Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:55:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2326874 times)
Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10880 on: April 18, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »

slaps sounds like a pussy version of knuckles

because it totally is
Am I the only one who played Quarter Knuckles?
Spin a quarter, each of you takes turns to flick the coin to keep it spinning, the one who knocks down the coin then has to put their knuckles flat on the table, their opponent gets to then fling/slide the quarter into your knuckles.
I had some serious chunks taken out of my knuckles as a kid from that damn quarter game.

Guess so...  Facepalm
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:31:49 AM by Bones » Logged

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

PaleFox
« Reply #10881 on: April 18, 2012, 04:52:05 PM »

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10882 on: April 19, 2012, 07:04:30 AM »

because it totally is
Spin a quarter, each of you takes turns to flick the coin to keep it spinning, the one who knocks down the coin then has to put their knuckles flat on the table, their opponent gets to then fling/slide the quarter into your knuckles.
I had some serious chunks taken out of my knuckles as a kid from that damn quarter game.

Guess so...  Facepalm
That was wide entertainment in upper elementary school when I was 13-15. I never played it though. And it was banned by school after tables were covered with blood pools Tongue

JWK5
« Reply #10883 on: April 19, 2012, 07:33:30 AM »

We had a little game in wood shop where everyone puts in a dollar and then lines up at the belt sander. The first person in line lifts up their shirt exposing their chest and stomach at the end of the belt sander and the next person puts a penny (or whatever coin you got) on it and holds it there for a second and then lets it fly into the stomach/chest of the person standing there. You basically keep going until there is one man left standing who claims all of the money everyone put in.

What made the game brutal is that eventually that coin gets sanded down on the edges which become very sharp and the coin itself starts to heat up from all that friction, so eventually you start getting cuts and surface burns. I've still got scars from it to this day.

On another note, the 3D mechanic in Fez had strongly reminded me of another game since the first time I saw it but I couldn't put my finger on it. As I was playing Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver it clicked (it was the Soul Reaver games, though bear in mind I am saying "reminded of" not "copied" or "the same").

Soul Reaver had a similar notion of switching around the environment, though it did so in a much different way (rather than shifting perspectives on a 2D plane the world bends and twists depending on whether you are in the Spectral Realm or the physical world).

I always thought it'd be cool to see a Soul Reaver-esque game on the DS, where on one screen you see the physical world and on the other screen you see the same view but in the spectral realm. When you shift realms you drop down (or get pulled up) onto the other screen.

Anyways, these are just some random musings.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:11:25 AM by JWK5 » Logged
Erinock
« Reply #10884 on: April 19, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »

Gentleman Righty o
Nix
« Reply #10885 on: April 19, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »

What made the game brutal is that eventually that coin gets sanded down on the edges which become very sharp and the coin itself starts to heat up from all that friction, so eventually you start getting cuts and surface burns. I've still got scars from it to this day.

Did you... have a teacher?
Erinock
« Reply #10886 on: April 19, 2012, 04:41:36 PM »

Hand Pencil < I always thought this was a penis
JWK5
« Reply #10887 on: April 19, 2012, 06:42:49 PM »

Did you... have a teacher?
A lot of people were making bongs in wood shop pretty much out in the open and he seemed to acknowledge it. He was in and out of the classroom a lot (which was separated from the main school building), possibly making use of said bongs lol.

As awful of a teacher as he might sound he was actually one of the best teachers I ever had, I think he understood most of us had it rough and coming from bad neighborhoods and his class was a sort of sanctuary to us all. Music was always playing, people were always chatting it up, playing their GameBoys, etc. but ironically pretty much everyone did the work he assigned us.

I rarely ever payed attention in school and pretty much despised it, I spent most of my school time just drawing. Generally if a teacher noticed I was drawing and not taking notes they'd come by, snatch the drawing, and from there I assume they trashed it. But the wood shop teacher would come by and look at the drawing and say "That's pretty cool." and then go on about his daily routine. I think that's why whenever he assigned us something to build I put every ounce of artistic finesse I could muster into it.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: April 19, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »

Woodshop was my favorite class. My professor was the opposite of what JWK5 described. He was tired of students who treated woodshop as a goof off class, treated the tools like toys until they injured themselves, and generally acted like the teachers ought to let them do whatever they liked. That made me want to work hard, fly right, and really try to impress him. While the others would use sanding as an excuse to talk, or ask to make ridiculous things based off of drugs or trash culture, I'd make sure I was putting my full effort into cleaning up my project, learning about new techniques for undercuts or wood paneling, and generally trying to be a star student.

Later in life he would help me find my first professional job after college, and I would help him do marketing for an art gallery he and his wife set up after he retired from teaching classes.
JWK5
« Reply #10889 on: April 19, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »

Between our two experiences I'd say the common thread and what defines a good teacher is one who cares about their students.
ink.inc
« Reply #10890 on: April 19, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »

the amount of 'like' i had for a teacher was directly proportional to the amount of work i put into a given class
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: April 19, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »

because it totally is

Guess so...  Facepalm

I used to play that game as well, we called it Blood Knuckles, which is probably a much more accurate title.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10892 on: April 20, 2012, 02:36:42 AM »

Hand Any KeyWaaagh!Hand Joystick
Erinock
« Reply #10893 on: April 20, 2012, 04:23:19 AM »

Hand Any KeyWaaagh!Hand Joystick

So much yummy blood  Evil
Ashkin
« Reply #10894 on: April 20, 2012, 02:09:49 PM »

Welp, I passed 4000 posts. Maybe this is a sign I should go find something better to do with my time.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10895 on: April 20, 2012, 03:25:04 PM »

So this guy is hassling my sisters and has been text bombing me just about every day for a week now.
I got about 150 texts of the same thing this morning.

Here's his number.

Have fun, Internet.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10896 on: April 20, 2012, 03:30:53 PM »

put it in 4chan.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10897 on: April 20, 2012, 04:09:03 PM »

put it in 4chan.

I endorse this notion.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: April 20, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »

Can't this be resolved in a civil way through official channels; for example reporting this individual to the police for harassment?

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Ashkin
« Reply #10899 on: April 20, 2012, 04:53:24 PM »

Have some humanity Concerned
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic