Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:16:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDon't Kill Her | Surreal, narrative, hand drawn, indie game. (lot of gif here)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Don't Kill Her | Surreal, narrative, hand drawn, indie game. (lot of gif here)  (Read 15185 times)
wuuthrer
Level 0

I draw stuff, I make games, I like it dirty

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 05:49:10 AM »

Hey, sorry for the late replies. It's a bad habit I got, working on it ;] Still, it was really great discovering all of your very encouraging comments. Thanks a lot!

I do like the pencilled animations. Looks like you're having fun drawing all sorts of strangeness.
You caught me, I can't hide. :]

This looks absolutely incredible :-*
One thing though, are you going to write your own font?
The anti-aliased computer text looks a tad odd next to all the penciled art.
You're absolutely right. I would love too, but that would take me a lot, LOT of time. My first priority is to first finish the game and then think about all the polishing. I need to work on what's necessary first.

Was waiting for this ever since I played Evidence. Glad to see the project finally becomes more concrete. Looking forward to the devlog! :)
So it seems like someone actually played this thing ahah. That's an old memory to me, Don't Kill Her is designed way better than Evidence. So, if you liked this old game of me, you'll probably enjoy even more Don't Kill Her!

To all people who were talking about how I make the animations, here's some behind the scenes.

I couldn't put everything I already drawn on the floor. But I think it's still enough to show you the massive amount of work it takes to finish this game. The good news is, I've already finished the most complicated part.

The last thing I can show you yet, is what you asked for: audio. The truth is, I'm very lucky. Siddhartha Barnhoorn is an awesome composer. Since the very beginning of our work, he really captured the very special thing I'm trying to create with this game. When you hear his soundtrack, you can easily feel the mystery, the sweet sadness and at the same time, something very hopeful. Judge by yourself!

https://soundcloud.com/sidbarnhoorn/dont-kill-her-game-preliminary?in=sidbarnhoorn/sets/game-music-39

https://soundcloud.com/sidbarnhoorn/dont-kill-her-theme-work-in-progress?in=sidbarnhoorn/sets/game-music-39

I hope I answered all of your questions. If I missed one or there's something else you want to ask, don't be shy and let me know. I'll do my best.

I can't guarantee I'll be able to give you all the requested informations. She's keeps telling me I should not... I don't want to argue with Her. In fact, nobody wants to.

- Don't Kill Her -
  No choice is given, but the rest belongs to us.
wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2015, 03:07:34 AM »

I can't resist to share a sneak peak of the trailer.

GIF TEASER!

- Don't Kill Her -
Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2015, 05:40:33 AM »

Love how this looks, and it's pretty cool to see those analog sprite sheets.

Was waiting for this ever since I played Evidence. Glad to see the project finally becomes more concrete. Looking forward to the devlog! Smiley
So it seems like someone actually played this thing ahah. That's an old memory to me, Don't Kill Her is designed way better than Evidence. So, if you liked this old game of me, you'll probably enjoy even more Don't Kill Her!

Now where do I find this? Smiley

wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 05:50:41 AM »

Ahem... Evidence is a very old project I worked on while I was learning, basically everything?

That's why I'm always ashamed to show it. To me, it's more an old thing I made in a very distant past. But it's still "something" and if people may enjoy it... well, you can found it here.

- Don't Kill Her -
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2015, 06:52:13 AM »

This looks weird.... LOVE IT!

Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 10:07:24 AM »

Looks great. I love hand drawn art in games Smiley

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 12:50:19 AM »

Howdy dear Murderers!

I can't resist to share the soundtrack my amazing composer I've been working on, for the very soon upcoming trailer. You can listen to it on soundcloud :]

https://soundcloud.com/sidbarnhoorn/dont-kill-her-trailer-music

What do you think of it?

I'll have more exciting news to tell later this february!

- Don't Kill Her -
NoLocality
Level 1

AssetsAssetsAssetsAssetsAssets...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »

Holy crap!  Blink Blink

Glad I skimmed the devlogs today.

So much wow.

When this is all said and done I want to see a photo of just how many hand drawings went into this.

wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 01:52:24 AM »

You're pointing the thing I like about sharing my work on Tig. People seem to be fully aware of the massive amount of working needed to put this very special mood together.

But Here's a sample of some of the sheets I've drawn.

Can't wait to share you the trailer later this month guys, I've really put a lot of efforts to summon the very special atmosphere of the game in it :]

- Don't Kill Her -
Daniel Pellicer
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 06:40:42 AM »

It looks really cool. Congratulations on the unique style you somehow achieved!

wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 08:01:03 AM »

Sir Birthday Cake is sad because he's awful at making your wishes come true : [

- Don't Kill Her -
brantkings
Level 0

I like games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 10:17:12 AM »

Just keeps getting better and better! Nice work! Looking forward to seeing that trailer.

wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2016, 05:44:45 AM »

Top o' the morning to you murderers!

I’ve been keeping a low profile these past two months but with good reason.
Indeed my friends, it’s a tremendous privilege for me to announce that the Don’t Kill Her Indigogo and Greenlight campaign will be launched on April 26.
Lo and behold! To mark this occasion an exclusive trailer will be revealed!

The making of this campaign has taken ages as She and I have been fighting over many of its aspects.
But what the heck! Ultimately we’ve got loads of awesome surprises in store that I’m dying to share with you.

Brace yourselves, in a couple of days the final countdown will begin and you better come prepared.

She most certainly will be.

- Don't Kill Her -
monsterfinger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2016, 06:11:11 AM »

I really love the style! It reminds me of an old Disney cartoon, like the black and white Mickey Mouse, looking forward to more.
wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2016, 08:28:42 AM »

Thanks!

I hope you'll like the trailer as well :]

- Don't Kill Her -
readyplaygames
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2016, 02:32:29 PM »

But what if I love to hate it? What then?!
wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2016, 03:23:44 AM »

I guess you'll just enjoy murdering Her so :]

- Don't Kill Her -
wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2016, 09:51:30 AM »

It’s D-day my friends so let’s get this party started!

Let’s begin with the juiciest part. A lovingly crafted trailer has been slowly simmering and the time has come to dig in!

Also the Indiegogo and Greenlight campaign has just been launched, so to those dedicated souls that want to show Her your support in order to help finance the final stages of development, we offer our eternal gratitude.

Whether you tweet, share or donate every little bit counts! We cannot stress this strongly enough!

The game also boasts a new and updated website (and quite a fancy one too, if I may say).
dontkillher.com

The next few days will certainly be an emotional roller coaster for me but who cares as long as I’m sharing it with you. Let the adventure begin!

See you soon dear murderers and thank you for your continued support.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 01:06:15 PM by wuuthrer » Logged

- Don't Kill Her -
wuuthrer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 10:02:24 AM »

48 hours on indiegogo and thanks are already in order

The huge support you’ve shown on social media: tweets, comments and donations, you’ve completely flooded my news feed. So I really wanted to send out a HUGE thank you to you guys!

Woooooooot! 27% of the funds have already been raised!! An unbelievable start and things are really looking good! Ok much remains to be done to achieve the fateful 100%, but with the time we have left anything is possible!

The greenlight campaign is also going strong. Even though to be completely frank, the available stats are quite cryptic. Apparently that’s part of the deal. But hey, the more mystery the better right? Wink

I’ve already begun sending out emails with wallpapers to all people having pledged more than 5$. (My little sausage fingers have never typed as much as in these past few hours). As a matter of fact, since I started sending out the wallpapers, weird reactions have been appearing over social media. Check it out for yourselves.

ANYWAY! Let’s keep on believing and sharing the love and euphoria!

- Don't Kill Her -
Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 10:08:24 AM »

I'm glad this is not dead, definitely backing!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic