Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 11:42:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2308704 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:50:58 PM »

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:  Mock Anger

General is suffering under the colonial burden of THREAD POLLUTION!!!  Gentleman, it is time for us to do battle with this steam powered threat, and BREAK THE STEAM PIPE OF ITS OPPRESSION!!!  Gentleman

As a long time fighter of thread pollution (you may remember the classic "post funny shit here" thread), this new wave of "spam" must be defeated, so the weak, yet wise threads that come here may see sunlight and grow into the beautiful flowers that they are.

BUT THERE ARE THINGS WE WANT TO SAY!!!  AND THREADS ARE FOR SAYING THINGS!!!
  This is why THREAD POLLUTION is such a cunning menace...it knows our weakness...

But gentlemen, I KNOW ITS WEAKNESS!!!  THIS THREAD!!!  Post here, tell your short stories, ask your small questions, FIGHT THE POWER!!!  Hand Point Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Apoplectic

EDIT: Just to be clear, the bold caps are for comedic effect, hilarious shouting, not mean shouting.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 06:53:05 PM by Capntastic » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 02:00:17 PM »

First off!

IT'S = it is
ITS = the possessive of it (something that is owned by it)

I normally don't mind since if it's just once it's a typo, but if it happens twice in succession it's probably not knowing the distinction.

Second off!

This is what moderators are for. Maybe we need more of them? Melly seems to be doing everything himself. I suggest Bennett for moderator, he's fairly fair.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

Derek should pick any new moderators and Derek alone. He seems to know his shit and if he were to pick one I knew he'd do the job right.

Or Melly could just pick one, because I like Melly.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »

First off!

IT'S = it is
ITS = the possessive of it (something that is owned by it)
I know which is right, I just mess it up unintentionally way too often...fixing now.

Derek should pick any new moderators and Derek alone. He seems to know his shit and if he were to pick one I knew he'd do the job right.
Yes.  And who said this had to be done by mods?  (Probably a conspirator!  Shocked)
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 02:11:52 PM »

Well personally I think Derek should make me a mod because I'm a clamoring whiny baby. Give me power over other whiny babies! I'm a gay baby! This pacifier has evil intentions! Whoa! Droppin' fireballs like the towering inferno bitch!!!
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 02:12:10 PM »

Nobody said it has to be mods, but there's nothing any of us can do about cleaning thread pollution that is not our own, and those that pollute threads regularly are not exactly Captain Planets, so will take no heed of this message.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 02:13:20 PM »

Well personally I think Derek should make me a mod because I'm a clamoring whiny baby. Give me power over other whiny babies! I'm a gay baby! This pacifier has evil intentions! Whoa! Droppin' fireballs like the towering inferno bitch!!!

I agree that Super Joe would make a great moderator, but only when he's not high on stevia water.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 02:14:10 PM »

I can't pick moderators. The Derek did not bless us with such power.

I hereby state that all threads that are stupid will be sent to Hades. If the creator contests it and gives a good argument I might return it. Yes, I can return them. Do'nt ask how.

Such knowledge has been forbidden to be exposed by the Almighty Martha. All hail Martha, for she is Death, destroyer of worlds.

She also does some great interior designs.  Hand Thumbs Up LeftPanda

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »

Nobody said it has to be mods, but there's nothing any of us can do about cleaning thread pollution that is not our own, and those that pollute threads regularly are not exactly Captain Planets, so will take no heed of this message.
I wouldn't have created this if I agreed with that pessimistic sentiment.  TIGers are better than that.  Gentleman
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »

MAR! THA!

MAR! THA!

MAR! THA!

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 02:18:31 PM »

Okay, now shut up with the Martha idolizing. Let this thread be now open to random posts that do not deserve their own threads.

Renton
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 02:19:30 PM »

YOUR and YOU'RE are different things! As are THEIR and THERE! I'M LOOKING AT YOU, NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS WHO CAN'T SPELL!

ALSO: No LOLs, ROFLs and such. And no 4chan memes. Many of us here can not stand them. And NO HUGE GRAPHIC SIGNATURES!
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »

cave story is bad. well, that's my piece.
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »

But you made it.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 02:22:20 PM »

If you have really really low expectations of everything you'll almost always be pleasantly surprised.

I do not like this smiley Corny Laugh. It shames me.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »

Hi, I'm Tanner and I support this thread.

Does anyone else think grilled cheese sandwiches are delicious?
They are my favorite.

Jad
Level 8

Bomb Boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 02:43:58 PM »

YOUR and YOU'RE are different things! As are THEIR and THERE! I'M LOOKING AT YOU, NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS WHO CAN'T SPELL!

ALSO: No LOLs, ROFLs and such. And no 4chan memes. Many of us here can not stand them. And NO HUGE GRAPHIC SIGNATURES!

YOU ARE WRONG! Not about first thing OBVIOUSLY can't stand those misspellings seriously what is wrong with that anyway.

BUT THE SECOND ONE WHAT THE HECK. You can fight the faggotry that is the ingnorance and complete apathy that is /b/ posting but the ACTUAL stupid jokes that come out of it, can you please just stand them for a while. I think shoop da woop face is hilarious because it's SUDDEN INAPPROPRIATE BLACKFACE that shoots LASER. And for some reason the whole phenomenon is called SHOOP DA WOOP. It breaks my brain and then my brain is broken and happy.

There are lots of inappropriate things that are fun and this seriously just one of them.

On the other hand I think everything that involves laser is cool so whatever.

BUT YES I still agree and that's what annoys me. Just accepting the /b/ness and just saying YEAH THAT MINDSET IS A-OK AHUH GUYS is something I never want but please let people use some harmless rofls and zomglols and whatnot, goddamnit, that's not what defines a person anyways. D: RAGE
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 02:44:54 PM »

With or without a single tomato slice?
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 02:48:46 PM »

tomatoes are doubleplus undelicious.

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 03:04:16 PM »

websites for the grammatically righteous

Mock Anger Hand Shake Right www.loseloose.com Hand Shake Left Mock Anger

Mock Anger Hand Shake Right www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com Hand Shake Left Mock Anger

or depending on how you look at it, websites for the terminally pedantic.

olücæbelel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic