Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:30:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325532 times)
chrome-fox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13720 on: December 25, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »

Wearing blue and red, faster than a speeding bullet, phasing through walls, able to leap great distances and tall buildings in a single bound, and breakdancing after that WTF

Sonic is the new superman Cool
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #13721 on: December 25, 2012, 07:23:45 PM »

Some of the sequence breaking in the metroid games gets absurd. Someone ran through magmoor caverns in metroid prime 1 without the varia suit. Which, for anyone who's played that game, is utterly ridiculous.

Also @Glyph no problem, merry christmas!
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13722 on: December 25, 2012, 08:06:21 PM »

there's a castlevania (i think one of the gba ones) speedrun that's like 40 seconds, does anyone have a link to that? i can't find it

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13723 on: December 25, 2012, 08:24:50 PM »

there's a castlevania (i think one of the gba ones) speedrun that's like 40 seconds, does anyone have a link to that? i can't find it

?

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13724 on: December 25, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »

yesssss

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13725 on: December 26, 2012, 05:46:58 AM »

?

That's tool assisted, though.  As far as I can tell, the Sonic one isn't.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13726 on: December 26, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »

The fact that you can even beat it in 40 seconds is impressive, though.

I always viewed the difference between a TAS and a speed run as the difference between trying to win a gold medal in track and field, and scientists trying to break the land speed record. Both are impressive in different ways.

http://www.cyberglovesystems.com/products/cyberforce/overview

I saw a different version of this at a simulation industry show that had fingertips that vibrated to indicate you were 'touching' something, but this model actually gives full feedback, locking up your hand if you attempt to move it in an impossible way. It seems incredibly impractical at this time, but maybe someday this will be part of a console system. Force feedback is, in my mind, the next logical step to advance game design if any exists.
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13727 on: December 26, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »

?

Wow...

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13728 on: December 26, 2012, 07:54:27 PM »

I always viewed them as a HUGE waste of money, and I am ambidextrous anyway, but I recently picked up a left handed mouse and it is amazing. So this is what you righties feel like all the time

Think happy thoughts.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #13729 on: December 26, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »

Do FPSs feel weird with the gun on the wrong side?
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13730 on: December 27, 2012, 01:56:35 AM »

I always viewed them as a HUGE waste of money, and I am ambidextrous anyway, but I recently picked up a left handed mouse and it is amazing. So this is what you righties feel like all the time

maybe you are not really ambidextrous if it feels that good?
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13731 on: December 27, 2012, 06:54:31 AM »

maybe you are not really ambidextrous if it feels that good?

Most ambidextrous people still have a natural handedness, but learned to use both in certain situations because they had to, I can use the right hand good enough to game or do pretty much anything on a computer but my original hand is still my left so it feels better

"In modern times, it is more common to find people considered ambidextrous who were originally left handed and who learned to be ambidextrous, either deliberately or during childhood institutions such as schools" - from wikipedia

At the start they did but I am getting used to it
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:00:31 AM by s_l_m » Logged

Think happy thoughts.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13732 on: December 27, 2012, 07:25:36 AM »

As wrong as it is using joysticks to move around (ergo console FPSes). How do kids even do it?
nospoon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13733 on: December 27, 2012, 10:30:28 AM »

As wrong as it is using joysticks to move around (ergo console FPSes). How do kids even do it?
Meh, you can get used to it.
Also, auto-aim/aim assist.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #13734 on: December 27, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »

Meh, you can get used to it.
Also, auto-aim/aim assist.
I'll never get used to it, and auto-aim just feels wrong.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 03:32:16 PM by Sean A. » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13735 on: December 27, 2012, 02:02:20 PM »

FPSs used to let you set handedness 15 years ago :/

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13736 on: December 27, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »

tf2 lets you set it

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13737 on: December 27, 2012, 11:17:19 PM »

I strongly dislike posts about games in development. I hate Kickstarter posts even more. Especially if the game looks good. Games never turn out like they're proposed to be, and it's just compound disappointment. Most Kickstarter games have a dirty feel to them as well, kind of like a free to play MMO or a Molyneux game. Promising so much, with special buried content available only to funders. The best Kickstarter game is one that has little in the way of rewards.
Ashkin
« Reply #13738 on: December 28, 2012, 12:53:04 AM »

I strongly dislike posts about games in development.
why are you even HERE
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13739 on: December 28, 2012, 10:44:33 AM »

I strongly dislike posts about games in development.
Does this apply to technical posts? I know I'm getting a bit weary of someone starting another pixelated platformer devblog, but I still love to read technical posts.
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic