Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:45:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2327382 times)
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: December 17, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »

Kid Icarus is my personal fave... but I couldn't say anything bad OoT 3D (if you haven't played it already).

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13641 on: December 17, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »

3D Land and Crashmo are my two favorite games on the 3DS, so those are good choices.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: December 17, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »

Kid Icarus and Pilotwings are the two I have.

Kid Icarus is fantastic, with lots of levels and a great weapon building mechanic. The only possible downside is a lot of the replay value comes from cranking up the difficulty and replaying levels to get better weapons, and from the multiplayer. If neither of those interest you you'll lose out on a big chunk of content.

Pilotwings is great if you absolutely loved Pilotwings 64. Same idea, new missions. The relatively small size of the island is the only potential downside. If you didn't care for the 64 game, the 3DS one won't thrill you either. It's not a killer ap, but it's a great game.

I also picked up Pushmo for download and loved it. It's a great puzzle game for reasonably cheap.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: December 17, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »

If you haven't played OOT or are down to play it again, then OOT.
Otherwise, I really recommend Mario

Think happy thoughts.
ClayB
« Reply #13644 on: December 18, 2012, 12:56:36 AM »

these forums are really cool
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13645 on: December 18, 2012, 01:12:35 AM »

Debatable
Noogai03
Level 6

WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13646 on: December 18, 2012, 01:14:40 AM »

I can't seem to upload an avatar: I get an error every time...

So long and thanks for all the pi
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: December 18, 2012, 01:17:58 AM »

I just realized I need to stop playing league of legends that much...

The cake is a pie!!!
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #13648 on: December 18, 2012, 01:48:14 AM »

I can't seem to upload an avatar: I get an error every time...
You have to upload the avatar to something like imgur, and then use the link as the avatar source.

Dear God Derek really need to (at least) make a note on how to upload avatars...
ink.inc
« Reply #13649 on: December 18, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »

league of legends is a game for self hating nerds who wish to inflict pain and suffering upon themselves and others

(ie me)

be a man and uninstall

(at least until they buff akali again)
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13650 on: December 18, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »

(at least until john can just face roll the keyboard and get 1600 elo again)

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
clockwrk_routine
« Reply #13651 on: December 18, 2012, 03:49:37 PM »

thought this was a good read it's on breaking habits and forming better ones
http://blogs.plos.org/neurotribes/2012/03/20/breaking-the-habits-that-enslave-us-qa-with-charles-duhigg/

I think when most people think about changing their habits, they focus on the problematic behavior, on changing the habit itself. But there’s only so much willpower we can expend in a day. When someone says to themselves, “OK, I’ve got to get in shape,” that’s an almost insurmountable mountain. But if you focus on the cues and rewards, making a change is more manageable. We know from studies that almost all cues — the stimuli that elicit the habitual behavior — fall into one of five categories. It’s time of day, or a certain place, or a certain emotion, or the presence of certain people, or a preceding action that’s become habitual or ritualized. This gives us a way to create an exercise habit that doesn’t require saying “I’ve got to change my whole life” and beating up on yourself. Instead, what if you just say, “Every morning, or when I come home from work, I’m going to put on my running shoes.  I’m not even necessarily going for a run. I’m just putting on my running shoes. That’s going to be my new habit.” If you do that a couple of days a week, eventually you’re going to go running.

It’s little shifts. Once you start running, you’re going to get into a running habit, right? But it starts with this small win. If as soon as you get home from work, you put on your running shoes — even if you feel stupid about it! — you’re creating a cue. The benefits of that small win will start cascading through your life.

Then you focus on the rewards. The first couple of times you go running, you’re not going to enjoy it. No one enjoys it the first time they run. So you have to give yourself a piece of chocolate when you get back from the run. You have to have some immediate reward.  And we know from studies that within two weeks, the intrinsic reward of running — the endocannabinoids unleashed by exercising — are going to become enough of a reward to create that habit. But you have to trick your brain into it by giving yourself a piece of chocolate the first couple times. And it has to be a reward you really enjoy. You can’t say, “I’m going to start running, and my reward is going to be a salad and kale chips.” No one really enjoys that.
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13652 on: December 18, 2012, 04:00:55 PM »

The sentiment is right because you don't tackle a huge problem all at once, but it sounds like conditioning and gamification.

In my experience, the best way to change deep habits is to actually remove rewards and cues. Acknowledge the problem is hard, be honest with your flaws and limitations, and start from the bottom. Motivation should be desire for personal benefit such as caring about yourself and wanting to do more things with your life, rather than cookies. You give yourself a cookie after a run, then you don't have time to run but you wanted to so, half a cookie. The next days you realize you have a box of cookies that requires no running. But the satisfaction of doing good in the world is hard won and hopefully worth fighting for.

clockwrk_routine
« Reply #13653 on: December 18, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »

I don't know if you can remove cues & rewards, they are what happen and rewards always occur whether good or bad, it's what you get from them or seek to get from them.  I think it's remarking on the reaction of noticing bad habits, and saying well I just have to stop it.  it's not really so simple as that, there are processes that trigger them, and in experience just being mindful of how the urge to do something I know I shouldn't be doing is triggered - the habit eventually wanes.  It might be because habits are an automatic reaction, and by turning the cues or triggers, into triggers of awareness of that habit, the urge to do it is gone.  I don't think it talks about using necessarily a carrot and stick method to overcoming bad habits, but the need for personal development whatever that means to you is the motivation.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13654 on: December 18, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »

In my experience, the best way to change deep habits is to actually remove rewards and cues. Acknowledge the problem is hard, be honest with your flaws and limitations, and start from the bottom.
actually acknowledging the problem* is already half the work and can even be the hardest part depending on what the problem is. by the time youve stopped lying to yourself about your bad habit, doing something about it comes naturally.

*acknowledgement goes deeper than just SAYING you have a bad habit. you actually have to FEEL it too
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13655 on: December 18, 2012, 11:48:01 PM »

I was on a panel.

http://news.wolfgame.com/post/38292034631/hey-guys-this-is-wolfgang-i-was-on-a-panel

Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13656 on: December 19, 2012, 12:50:25 AM »

league of legends is a game for self hating nerds who wish to inflict pain and suffering upon themselves and others

(ie me)

be a man and uninstall

(at least until they buff akali again)
wel not really. I mean, akali is still good, she just kicked ass today. I mostly play Twitch and I still didnt leave when they nerfed him. Personally, I think that yes, the community may suck at times, but then again EVERY community has idiots in it. It's the nature of the internet - Being anonymous means that "nobody" will EVER know it was you who just did something utterly stupid, so why care? I've met some really good people there... could it be that EUNE is a good server(Cheesy)

The cake is a pie!!!
ink.inc
« Reply #13657 on: December 19, 2012, 01:00:04 AM »

no no no you don't understand

i don't want her to be just good

i want her to be akali good

i want to make nerds cry
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:05:39 AM by John Sandoval » Logged
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13658 on: December 19, 2012, 11:52:32 AM »

i want to make nerds cry
That would ruin the game. Then just play a charracter with a Karthus ult for his q on a 4 second cooldown, a Diana dash for his W, A Darius uti for his E that has the 0 sec cooldown even if it doesnt kill anything and a kayle ulti that lasts for the entire game and is basically a passive for an ulti... The whole idea of the game is that the chances of winning are ALMOST 50/50, thus the better team wins(Yeah sure, argue with me about afkers and OP champs) People who think they should just pubstomp everyone just because they took a good champ are what makes most of the lol community bad. Thank you for not playing, John, and removing yourself from the LOL community, thus making it better. Now less nerds like me will cry.

The cake is a pie!!!
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13659 on: December 19, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »

i want to make nerds cry
That would ruin the game. Then just play a charracter with a Karthus ult for his q on a 4 second cooldown, a Diana dash for his W, A Darius uti for his E that has the 0 sec cooldown even if it doesnt kill anything and a kayle ulti that lasts for the entire game and is basically a passive for an ulti... The whole idea of the game is that the chances of winning are ALMOST 50/50, thus the better team wins(Yeah sure, argue with me about afkers and OP champs) People who think they should just pubstomp everyone just because they took a good champ are what makes most of the lol community bad. Thank you for not playing, John, and removing yourself from the LOL community, thus making it better. Now less nerds like me will cry.

If you think some heroes aren't inherently better or more powerful than others you're the problem with the community. Literally everyone who knows anything about the game knows that there are very obvious tiers of characters and that some of them are basically useless. Learn a little next time
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic