan on launching a kickstarter to see if I can get the rest of the game funded, but before I get there, I'm going to need some kickass music to back me up!

For GODHOOD, in summary, I'm going to be looking for a composer who can work with heavily detailed specifications. Due to the nature of this being a rhythm game with story, there are a lot of factors that come into play for the music I need such as BPM, rhythms and story flow.

In more detail, here are the specs: The song will play not only over gameplay but over cutscenes as well so the music needs to coincide with story (not all the way down to following specific character actions Bugs Bunny style but just enough so that the tone reflects what's going on). Certain aspects of the song will have restrictions placed on it for the sake of making the song playable, mainly BPM and rhythm variation. Simply put, I need music that you can actually keep up with, music that's easily memorable, that you can get into a groove with. Most importantly, the music needs to be something you can tap to the beat of without even thinking about it. Lastly, for the first level as well as the every other level I have planned, I actually have inspiration music that adequately demonstrates the themes, moods and rhythms I'm looking for for each level, so the ability to work with reference music would be a really nice touch!

In closing, here's the deal: One song, three minutes with individually loopable segments, at 250 USD per minute so 750 USD (I would pay in CAD but it's not doing so good right now haha)

Finally, the most important part: This is a rhythm game, so the very principles of game music are inverted here. Instead your music providing the ambience to the game, the game will be providing ambience to your music! Simply put, I need music that can really stand out on its own!

Those of who are interested can either send me an email at [POSITION FILLED] or you can simply send me a PM here! Again, due to the nature of this being a rhythm game, I can't say I am looking for conventional game music, so in your application, please include some of your favorite personal works if you have any, as it will likely be much closer to what I'm looking for! If anyone has any questions over the kind of music I'm looking for ,let me know and I will provide the reference songs I mentioned earlier I've added a post a few posts down that lists off some of the reference songs I referred to earlier!

Thank you so much for your time and I am personally so excited to see what you all have to offer!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 03:55:22 PM by GekidoRising » Logged
bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »

Hey! Looks like a cool project, I just sent you an email. Hope to work with you!

jc

FelixArifin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 05:08:26 PM »

I've just sent you a message on your Gmail! Thanks for providing us the opportunity to apply - this looks like an incredible project!

-Felix

Daniel Stoker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 05:11:34 AM »

Not so long ago I was thinking about a rhythm-based side scroller, influenced by Crypt of the Necrodancer: I can't express how much this game appeals to me! I'll send you over an email shortly with examples of my work.

Hope to work with you soon!

Musician with a BSc(Hons 1st Class) in Game Design & Development:

www.danielstoker.jimdo.com
www.soundcloud.com/zigauche
Ford Audio Design
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 07:34:51 AM »

Just sent an email! Sounds like a great project, looking forward to updates!  Beer!

UK Based musician/sound designer. Music Demo Reel | SFX Demo Reel
GekidoRising
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:10:08 PM »

I figured that since I work better with examples than I do with descriptions, I might as well just provide the reference material below in a separate post just so it doesn't cloud up the main post too much.

Anyway, the reference music! Before I link it though, I want to say that the music I'm linking are from big name bands and production music companies and that I am FULLY aware that there is a huge discrepancy in time and resources between these bands and an independent musician. I'm just stating this because I don't want to give the impression that I have delusional standards on what kind of music I'm getting with only $750 haha

Anyway, the references! I basically have it divided into two sections; the first half of the game, and the second half. First, I'll start with some references for the first half! The key moods I get from these two songs is an overwhelming sense of power, too overwhelming almost. You could even call these songs bombastic, even obnoxious in nature, but in a way that works with the game! They depict absolute urgency and danger, while at the same time, conveying a strange sense of enjoyment and fun, sort of like an way-too-extreme sport!

<--- The rights to this song belong to Extreme Music but their site is a bit tricky to navigate

The next two songs convey the game's second half when things start taking a much darker, more desperate tone. At this point, the fun is starting to drain and things are starting to turn against the main character as he tries to keep everything stable. These songs still convey the same overwhelming power, but at the same time, they convey less fun and excitement and more fear and futility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtpNAxldqzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiojdDs8wwk

Hope this is helpful!
ThommazK
Level 0

Melody is my business.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 05:13:56 PM »

Love the graphics style!
Just sent an email.

Listen to my music: https://thommazk.bandcamp.com/
pitkevich80
Level 0

quest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 06:37:05 AM »

Sounds nice, i sent you mail Wink
GekidoRising
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 03:54:38 PM »

I'm just dropping a quick post here to say that the position has been filled. I'd like to thank everyone who's applied for their interest in the game! The past week has been an absolutely amazing experience and I've learned so much from the process. The final decision was easily one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, but I really look forward to seeing what comes out of it!

Further more, I'd like to add that the contract listed above is only for the first level. In the future, if the kickstarter is successful, I most likely will be contacting other artists to create different tracks for the game for later levels!

For now though, I'm going to be locking this thread.

Thank you so much for your time and interest!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic