Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:27:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsCockpit CompetitionDetective Crash [Finished]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Detective Crash [Finished]  (Read 6941 times)
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »

My last compo entry was exhaustingly terrible to say the least, so I didn't want to commit to this compo until I was sure that I could get something created not so embarassing.

And so here is my last-minute submission idea that I started two days ago and am currently working to finish for this Sunday!

Title: Detective Crash
Description: A mystery-solving game that places you inside the scene of the accident and you must figure out the who, when, where, and how it happened.

Update:
Game is playable now at http://www.programexperts.com/projectspage/detective-crash/
(Requires Microsoft Silverlight)

I'd like to polish it up more throughout the week but for now I'll consider it finished for the compo's purposes.

Screenshots:
- Start -

- Main Cockpit -

- Radio Log -

- Map -

- Submit -
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:09:06 AM by twohalf » Logged
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »

Update:
Just checking in with a screenshot to my cockpit above =)
Fuzz
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 03:29:40 PM »

Now you have a whole extra week!
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:07:47 PM »

Cool, thanks! Smiley Well the main competition page still says tomorrow midnight so I'd like to at least get a playable build by the original deadline, but then I'll be able to polish it up over the next week (and sleep).
Fuzz
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:24:28 PM »

There's nothing wrong with getting something playable out tomorrow, but here it is, straight from the horse's mouth- "Sure, an extension sounds good!"
 Gentleman
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »

Whew! Sleep is nice...
I ran into a design bug in one of the tools I'm using that was causing a huge amounts of memory allocation so I've got a workaround now, which doesn't look as good but works until I find something better.

Just a little over 2 hours before the original deadline so here is another screenshot of the game so far!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:10:01 PM by twohalf » Logged
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »

I like mysteries. I'll be keeping an eye on your game.

twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 10:38:39 PM »

Okay, stopping here for the night since I have to be at work early tomorrow.
A running version of the Cockpit is available here: http://www.programexperts.com/projectspage/

Right now there's no music/SFX and the submit button doesn't do anything yet. =)
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »

Game is complete!
I'm going to keep on polishing it up a bit over the week but for now, it's a playable game.

Link is here: http://www.programexperts.com/projectspage/detective-crash/
(also on first post)
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 03:08:17 AM »

Credits intro added =)

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 07:49:18 AM »

Making a point of commenting on every game I played. Simple game. Quick. Not unpleasant, but hard to get excited about. Not much interactivity or puzzle solving. I'm no looking for an escape the room, but a key hidden on the floor to open a lunchbox to find a clue would have been welcome.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
twohalf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 08:21:06 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! =)
I originally wanted to make it so that you can click on every part on there, like the windshields to allow you to look outside and hopefully I'll find time to do that after this competition.
I also added a few hints and [I think] clearer instructions on the page to help people get started because I got a few comments about not knowing what to do.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic