Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:01:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesiOS recommendations
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Print
Author Topic: iOS recommendations  (Read 81220 times)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2014, 07:50:30 PM »

Dream Quest is hands down one of the ugliest commercial games ive ever played, but damn is it good. and it's not really like anything else. it's a cross between a deckbuilding game and a "roguelike"(likelikelikelike).

basically you crawl through single screen dungeon floors while engaging in card based battled with enemies, building your deck and leveling up. it's very difficult too, lots of tough decisions about which cards to take and so on. also because enemies have different resistances and special abilities, you're going to get your ass kicked pretty hard if you try to base your deck around a single OP combo (as is so often the case with deckbuilders). you have to keep it flexible.

it's really strange tho, because contrary to what the "babbys first game maker game" graphics would have u believe, the UI design, the music and even the writing are all pretty good (this is not ur standard fantasy schlock).
yeah, this is probably going to be my goty as far as ios games go. i fell off the desert golfing train, but this is the game i keep coming back to. up there with 868 for me.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 18, 2014, 08:55:02 AM »

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id562550427?mt=8

Helix, new game by michael brough. Not played yet but seeing as his games have a strong tendency to own hard, im confident that this one is good as well
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: October 26, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »

god helix is so good.

brough is my favorite game designer i think

nikwin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 26, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »

Helix is amazing.
joeyspacerocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #424 on: October 27, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »

Yup, Helix is incredibly addictive!

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 27, 2014, 06:03:10 AM »

not as gud as 868 but still ver ynice
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: October 27, 2014, 09:11:37 AM »

Dream Quest is hands down one of the ugliest commercial games ive ever played, but damn is it good. and it's not really like anything else. it's a cross between a deckbuilding game and a "roguelike"(likelikelikelike).

basically you crawl through single screen dungeon floors while engaging in card based battled with enemies, building your deck and leveling up. it's very difficult too, lots of tough decisions about which cards to take and so on. also because enemies have different resistances and special abilities, you're going to get your ass kicked pretty hard if you try to base your deck around a single OP combo (as is so often the case with deckbuilders). you have to keep it flexible.

it's really strange tho, because contrary to what the "babbys first game maker game" graphics would have u believe, the UI design, the music and even the writing are all pretty good (this is not ur standard fantasy schlock).

Wow, you weren't kidding about the graphics.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 27, 2014, 05:29:14 PM »

http://toucharcade.com/2014/10/27/king-of-dragon-pass-developers-working-on-spiritual-successor-six-ages/

holy shit YES!

king of dragon pass is probably my most played ios gam and this makes me very very happy
Matousen_
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 05, 2014, 09:41:41 AM »

Minecraft of course!

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: February 20, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »

auro is so good holy crap

CrayderStudios
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2015, 03:09:53 AM »

I enjoyed Reaper quite a lot. It had a strong visual identity and some neat character building mechanics. Ended up reaching the level cap and dropped some dollars to get more content. Well deserved I feel.

https://itunes.apple.com/my/app/reaper-tale-pale-swordsman/id698299228?mt=8

bennewhouse
Level 0

I invest in games. No seriously, I do!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: March 12, 2015, 05:27:26 AM »

if you like turn-based, my absolute favorite iOS game is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ravenmark-scourge-estellion/id478016806?mt=8

It has some really cool mechanics like formations & flanking, limited order points & ongoing orders, issuing all orders and then waiting to see what happens with (slightly) randomized initiative...

oh and I should mention it's about 50 hours long. I thought it was really worth it.

Ben Newhouse
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: March 20, 2015, 04:43:11 PM »

. And I am thinking, hey! There are games for the iPod Touch! I could play games, on the plane, on the iPod Touch!

But unfortunately in my month of tooling I have yet to find a game for the iPhone, lite or otherwise, that I can believe would hold my attention for more than four minutes (except for this one fantastic free game called "Trace"... but I already beat that). But! I haven't looked very hard.
Thanks!

866-Hack & Corrypt by Michael Borough : roguelike & brilliant puzzle adventure
Microtone & English Country Tune by increpare & Monument Valley : non-euclidian escheresque puzzles
Badland - hilarious physicsy action game. Slight puzzle elements? Beautiful and very fun (multiply your character, shrink them etc. Co-op & competitive MP)
Framed - swipe comic book style panels to rearrange the noir story. Excellent.
rRootage - all you can eat SHMUP. Free, great controls, 4 different popular game mechanics imitated, wonderful bullet hell without the BS interfaces that plague most.
Polyfauna - ambient interactive music thing by Radiohead
Duet - arcade game with clever mechanic
Circadia - ambient(?) puzzle / timing game
Catch 22 - clever arcade game.
Quantum Pilot  - SHMUP where the enemy copies how you killed them (disclaimer: I wrote this one and it's incredibly fun)

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 21, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »

http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/20/civcrafter-trailer/

aaaaaaaaaah if this game is anything like i imagine it is, itll probably get me run over by a car because i wont be able to look up from my phone. RIP me.
JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: April 05, 2015, 04:55:10 PM »

Steven Universe: Attack the Light.

A cross between steven universe and Paper Mario. Its great. Check out the trailer

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 06, 2015, 01:16:29 AM »

http://toucharcade.com/2015/03/20/civcrafter-trailer/

aaaaaaaaaah if this game is anything like i imagine it is, itll probably get me run over by a car because i wont be able to look up from my phone. RIP me.

btw this game is pretty nice but its competitive and extremely pay to win, so that kinda sours it for me :/
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: April 06, 2015, 12:54:16 PM »

ios games i have enjoyed recently:
auro: probably my favorite ios game since 868-HACK. lots of emergent play. cool single player ranking system. if you like games like 868 or hoplite you owe it to yourself to get auro.
bean dreams: the sequel to bean's quest. the best 2d platformer on the system. your character is always jumping, you just move him left or right. small, focused levels focusing on different design elements. like super mario galaxy 2 kinda. or super mario 3 now that i think of it.
particle mace: arena shooter(?) where instead of shooting you swing a mace around your ship, kind of like hammerfall if you've played that. perfect one-hand portrait orientation play.
piyomori: japanese reverse-jenga with baby birds. it's free and fun, get it nerds.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: April 06, 2015, 03:10:06 PM »

Hey Auro sounds fun, checking it out!

I'm enjoying King of Thieves. The gimmicky mechanics aren't bad, just means I can't play as much as I want (refuse to shell out).

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 06, 2015, 03:15:08 PM »

bean dreams: the sequel to bean's quest. the best 2d platformer on the system. your character is always jumping, you just move him left or right. small, focused levels focusing on different design elements. like super mario galaxy 2 kinda. or super mario 3 now that i think of it.

have you played goblin sword? thats my fave ios plataforma. also one of the few games where virtual buttons work really well (better than in kero blaster imo, sorry pixel)

will check out bean dreams tho
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: April 06, 2015, 07:39:09 PM »

I bought it but ended up uninstalling it for some reason. Reinstalling now tho

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic