Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 12:49:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeToday I created...
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 115
Print
Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 463054 times)
Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 04, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »

Just made a .pal file of the NES palette. Should come in handy for spriting!

Nitromatic
« Reply #1241 on: May 06, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »

I am now trying to add lenght to my OST. Now most of the songs play for 1-2 minutes! (hey, it's actually difficult to make long songs.) Lips Sealed

Now, the enviromental effects... As chiptunes.
tergem
Level 1

It's a pony!

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 06, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »

Now in my business simulator you can sell diamonds in your little mom 'n pop store.

Games made so far (completed):Spike teh dodge, Unnamed puzzle game, Galaga clone, Generic Top-Down Shooter, overly simplistic business simulator In dev: Platformer!
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 06, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »

I just finished a HUD and some pause menu stuff:

tweet tweet @j_younger
Theophilus
« Reply #1244 on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »

Yesterday, I created this:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=167.msg557328#msg557328
Nitromatic
« Reply #1245 on: May 10, 2011, 08:45:53 AM »

Gauntlet, much? Smiley Reminds me of it, looks awesome, too!
Theophilus
« Reply #1246 on: May 11, 2011, 01:01:44 PM »

Started design on this: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=19471.0
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 11, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »

I made this fuckin ssiiiiiiiiick animation of a closed portal being blasted open, and then closed back up. Click on it.

I made loads of sketches tryina get the-- device.. thing to look right, but then in the end I totally pussied out and recycled a prop from a game I never finished.
This new portal design is way better than the old one. The old one is so ametuer.
It's too big aswell and fucked everything up:

Glad I redid it all again.
HiVE
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1248 on: May 12, 2011, 03:08:14 AM »

I made this fuckin ssiiiiiiiiick animation of a closed portal being blasted open, and then closed back up.

Spent far too long clicking that multiple times to watch it open and close. Very pretty, and a good sense of 'Pow! Portal!'.

As for us; bursts and leaps and bounds of progress on this. Today was good. Smiley

Totally original and not-at-all recycled graphics. Maybe.

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1249 on: May 12, 2011, 07:40:33 AM »

I made this fuckin ssiiiiiiiiick animation of a closed portal being blasted open, and then closed back up. Click on it.

I really love the explosion effect, where the thingy explodes and you see the whispy fire and smoke. Very nice Smiley

I've been working on the multiplayer for the iPad version of my game, Greedy Bankers. I've got the score-counting mechanism all working and it checks to see who's won, but I still have a load of features to implement! Here's how it looks now.

Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 12, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »

Looks great, Alistair!  Beer!
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 12, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »

Got a video mockup done. Coffee
Nix
« Reply #1252 on: May 12, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »

That looks like it was more work than actually programming it would be
Theophilus
« Reply #1253 on: May 12, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »

Today, I actually designed my game. No programming, no worrying about graphics or sound, or whether I can pull it off.

Nope. I just designed.
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 12, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »

People design games before they make em???

That's such a crazy idea I'm gonna have to try it out one day.
Nix
« Reply #1255 on: May 12, 2011, 04:32:58 PM »

inorite?
Theophilus
« Reply #1256 on: May 12, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »

People design games before they make em???

That's such a crazy idea I'm gonna have to try it out one day.

Tongue I have a habit of jumping the gun
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1257 on: May 13, 2011, 12:40:07 AM »

Looks great, Alistair!  Beer!

Thanks very much Smiley

I really like the graphical style in particular. That's a neat little video Smiley

I thought I'd give you some feedback on my thoughts on the mockup. I hope I don't come off as too critical! The visual style is really superb, and I think this could turn out really nice. But I guess, given that it's only a mockup at the moment, this is the best time to give suggestions - I hope it helps!

I don't like the "Command>Rico>Attack>Dr. Ungood, PhD" text as it looks a little complicated. "Rico attacks Dr Ungood!" would be more readable I think. I also think it would be nice to see the back of the characters' heads, instead of representing them as text-based stats boxes. Perhaps you select your character by clicking on the character's head, and maybe their stats pop up as you hover the mouse over them. Having the attack-selection box on the opposite side of the screen seems a little odd - maybe it could pop out of the character or their stats box, next to the guy you've selected?

I wonder if drawing out stats boxes is really the way to go when you could do a lot of it with images and animations. With your obvious artistic talents it seems a shame to represent the character selection and attack selection as text boxes, where something more dynamic could be achieved using pictures and symbols. I can imagine the attacks showing up in a little bubble that rotates so that the one you choose is at the top, or something like that.

Just some ideas really, and I hope they help! I really love the visual style you're using, so it would be nice if there were ways to make it even more dynamic! Wink

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:12 AM »

I don't like the "Command>Rico>Attack>Dr. Ungood, PhD" text as it looks a little complicated. "Rico attacks Dr Ungood!" would be more readable I think.

I agree.  At the very least, if every one of your commands begins with the word "Command" then you could easily just cut out that word.  It's obvious that it's a command Wink

tweet tweet @j_younger
shadowdim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 14, 2011, 01:15:42 PM »

Today I created a shirt design, based on a Portal 2 quote.

I submitted it to 6dollarshirts.com, and ordered it for myself on another site (for 20€, which is clearly too expensive for a crappy t-shirt).
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 115
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic