Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:11:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2311829 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: March 04, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »

Not where I got stuck it in the Humble Bundle version it didn't. Considering that I really didn't like the fundamental mechanic of how you move, exploring was pretty much torture in a game that's all about exploring.

But different strokes for different folks I guess.
ya the controls were what held it back for me as well. never got quite comfortable with them. i also felt they made the boss battles harder than they actually were. shame because the visuals, music, level design and general atmosphere are pretty great and the mechanics are solid.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10241 on: March 04, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »

(And I think it's possible to put Windows/Ubuntu running in an Apple computer)
Ya but it only works with Apple's official Boot Camp tool. They could theoretically pull the plug on that anytime. I wouldn't be so sure about the gaming thing either. If Valve's Steam Box "console" catches on, it could change PC gaming in a major way.

You could argue that the App Store is equivalent to Linux' repositories...
You could but you would be wrong. AFAIK anyone can set up their own repo whereas the Appstore is exclusively run by one company and people can't publish stuff on there without having it approved by Apple first. Right now the Appstore is optional but they're taking more and more steps towards making it the only way to install software on your Mac.

idk maybe I'm just pessimistic

Boot Camp is not the only way, actually! There are third party boot tools that work excellently at multi-booting. Once you do this to get Linux on your machine I believe it's also possible to get the grub boot loader going, so it's not that bad at the moment.

Also: pretty spot on about the app store. There's also the fact the Apple restricts what level of system access apps have, only allowing certain API access, etc. "Sandboxing". Which makes sense from the point of view that the App Store is meant to be a secure, 100% trustworthy place to buy apps. But when Apple starts preventing people from installing apps from OTHER sources? that's where things get really messy.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10242 on: March 04, 2012, 03:18:20 PM »

"In January, we posted a rumor citing a reliable inside source at Capcom who told us Resident Evil 6 was coming. The game would allegedly feature both Chris Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy as the main protaganists, as well as a happy mix between classic small-town survival horror and the franchise’s more recent action-oriented gameplay. Officially, PR told us, “Capcom has made no announcements.

Now our same inside source is telling us that Darkstalkers 4 has been in the works since last year, with Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter X Tekken producer Yoshinori Ono at the helm. The unannounced fighter would use a modified version of the SF X Tekken engine, which itself is modified off of the Street Fighter IV engine.

Principal development on SF X Tekken was said to be complete towards the end of 2011, which is when Ono supposedly shifted his attention to Darkstalkers."

Darkstalkers 4? Hell yes! Street Fighter IV engine? Hell no! Cry

i dont have uch hope. darkstalkers move animations are usually about crazy mass morphing. with 3d, that woud require crazy amount of models or polygn trnasformation.

Kramlack
« Reply #10243 on: March 04, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:56:10 PM by Kramlack » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10244 on: March 04, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »

I presume ELena is DLC or smth?

Kramlack
« Reply #10245 on: March 04, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »

There's 12 PS Vita exclusive characters. They've already been confirmed to be coming to the console version but without a date, the Vita version isn't due out til' August if I remember correctly.

This guy (who is apparently the same one that found Jill and Shuma on the MvC3 disc) already found the prologues for all the exclusive Vita characters, has one of them (Elena) working, and is trying to get some more going. Apparently Blanka is giving him a tough time, leading some to believe that in fact, all the characters aren't actually finished.

That's what I know of the situation so far.

EDIT:

EDIT2: Word from the guy is that all the characters are there and fully playable. It'll take some time to get the videos out, but apparently we should have videos of all 12 characters within a weeks time.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:56:19 PM by Kramlack » Logged
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: March 04, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »

It's very non-linear, which can be annoying if you pick a harder boss to fight early on. I went to the palace first and got my ass handed to me a few times until I went to an easier area to get more healing items.
doesn't it have like a thingy on the map screen pointing you to the next area?

There are blips indicating exits to new maps, but once you complete the first dungeon and reach open ocean you literally can go in every direction. A few areas are blocked off and require you to collect new forms to reach them, but otherwise you have at least two different upgrades you could try for at any time and a lot of open areas to explore for non-progression items to collect. For example, right when you reach open ocean you can either explore the kelp forest or the palace, or you can look for hidden areas in the Open Ocean. It can get extremely frustrating if you happen to go to the palace first because the monsters there are much more powerful than the forest.
leonelc29
« Reply #10247 on: March 04, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »

okay, you guys just make me impatient. i would just get the game right Crazy now!
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10248 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »

Holy crap. This is incredible.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10249 on: March 05, 2012, 05:35:01 AM »

I had a similar setup to that for my game Wonder Lost. The main engine just kept track of where things were and drew them to the screen, and most of the logic was controlled by LUA scripts. I'd have the game running on one side of the screen and the game editor on the other. I'd make changes to the script in the editor and they'd take effect in the game immediately so I could try stuff out. His setup does have a bit more functionality than mine did with his time manipulation stuff. It's good for experimenting and prototyping, but it's not really necessary if you already have a good game design.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:10:34 AM by Oddball » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: March 05, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »

The level design of xenoblade is really well done, it also succeed at doing the fun mix of open world + linear level design, it has density, good point of interest, great progression, great enemy scattering, varying gameplay, really good level design, it's particularly impressive when you are a level 10 on the second field and your first point of interest is a massive lv80 enemy roaming the land. I have spend 20hours in the game and most of them was just having fun in the second field.

ASide from that, inconsequential as hell rpg junk everywhere (collect everything that have no use except resell), fun fighting system, generic as hell story.

In conclusion everything zelda's overworld field should be at minimum (ie minus secret passage and item lock passage/place). Zelda is a dead franchise.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: March 05, 2012, 10:58:54 AM »

The level design of xenoblade is really well done, it also succeed at doing the fun mix of open world + linear level design, it has density, good point of interest, great progression, great enemy scattering, varying gameplay, really good level design, it's particularly impressive when you are a level 10 on the second field and your first point of interest is a massive lv80 enemy roaming the land. I have spend 20hours in the game and most of them was just having fun in the second field.
it also makes some great use of the 3d space and almost everything you see is accessible in some way. it's the only jrpg i know of that has falling deaths. basically i'd say it picks up where old-school jrpgs left off before they became "cinematic" railroad crap, with a big overworld map, lots of sidequests and a linear progression that is implied but not strictly enforced, and updates that with the innovations made by mmos and bethesda's sandbox rpgs. or something.

it's an excellent game i don't mind the "generic setting."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:04:06 AM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
st33d
« Reply #10252 on: March 05, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »

Heeeeey!

Welcome back Gimmy!  Smiley Hand Shake Right
skn3
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10253 on: March 06, 2012, 03:44:27 AM »

I put up some ebay auctions yesterday and thought Id post one link here to one of the auctions. I don't usually post ebay spam links in any forums, but considering tigsource is heavily about games I thought some people here might be interested in this particular one...

It is an official DREAMCAST arcade stick that is converted to work on the pc. I did the conversion myself and have got a lot of use out of it, but haven't used it for a while now so passing it on to a lucky owner. If you are interested just place a bid

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140717057433
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: March 06, 2012, 05:52:56 AM »

I admire your cheek, I wouldn't dare plug my EDGE videogame postcards that I'm flogging on ebay.
skn3
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10255 on: March 06, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »

hahaha well I wasnt sure considering my newbie status here, so I guess I will probably face any wrath coming to me.. either that or it will goto a good home and all will be happy in the world!
leonelc29
« Reply #10256 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:29 AM »

okay, just get Aquaria, and kinda like it. i think the problem with the control is on keyboard and mouse. i don't really like it so i just use joypad. anyway, pretty interesting game.
Birdorf
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: March 06, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »

To anyone who is interested, Edge have announced that the theme of their upcoming Unity contest is 'Edge'.
http://www.edge-online.com/features/enter-edge-create-challenge-2012
3 pro licences up for grabs, plus a trip to Amsterdam for the winners.
Closes April 17.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10258 on: March 06, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: March 06, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »

can you replace the joystick with a hotdog
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic