Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:31:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsB-GamesTeam Glorious Trainwrecks Dot Com Presents: The 100-in-1 Klik & Play Pirate Kart
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Team Glorious Trainwrecks Dot Com Presents: The 100-in-1 Klik & Play Pirate Kart  (Read 34201 times)
SpindleyQ
Level 0

Feka Goon

View Profile WWW
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:08:31 PM »

Greetings, TIGSource!  I hope you're sitting down, because I am about to tell you a tale of a last-minute contest entry so epic that it will leave skid marks on your soul.

You see, I run a small website I like to call GloriousTrainwrecks.com, which not only celebrates the fantastic, terrible games of old, but is dedicated to bringing new ones into the world, kicking and screaming.  It warms our collective hearts that there are others like us out there.  As you can imagine, we became very excited about this contest.

However, some weeks went by, and the project we were sort of half-heartedly working on was fizzling out.  We had only a week to put something together.  We needed to collaborate without actually putting any effort into working together.  We needed instant gratification.

We needed Klik & Play.

A plan was struck: We would produce 100 terrible games using the buggy, outdated, free release of Clickteam's original masterpiece, under the pretense of creating a modern-day pirate cart full of the shittiest games imaginable.  We would do it in a single weekend.  It was a ludicrous, impossible goal.  GloriousTrainwrecks.com had three regular members.  I was expecting to maybe get to 20 or 30, and to have five subtly renamed copies of every game in the menu -- just like a real NES pirate cart.

The turnout, however, was nothing short of overwhelming.  17 people contributed.  We actually broke 100 games.  One guy finished a game in a mere 16 minutes.  (He ended up being our most prolific contributer with a shocking 21 games under his belt.)  Another guy drew faces on his dick with a sharpie and made a game out of it.  People thought they'd do just one, then would end up contributing five.  People made games that were actually kind of decent.  People made games that were barely games at all.  It was incredible.

You will be able to enjoy the fruits of our labour shortly.  In the meantime, have some screenshots and salivate in anticipation you slavering dogs:

Shakespeare Shakespeare Revolution

Nitro Time Rock and Roll

Hungry Hedgehogs MMORPG

Metal Axe Warriors

GAZE UPON OUR WORKS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 02:40:28 AM by Derek » Logged
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »

This looks awesome :D The days with those pirate carts :D I saw a 365000 in 1 GB cart back in the days... which actually contained 8 games, renamed all over :D

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »

I really hope this will be awesome...  Wink

Last release: sync::routine
Average Higgins
Level 1

Huh? What?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 02:27:15 PM »

As I write this, I tremble with anticipation at how incredibly fucking fun this game looks.
WHEN WILL YOU RELEASE IT!?
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 02:29:07 PM »

The screenshots are absolutely hilarious, I cannot wait to play that shakespeare rhyming game. 100 games. Sweet jebus. :bow :bow

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »

Casette 50, all over again.

The gods have spoken. Bliss is inevitable.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »

I DEMAND DELICIOUS GAME NAO

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 04:58:05 PM »

Um, YES?! Shocked Kiss
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 02:35:12 AM »

I'm choking on my own smile here.

(Help!)

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
SpindleyQ
Level 0

Feka Goon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 10:51:13 AM »

Alright, you guys, have at it.  (You'll need 7-Zip to decompress it.)

Let me know if you encounter any bugs in the front-end menu so that I might be able to iron them out before midnight.  I already noticed that "Girl From Ipanema" plays through the five games that were written in Processing, which the author did not intend, but probably doesn't go against the spirit of the collection. 

(Speaking of which, you might want to have Java installed -- our only five non-Klik entries, "nudge", "blockvaders", "PREGGERS!", "cosmicarkatamari" and "breastpong" all need it.)

Enjoy!
SpindleyQ
Level 0

Feka Goon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »

BUG REPORT:
"Super Corporate Executive Quest II HD Turbo Remix Deluxe: Return To Lord Skullington's Castle" cannot be run from the menu because its name is too goddamn long. 

FIX:
Go into SpindleyQ/Corporate/Game.txt and change the name to something shorter.  Suggested: "Super Corporate Executive Quest II HD Turbo Remix Deluxe: etc. etc."
Shoot-em-upper
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »

The games are too buggy to play. Cry
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 08:52:13 PM »

Man, this is game is like the B-Game equivalent of Wario Ware...impressive effort Smiley

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
darlenehill19
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 06:51:44 AM »

What are the updates??
I just started to follow the thread... Tongue
Tried some but got bugs in them.. OR may be i downloaded previous versions  Crazy
A little guide is all appreciated...From Where I can find bug free downloads...
Treat me as a Noob  Lips Sealed

Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »

Those aren't bugs, dear spambot. They're features. Awesome, awesome features.    Hand Metal LeftTigerHand Metal Right

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic