Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026824 Posts in 41176 Topics- by 32778 Members - Latest Member: steusicmusic

July 25, 2014, 09:05:18 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperCreative (Moderator: John Sandoval)Today I created...
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 158
Print
Author Topic: Today I created...  (Read 276400 times)
kitheif
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1275 on: May 02, 2011, 01:34:54 AM »

A dungeon/cave generator in Game Maker based off of subliminal's post here.
First step into the world of procedural generation Tears of JoyHand Thumbs Up Right

RCIX
« Reply #1276 on: May 03, 2011, 03:07:25 PM »

Converted my project from one physics engine to another. Still has some bugs but its a big step towards some more features i plan to implement Smiley
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 03, 2011, 06:44:51 PM »

So today im9today bumped another old thread. Out of curiosity, I started looking through the really old threads on the back page, and as I was looking, that one thread by Bezzy caught my eye. Later, I come back to the forum, only to notice that he bumped that very same thread! Shock, awe, incredulity, it all came rushing in!

But I've got him now. I've figured out the method to his madness.

And in response, I made this. 

It's easy and fun! Run script, write response (a default one is copied to the clipboard for your convenience), and send it out there! Trolling is now as simple as 1-2-3! (requires Mac OS X)
im9today
« Reply #1278 on: May 03, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »

So today im9today bumped another old thread. Out of curiosity, I started looking through the really old threads on the back page, and as I was looking, that one thread by Bezzy caught my eye. Later, I come back to the forum, only to notice that he bumped that very same thread! Shock, awe, incredulity, it all came rushing in!

But I've got him now. I've figured out the method to his madness.

And in response, I made this. 

It's easy and fun! Run script, write response (a default one is copied to the clipboard for your convenience), and send it out there! Trolling is now as simple as 1-2-3! (requires Mac OS X)

who gave you this? wikileaks?
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 04, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »

who gave you this? wikileaks?

To tell the truth, Mediafire, of all places. You see, in a fit of blind aversion to research, I decided to download the entire Thompson Twins discography (just to find that one song that goes Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ow). And while looking through the .rar's afterward, I stumbled upon a little script labeled "im9today.pl". At first I was skeptical, but after reading through the source code I was amazed. It was like I had found the Holy Grail; the powerhouse behind a staple of the TIGSource community.

Unfortunately, the script didn't work, as I'm pretty sure it was tooled for an older version of SMF (the script was launching 404s like nobody's business). Also, it sadly required a missing include to what I believe generated the responses, meaning that those zany comments that we all know and love were replaced with "undef". Also also, geeze man, haven't you heard of whitespace? Just because you can compress most Perl scripts to 4 lines doesn't mean you should!

In the end I pretty much had to recode the whole thing. It's pretty evident, what with all the comments and useless lines. Heck, half of the lines in that script are just cleanup stuff to make debugging easier, and I could probably remove them without problem. And it still pains me that it's nowhere near as functional as your original script.

But what can you do...
Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1280 on: May 04, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »

The beginning of a new prototype

…and a concept sketch

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 04, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »

Just made a .pal file of the NES palette. Should come in handy for spriting!

Nitromatic
« Reply #1282 on: May 06, 2011, 09:43:19 AM »

I am now trying to add lenght to my OST. Now most of the songs play for 1-2 minutes! (hey, it's actually difficult to make long songs.) Lips Sealed

Now, the enviromental effects... As chiptunes.
tergem
Level 1

It's a pony!

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 06, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »

Now in my business simulator you can sell diamonds in your little mom 'n pop store.

Games made so far (completed):Spike teh dodge, Unnamed puzzle game, Galaga clone, Generic Top-Down Shooter, overly simplistic business simulator In dev: Platformer!
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 06, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »

I just finished a HUD and some pause menu stuff:

tweet tweet @j_younger
---
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »

Yesterday, I created this:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=167.msg557328#msg557328
Nitromatic
« Reply #1286 on: May 10, 2011, 08:45:53 AM »

Gauntlet, much? Smiley Reminds me of it, looks awesome, too!
Skomakar'n
Level 10

Ísjaki

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1287 on: May 11, 2011, 12:30:30 PM »

It has nothing to do with game making, but I've written a lot about the Northern Germanic languages (I have more nerdy interests than programming!) today. Just for fun. No assignment or anything. I just want to share my knowledge.

dum mak gam
Vatnsmyrkr, deep sea exploration: Devlog

http://royalrailway.com
RoyalRailway @ Twitter, Tumblr, Bandcamp & Facebook

Ava
---
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 11, 2011, 01:01:44 PM »

Started design on this: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=19471.0
I_smell
Level 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #1289 on: May 11, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »

I made this fuckin ssiiiiiiiiick animation of a closed portal being blasted open, and then closed back up. Click on it.

I made loads of sketches tryina get the-- device.. thing to look right, but then in the end I totally pussied out and recycled a prop from a game I never finished.
This new portal design is way better than the old one. The old one is so ametuer.
It's too big aswell and fucked everything up:

Glad I redid it all again.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 158
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic