Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:47:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Cabadath
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Cabadath  (Read 45913 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2009, 05:46:55 PM »

Looks great! And the middle blade rotates perfectly.
All that needs to change now is the left and right blades so they look like their rotating and not sliding.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2009, 07:13:37 PM »

Lo
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2009, 01:45:39 PM »

Kiss
That is sexy!

The artist formally known as "Javet."
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2009, 03:01:29 PM »

The left blade looks like it's going backwards. Since the weapon's at an angle, maybe the blade should go down a bit. I tried it my self, but just ended up horribly mutilating it.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »

Lo
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2009, 05:08:47 PM »

Nice! Beer!

I still think he needs to hold it more upright though.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2009, 05:25:47 PM »

I think that, at this point, you're just nitpicking.  Smiley

Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2009, 12:35:07 AM »

It looks like he's staring at the ground, since his head seems to be tilted forward.
If his neck followed the curve of his back it would probably look better, though that might put his head behind the scythe a bit...
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2009, 09:27:08 PM »

Speaking of nitpicking, theres an extra pixel at the bottom left of the border around his head thats bugging me.
@Rory: To make it more upright we would need to redo the whole spear twirl animation.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »

Speaking of nitpicking, theres an extra pixel at the bottom left of the border around his head thats bugging me.
Oh See Dee!

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2009, 05:10:58 PM »

@Rory: To make it more upright we would need to redo the whole spear twirl animation.

Yeah, but from what I've heard he probably wouldn't be twirling it at all.

But I'm really just nitpicking Smiley
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2009, 07:30:06 PM »

It looks like he's staring at the ground, since his head seems to be tilted forward.
If his neck followed the curve of his back it would probably look better, though that might put his head behind the scythe a bit...

Note that in that video, when the girl starts begging not to be killed he doesn't turn downward to look at her. If he's looking at her at all, it's down his nose in contempt.

Therefor I think he needs to look more like suggested by Pigbuster.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2009, 08:13:36 AM »

I decided to bump up this topic, because I made a new base sprite for Cabadath, using this as a reference:

I tried to make him more close to his original self, because I think he lost some of his coolness with the IB transition.

I changed a few things:
- He holds his weapon more like how he did in the games, I think it fits his personality more. I also replaced his weapon with something that resembles the original one more, and looks less like an axe.
- His colors now has some purple/red tone instead of blue/gray, I think it's more fitting.
- Shorter scarf, but still long enough to wave it in the wind. Also, I added 8 knobs in two rows, and a belt, like in the original art.
- His head is bigger now, to fit more with the other IB chars. His body is wider too, and he is also taller now, because he should be taller Trilby. In Yahtzee's games he's actually described as unrealistically tall.

Let me know what you think, and what to change.
Oh, and I know there's already a standing animation, but if you decide on a new base sprite, I'm willing to do the same animation for the new base sprite. I'd also like to animate some of his moves in the future.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 08:17:13 AM by Tazi » Logged

Yigguth
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »

It's mostly better, except that I liked his staff way more in the other sprite. I know you wanted to make it look more like the original source but what's wrong with a little exaggeration?
Thewaether
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2009, 12:04:05 PM »

I prefer this one. The staff looks more like the reference picture.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »

id say make it a bit taller but otherwise its good

Lo
Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »

honestly though for this being a fighting game he doesn't look all that dynamic, like you would in an actual fight to the death...

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »

Why bother making a new idle pose when the one we have is already adequate? Why not work on making a different animation for him? It'd be a waste of time and effort to re-animate the new idle you made to make it look as dynamic as the previous one. Not to sound horribly mean, and it's great that you're interested in the project but we should focus on making new sprites rather re-doing ones that suffice.
Codestar
Level 1

One man, one game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »

Well for one it would rather annoying to animate any dynamic attack animations from this sprite...

I mean he'll have to grab the pole with his other hand pretty much every animation if we do it this way.

Check out my current game project:
Mine to the sky
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2009, 07:50:25 PM »

Remember, Cabadath is just a support character. So there really aren't many other animations to consider.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic