Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:20:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Where to start with procedural animation?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Where to start with procedural animation?  (Read 905 times)
Muffinhat
Level 0

COVERED IN BEES HELP

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »

I've been working in the Unity Engine for about 3 years now, and have familiarized myself to the mecanim animation system to some extent. For a while now, I've been wanting to figure out how to make animations that are actually done in real time instead of being based on baked animations (i.e. Overgrowth, Gang Beasts, Grow Home, and Rain World), but haven't been able to find any decent resources on where the hell to start. I know how to make basic transformations such as orienting a character's head towards a given transform, but I'm completely stumped on how to do that with an entire set of bones. Does anyone know of anything that could point me in the right direction for that kind of stuff?
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:13:11 PM »

Look for Inverse kinematic, there is free asset on the asset store (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/1829) and awesome paid asset like asset master + final IK, mecanim do have some IK function and code to share.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic