Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 07:43:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioOn_Release() OST
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: On_Release() OST  (Read 819 times)
dawid w. mika
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2015, 06:43:20 AM »

Hey, I just released (very) tiny soundtrack from tiny game called On_Release(). Music and game were finished few months and I wanted to release it earlier but I was waiting and waiting for album cover and well... never got it so I picked one screenshot from the game, added title and here it is.

https://dawidwmika.bandcamp.com/album/on-release-ost

Technical footnote:

As far as I remember the music was made mostly inside of NI Maschine with lots of sample mangling and NI Massive sequencing. Some bitcrushing by Maschine's built-in bitcrusher (which I really love), pinch of Glitch 2 by Illformed (http://illformed.org/), some saturators, distortions etc.

I'm a big fan of Maschine's workflow, especially for small projects with short deadlines or game jams where it's nice to have something blinking and shiny on your desk but working with external synths or guitars is really painful now and I hope NI will deal with it in the future. Originally I planned to keep everything inside of Maschine but temptation to add guitars, bass and hardware synths (Arturia Minibrute and Studiologic Sledge) was too strong so after prototyping everything I moved "Watch Your Thumb" and "Legacy of Error" into a proper DAW anyway (which is Reaper in my case).

1instrument
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 09:20:03 AM »

Game looks cool, and music is great! Congrats!

Peace all day
Kyle Preston
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 09:29:36 AM »

Hey congrats man! Haven't played with Maschine much, but it sounds like you've got a nice grip on it, sounding good!  Smiley

dawid w. mika
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 11:43:25 PM »

Thanks guys.

What came to my mind after releasing of this one: maybe I should have prepared extended versions for OST because now it's almost exactly the same thing that you can hear in the game. This is actually what I did for the most of my OST releases but today I'm doing more and more interactive music that needs additional work before releasing it anyway.

Breakdown Epiphanies
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »

Hey Dawid,
congrats on the release, those are some very chill and cool beats. I've got a Maschine MkII on my desk here, too, but after initially using it for a few tracks I stopped as I could not wrap my head around the Cubase intergration. Working and tracking exclusively in the Maschine software just does not fit my workflow.
But after listening to these sweet tracks I kind of want to dig into that again. Guess I am off watching some youtube tutorials now! Wink
Cheers
Patrick

dawid w. mika
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 08:58:24 AM »

Hey Patrick,

recently I made a small Maschine template for integration which is basically a blank project with all routing set up for DAW and later I'm just filling it with sounds and it works great this way. Sometimes I'm also feeding Maschine with some raw samples, cutting them, processing just a tiny bit to9 simply record full audio output into a track in DAW, treating Maschine as a regular instrument. Maybe it's a material for tutorial...

As for tutorials I recently found this one to be quite inspiring (if you have a Maschine v 2.x):

Regards

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic