Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:38:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2326759 times)
Sergi
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13800 on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:03 AM »

It takes time. You start by remembering stuff the second you wake up, but you'll quickly forget it. You need to write stuff down asap. After a few days, your memory will be better.

I find that remembering dreams is easier if you lie back down at the same position you were when sleeping. As long as you don't fall back asleep.

Also, the old techniques of waking up in the middle of the night, then going back to sleep after a while, kind of improve dream recall.

Remembering dreams is the first step to awareness for lucid dreaming. Just take it easy, don't stress yourself.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13801 on: January 03, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13802 on: January 03, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »

So I tried to do taht thing where I do every single technique to remember a dream or lucid dream but I DIDNT HAVE A SINGLE DREAM. Sad I dono whats wrong. I just cant go to sleep normally. Everything has to itch, there's always something that's cold. I alays have to roll to the other side. I just cant remember anything. I got into a state of realizing that I am asleep but concsious several times, I een sustained it, but I could not enter a dream. Sure, I can immagine crap but it's not like I cant do that when Im awake... I dono, I need a better bed and I need to get more tired before going to sleep. I feel like a weirdo, cause I remember having tons of dreams when I was smaller. I used to dream about breathing underwater, about flying with my bike, about becoming invisible and I could remember details and I could sense details. Now it's just concepts in a huge mess of immagination. I am starting to realize that I cant even remember details about things ive seen in real life. I cant replicate stuff in drawings that well. I'm getting sloppy. I need to do something about that.

Another technique I've heard about is 'reality checks'- you do things in real life that would be unusual or inconsistent in dreams, and once you do it enough in life, then it becomes subconscious and your subconscious self does it, allowing you to break out of the subconscious dream state. Here are two I know of: Check your watch twice every time- in a dream, it will be different (drastically) each time you check it. Secondly, every now and then, hold your nose and try to breathe in through it- in a dream, you will be able to.

Impossible because most of my dreams(as far as I remember) for some reason occur in 3'd person like a strange film.

When I lucid dream, I find it best to set an alarm for 3 in the morning when you body is in its deepest REM sleep, when you wake up you mind is at rest - so then preform the WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming) technique. It will fix all of your problems with the itchiness and active mind. This basically explains it

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, forgot  Giggle

Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13803 on: January 03, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »

But why would you lucid dream? I sleep so that I can do nothing, so why think while I'm asleep? Also nice sub-article on lucid dreaming effects.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #13804 on: January 03, 2013, 09:18:11 PM »

some people are bored I guess.

just do drugs instead. better than wasting your night time trying to dream or lucid dream or whatever stupid shit you're talking about.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13805 on: January 03, 2013, 10:00:40 PM »

I have induced lucid dreaming quite a few times before, and would wholeheartedly recommend the "reality check" technique, what I did was count my fingers. Also, I have done my fair share of psychedelics, and it's not really comparable to the lucid dreaming experience. Also they cost money and can lead to severe psychological problems if you have a bad trip. Not hating (like I said I have done some drugs in my days), but it's not really an apples and oranges comparison. I can recommend lucid dreaming to people, but I would never tell someone else to take drugs, too many things that can go wrong.

If you want to know about lucid dreaming, their are any many good books and articles on the subject, just look around for them. Oh, and avoid Carlos Castaneda's book on the subject like the plague, biggest waste of time I have ever read.

Keep a journal next to your bed, first thing you do when you wake up is write your dream down

After a month or so you'll probably have your first lucid dream

Also, this^. This is solid advice.
Good luck Friend! And just keep working on it, it will eventually happen
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:06:55 PM by s_l_m » Logged

Think happy thoughts.
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13806 on: January 03, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »

DUDE! I ACTUALLY REMEMBERED A DREAM!!! I was playing a midle earth version of risk with some guys who did not believe in Gandalf, and it all took place in some weird ass dark dimesion. My Word!

Also, I was fixing a boot all the time. Dont know what that's all about. I mean, I know one of by boots is broken, but why dream about it? Weird. 

The cake is a pie!!!
Uykered
« Reply #13807 on: January 04, 2013, 02:05:31 AM »

You should play War of the Ring boardgame instead!
Friend
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13808 on: January 04, 2013, 03:06:58 AM »

But does it let you mend boots IN REAL TIME?

The cake is a pie!!!
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13809 on: January 04, 2013, 07:02:39 AM »

But does it let you mend boots IN REAL TIME?

I loled pretty hard at this.

Anyway, I find the more you are thinking about dreams, the more you remember them  Smiley

Think happy thoughts.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13810 on: January 04, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »

I dont know why anyone would want to do that lucid dreaming stuff for anything other than to fuck their imaginary waifus. Can someone enlighten me?
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13811 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »

I dont know why anyone would want to do that lucid dreaming stuff for anything other than to fuck their imaginary waifus. Can someone enlighten me?

I always wanted to just for the heck of it. Another thing to do. Once you do, it's said that the mind would take over the setting sometimes and you think through your actions. Last time I tried dream recall, I found out what it's like to get your throat slit. Not pretty.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13812 on: January 04, 2013, 01:05:02 PM »

When I lucid dream I mostly build worlds around me, it feels pretty cool to spawn walls with your hands and such. I have to actively try for a week or two before I start lucid dreaming again though, so it's not like I do it every night. If anybody has any questions on the subject, you can message me, I can either answer you from personal experience or point you in the direction of information.

On another topic, check this out:

Think happy thoughts.
Ashkin
« Reply #13813 on: January 04, 2013, 02:11:51 PM »

It's a much more direct link to the subconscious than one could normally achieve- and many problems have their roots in the subconscious. Also, c'mon, flying and stuff is cool.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13814 on: January 04, 2013, 05:47:56 PM »

come to think of it, the kind of people who expend a lot of effort all day creating imaginary worlds would probably want to expend little effort all night creating imaginary worlds. But dreams are not a fun game because there are no rules or pvp Sad
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13815 on: January 04, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »

What's worse is there's no way to record anything for sick pub stomping montages to show off on youtube

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #13816 on: January 04, 2013, 06:20:41 PM »

What's worse is there's no way to record anything

the most horrifying and upsetting thing i've ever seen i saw in one of my dreams, and i literally don't know how to begin describing it. i really wish there was a way to show people (bc i'm an asshole i guess?)

zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13817 on: January 04, 2013, 09:03:53 PM »

no way to record anything for sick pub stomping montages to show off on youtube

what a tragedy.

this thread is now dedicated to xXx420NOSCOPExXx montages

ink.inc
« Reply #13818 on: January 04, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »

no way to record anything for sick pub stomping montages to show off on youtube

what a tragedy.

this thread is now dedicated to xXx420NOSCOPExXx montages