Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:30:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionPhotonTrap [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: PhotonTrap [FINISHED]  (Read 15666 times)
Fuzz
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2009, 10:31:01 AM »

Sorry I haven't been able to help out with uploading a new version. Embarrassed I'll try to get around to it soon (maybe).
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »

Just played this. It already looks fantastic. If you were to polish it and add multiplayer it could be a memorable game indeed. Coding the bots to try and shoot eachother down would also be pretty awesome. And I love how it's tron, but with spaced mines instead. It allows a skilled player to weave around the mines as he pursues his target, leading to some awesome moments. Some techno music would also go a long way.

Good job. I give you 4 thumbs out of 5.  Hand Thumbs Down Left Corny Laugh Hand Thumbs Up RightHand Thumbs Up RightHand Thumbs Up RightHand Thumbs Up Right

The fifth thumb is for when you realise this game's potential, if you wish to.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 08:45:16 AM »

I agree to Melly, this is one of my favorite entries. As minimalistic as it is, the atmosphere is great, when you're able to always smoothly look around an see the whole sphere and the movement going on in there. That's especially cool when you are just entering the sphere and see the whole "arena" from outside.
I also think that the shooting is a very good addition, as it makes the game a bit more interactive than just indirectly placing the walls and hoping someone else drives into them. It just felt that at least shooting down the bots is rather easy, especially as the shots seem to live pretty long, so even by randomly shooting around it's possible to defeat someone.

I really hope you go on making this, it's already more than some interesting little experiment, but a pretty cool and rather unique game Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 09:18:53 AM »

This was good fun once I worked out what the hell was going on. I kept getting into nail-biting canopy-to-canopy turning dogfights with the yellow guy, until I realized that that was me.

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »

Very good. I enjoyed the mechanics. It's a bit confusing, though, at times, with the free look and the dark mines (just before they fade they're almost black). I like the idea of making it all inside a sphere.

MysticSi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 07:20:47 AM »

Yes I was thinking that this would be a great game for multiplayer, of course I first need to learn how to write net code.

I also need to clean up parts of the code that I hastily written to be able meet the deadline, as its making it awkward to add new features.

I am also thinking of releasing the source code once its more cleaned up.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic