Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 08:07:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsStudio looking for Artists for new VideoGame [UE4]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Studio looking for Artists for new VideoGame [UE4]  (Read 1351 times)
KaleidoGames
Level 0

Making awesome games for real gamers

View Profile WWW
« on: November 24, 2015, 02:05:15 AM »

Hi, I am looking for some help for our new game.

My name is Jaime D, I have been working professionally in interactive webs, apps, and videogames for 11 years, since 2004.

In 2013, I went Indie and created KaleidoGames, I have created a small fan-base that keeps growing every year as I go to fairs with custom made arcade cabinets and I try to expose myself quite a lot to the media:

Here there are some stats from my latest games:

Beekyr (2013-2014)

• 4 platforms: OUYA, Android, iOS, PC
  • Took     about over a year full time
  • ~16000     Free Downloads (~200 Sales in 2 years)
  • Team     of 2 people + musician.
  • Rating:     4/5

PerfectBrew: Tea Timer (2014)

• 2 platforms: Android and iOS (not anymore)
  • 6000     Free downloads
  • Took     about one month.
  • Team     of 1 person.
  • Rating:     4.3/5

Vortex Attack (2014-2015)
www.vortexattack.com

• 1 platform: STEAM-PC
  • ~3000     Units (in 6 months: still selling) from Steam sales + activations
  • Took     a year full-time.
  • Team     of 1 person + musician
  • Rating:     92% positive
  • Extra data from Steam stats: On average , players play over 20h.... Some playing over 150h!

I tend to focus on gameplay a lot as my favourite games are from 90s (with some from 80s), gameplay was great then, I believe games are now far too easy.
So my games are often very playable but don’t look that amazing*.
Also as I am on my own I have been creating everything: Engine (all code) , audio edit (FX), graphics (first version), gameplay, difficulty balance, overall design, translations, GUI, menus, and a long list an Indie has to do.

Note: for Beekyr I had an illustrator helping out redrawing my crappy graphics. For Vortex Attack just some very small help for some enemy designs.

All my projects since 2004 have been using ActionScript code to compile Flash and later Adobe AIR. And my last game, Vortex Attack has been using it for the last time: it's time to move away from that Adobe technology as I can't export to XBOX or PS4 and workflow is not as smooth as I would like. Coding in AS3 was beautiful though.

I have been practicing UE4 for a while now and it looks like I will be using it in the next game. I have been testing stuff out and it is visually impressive, as well as its workflow, especially when compared with pure coding like I did with AS3. So it’s a double win. I don't have to deal with low end optimizations or bugs and I can focus in gameplay, making more complex scenarios, AI and enemies.

Also I'm moving to 3D models as well, I have realized that lightning, reusing models with different skins and camera functionality are all more practical than using just texture atlas and tinting sprites.

The new game

But I can't do it alone anymore.  So I have decided that I will do a commercially viable project now. With the knowledge earned from the market since 2013 I can say that with a good team I can build a successful game. I would like share with people that is interested. But firstly I have to say a little bit from the game.

Imagine a modern Metroid / Turrican mixed with the Odyssey (Ulysses) but 2.5D and some levels 3D (back to front camera) fast navigation big areas in a spaceship like “StarWars Episode I :Racer”

Turrican

Starwars Racer

The team

I'm gathering a new team to build the whole game, and start ASAP. at the moment we are:
  • Game designer + developer
  • Game designer + 'Expert' game tester
  • 3D modeller + texturer
  • candidate for : illustrations
  • candidate for : music

Please take a look at this folder:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-L0oVi1bD3ffkxUMlVEcmRqcWYyVHhKSGNtT0dWVU9zeWdDOXE5dFdIdEpsamxsY0h1ajQ&usp=sharing

I placed two files:
General.PDF
With all basic information

World-1.PDF
Gameplay, story, etc from the first few levels.

I hope you like the project and you work with us. If you were interested, please let me know and we can discuss how you can contribute.

Game visual style is yet to be defined, but we can go with any that makes the game look attractive and give good vibe to players. I will take care the fun factor, with as many compilations as it's needed to make it awfully fun. With Vortex Attack I did almost 10.000 compilations: you can imagine the detail level I set to the gameplay, you are can be sure that part is well covered already.

If you are truly interested, you can already start with an enemy, main character, a sketch of one level, whatever the choice is yours. I won't hide you any information, this is also a test of will. Attitude counts as much as your art skills. Being the best illustrator without being willing to work won’t make the best candidate. This has happened to me already, and since then, I have been working solo. I need people willing to work at good speed rate and make a game that will shock players and critics. I do not expect to over work as I do but not stall the project.

Also, if you know anyone that can be interested please let me know and I can send an email to him/her or tell to send me an email directly to info [aat}kaleidogames. com! (<--email address obscured to prevent spam, just in case you wondered)

KaleidoGames Logo
www.kaleidogames.com

Waiting to hear from you soon.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:18:29 AM by KaleidoGames » Logged

Take a look at:

Visit our site for more games:
KaleidoGames
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic