Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:03:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2312160 times)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: November 26, 2012, 08:55:04 PM »

I don't do nova, I only do quasar and black hole

Finally somebody around here who has standards!
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13281 on: November 26, 2012, 10:08:24 PM »

Has anyone else seen this Paddle thing?
It's claiming that it's going to change how you buy digital crap. The site is vague.
But I'm interested.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: November 26, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »

i go on their website and the very first thing they do is beg me for my email to spam?

smells like a fast startup death, they arent going to be changing anything any time soon
GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: November 26, 2012, 10:46:27 PM »

I beat the original Castlevania today.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
Ant
« Reply #13284 on: November 27, 2012, 02:18:49 AM »

Paddle are going to solve the horrible problem of "digital content being segmented across hundreds of different stores" by creating a new store. It's going to be brilliant.

" pay them up front for rights" would be the best solution, you can also search for royalty free music if your budget is limited

Cheers yeah that's what I figured.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13285 on: November 27, 2012, 04:03:13 AM »

Paddle are going to solve the horrible problem of "digital content being segmented across hundreds of different stores" by creating a new store. It's going to be brilliant.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13286 on: November 27, 2012, 06:02:00 AM »

Maybe it's a metastore that lists all over stores. Remember meta search engines back before the big G? >_>
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: November 27, 2012, 06:37:06 AM »

Maybe it's a metastore that lists all over stores. Remember meta search engines back before the big G? >_>
That's...
Not a terrible idea actually.
Except, I imagine, the issue of organizing all that data

Think happy thoughts.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: November 27, 2012, 07:28:58 AM »

Has anyone else seen this Paddle thing?
It's claiming that it's going to change how you buy digital crap. The site is vague.
But I'm interested.
oh cool a site that tells me absolutely nothing but asks for my email anyway. those are my favorite. Hand Thumbs Up Left
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13289 on: November 27, 2012, 12:01:04 PM »

Isn't that basically http://www.google.com/shopping ...

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13290 on: November 27, 2012, 12:16:06 PM »

Isn't that basically http://www.google.com/shopping ...

I dunno, do they list online game distributors like Steam?  I don't see anything like that here, only physical products.
johnpaulroth
Level 0

GTag - MiowaraTomokato

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13291 on: November 27, 2012, 12:34:35 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is John Roth and I like to review Xbox Indie Games along with some PC games and some big budget Xbox games. You can find my reviews here:

http://johnpaulroth.blogspot.com

Until recently I've been trying to use GameFAQs to try and spread the word about my reviews and try to help boost sales for the indie games I review. But it would appear some of the users there found me to be too annoying. I got a lot of positive feedback from people there, and I've been trying to run some contests to help drum up additional support for the games I've been reviewing, but when someone flags a post there, the mods generally don't investigate.

I'm actually quite sick of GameFAQs anyway. I've met some cool people there, but it's disappointing that I'd get an adverse reaction for trying to be supportive of the indie community on Xbox Live by running contest to win Microsoft Points and free indie games, all at my own cost. I don't mind, because 20 or 30 bucks a month isn't that big a deal, and I'm having a lot of fun writing my reviews and interacting with other gamers.

So I've been coming to Tigsource for awhile and decided to see if you guys might have any interest in what I do. If so, what can I do to be the least annoying as possible? Would you guys be interested in contests to win free indie games and Microsoft Points, or just reading reviews for the latest Indie Games on Xbox Live?

I'm an aspiring author with a blog about video games. If you visit my blog, please leave a comment!
http://johnpaulroth.blogspot.com/
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: November 27, 2012, 12:44:45 PM »

If you're only doing stuff for xbox indie games then god help you.
johnpaulroth
Level 0

GTag - MiowaraTomokato

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13293 on: November 27, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »

If you're only doing stuff for xbox indie games then god help you.

No, I do other things, but I focus on the indie games. I've done reviews for Binding of Isaac, Borderlands 2 DLC, Spelunky, and Kingdom of Loathing. I would be entirely willing to review other games as I can, but my laptop is not great and honestly... I haven't really had anyone ask yet.

I'm an aspiring author with a blog about video games. If you visit my blog, please leave a comment!
http://johnpaulroth.blogspot.com/
Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13294 on: November 27, 2012, 01:54:32 PM »

Ah, no, you're right -- I think it's just physical products.

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: November 27, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

it wouldnt matter if they had the best idea in the world

putting an account-register wall to even find out what the fuck their sites does is one of the lowest tier rookie mistakes startups can make. They've been live for at least a week too, so either theyre not paying any attention to analytics or are too scrub to realize what's wrong.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: November 27, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »

Wii U final specs has been unveil, It's a 3 core WII cpu ... Okay now the wii U is like 6 GameCube duct tapes but with a GPGPU apparently ...  Durr...?

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: November 27, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »

putting an account-register wall to even find out what the fuck their sites does is one of the lowest tier rookie mistakes startups can make. They've been live for at least a week too, so either theyre not paying any attention to analytics or are too scrub to realize what's wrong.

Or enough people are signing up anyway (just log in with facebook!) that they're meeting the numbers required to fit their business plan.

But yeah, the fact there isn't even an about page (and the game box covers are so faded I didn't notice them until I looked closer) left me to wait and see if they show up in the news elsewhere before I give them an e-mail.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: November 27, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »

Wii U final specs has been unveil, It's a 3 core WII cpu ... Okay now the wii U is like 6 GameCube duct tapes but with a GPGPU apparently ...  Durr...?
Do you have a source? Not being snarky or fanboyish, I legitimately am interested in reading what the specs are, and google isn't showing me any info that wasn't available weeks ago

Think happy thoughts.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13299 on: November 27, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »

I um. well . i . uh. used my referral link there. that's why it. did that. Embarrassed
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic