Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:38:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTest my old-school arcade game and help game research!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Test my old-school arcade game and help game research!  (Read 477 times)
Geoffrey91
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2015, 05:20:01 AM »

Hello!
I made a short old-school arcade game and I’m looking for some great users willing to test it. Would anyone like to help me out? The game it’s not only built for entertainment, but it also serves to further my university research in trying to understand why games are so much fun. So, by trying the game you would also give your contribution to science and help make ALL games even more awesome. Isn’t that amazing?! Anyway, all I need is for you to play the game as long as you want and stop whenever you feel like it. That’s it! Interested? Then, please follow these instructions:

• If you use Firefox (recommended), Internet Explorer, Opera and/or Safari just go to the following link and play the game:
    http://www.kongregate.com/games/Geoffrey91/voronois-battle/

• If you use Chrome or any other browser not listed above, unfortunately the web version of the game won’t work for you. Good news though, you can still download the game at the following link and run it on your computer:
    http://voronoisbattledownload.azurewebsites.net/
    Note that you cannot change the resolution, nor the size of the window. This is done to ensure that all participants will play the game in similar conditions.

Thanks!
fingerman
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 09:04:14 AM »

unity web player!
TankDuck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 06:40:24 AM »

A webGL build would be nice, I wasn't able to find the time to download the game
RainWorldIsAwesome
Level 0

Rain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 07:49:09 AM »

It was pretty good but got kinda easy after a few games, the trick i found was to just avoid the other players and i would win everytime, so maybe instead of just bouncing around have them seek you out to an extent?

Felius Limax
Venator Lacertae
dynamite-ready
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 11:57:22 AM »

Downloading Firefox now...

Why won't the game work on Chrome?
That's pretty unusual these days...

NVM - Google told me (NPAPI...).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:10:01 PM by dynamite-ready » Logged
dynamite-ready
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 04:50:42 PM »

It was pretty good but got kinda easy after a few games, the trick i found was to just avoid the other players and i would win everytime, so maybe instead of just bouncing around have them seek you out to an extent?

Wasn't quite my experience...

I thought the animation was superb, and the sound also gives the game a nice, kinetic feel,
but even after I starting making sense of the goal, winning, for me felt like more a function of chance than ability.

It feels good though.

I downloaded it, btw.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic