Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:58:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2326955 times)
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #13920 on: January 08, 2013, 06:51:30 PM »

first off, i'm not fucking accusing him of hating black people. it's reasonable to assume most people don't think they're a hate group, because they, like srs, were protecting their own fucking interests. and the panthers obviously weren't active antebellum, they weren't fighting actual slavery. they were fighting racism, racism that sometimes turned into white-on-black violence. rape culture is the same fucking thing: it's misogyny that sometimes turns into sexual assault

feminazi
« Reply #13921 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:23 PM »

well theres posts from #1reasonwhy thread (enters with "quit whining bitches" and exits with "next thing youre going to say is call me racist cos i said nigger") and him being genuinely confused as to what he said (but did stop anyway cos banning)
by srs and social justice bigots he probably means feminists. "NO I DIDNT SAY THAT. LIBEL!!! BIGOT!!!" if this needs more clearing up it's not just srs(cos its arguable that they are terrible, it's reddit)
(3:41:12 PM) zalzane: i take potshots against tumblr social justice bigots

lol
(3:43:32 PM) zalzane: im pretty sure they doxed those football players
(3:43:47 PM) BlademasterBobo: that was anonymous if you mean the rapists and those guys deserved it

playing dum
(3:48:12 PM) eva: idc zalzane is probably a mrm
(3:48:27 PM) zalzane: what is a mrm
(3:48:32 PM) zalzane: does that mean im a part of the patriarchy

(3:55:40 PM) eva: zalzane is this a hate group http://reddit.com/r/mensrights
(3:56:05 PM) zalzane: idk eva i would have to spend an hour looking through comments

(4:24:54 PM) eva: hey zalzane defien patriarchy
(4:25:28 PM) zalzane: a system in which only men rule and women have zero chance of self rule?
(4:25:32 PM) zalzane: what are you fishing for

of course he never explicitly says anything that incriminates him because the most offensive thing in the world is being labeled that he's offensive

and he doesnt need to admit it. in fact he should just work on being less obvious about it.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13922 on: January 08, 2013, 07:24:25 PM »

I know the panthers weren't active during slavery times (not even close). But slavery was the backdrop to white-black relations in America until at least the 90's, that is why I brought it up.

As for you accusing him of hating black people. I brought my argument to an extreme. I am sorry, and I am man enough to admit that you are right. You never accused him of that. I am just tired of every fucking thing turning into a fight on the internet. Seriously, This technology was invented so we can share information. Not yell at each other in ways that will never change each others minds. Nobody is solving oppression by typing angrily at each other on a web forum

Think happy thoughts.
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13923 on: January 08, 2013, 07:27:16 PM »

Memories of a game's intro video soundtrack stick along longer than memories of the game itself. Give me.. a kiss to build a dream on.. and my imagination..
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13924 on: January 08, 2013, 07:31:44 PM »

Memories of a game's intro video soundtrack stick along longer than memories of the game itself. Give me.. a kiss to build a dream on.. and my imagination..

The opening is pretty important, actually.
I think most of my favorite games set their impression in the first 15-30 minutes. Ocarina of Time, Longest Journey, FF6, Chain of Memories. They all have very strong openings.

Think happy thoughts.
Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #13925 on: January 08, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »

Monster Hunter, Demon Souls, Dark Souls

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13926 on: January 08, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »

Monster Hunter, Demon Souls, Dark Souls

I am guessing those are examples of games that don't have a strong opening? I have only played monster hunter. I guess that some games don't have to hook you early on. But like I said, my personal favorite games do that

Think happy thoughts.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13927 on: January 08, 2013, 08:15:59 PM »

well theres posts from #1reasonwhy thread (enters with "quit whining bitches" and exits with "next thing youre going to say is call me racist cos i said nigger") and him being genuinely confused as to what he said (but did stop anyway cos banning)
by srs and social justice bigots he probably means feminists. "NO I DIDNT SAY THAT. LIBEL!!! BIGOT!!!" if this needs more clearing up it's not just srs(cos its arguable that they are terrible, it's reddit)
(3:41:12 PM) zalzane: i take potshots against tumblr social justice bigots

lol
(3:43:32 PM) zalzane: im pretty sure they doxed those football players
(3:43:47 PM) BlademasterBobo: that was anonymous if you mean the rapists and those guys deserved it

playing dum
(3:48:12 PM) eva: idc zalzane is probably a mrm
(3:48:27 PM) zalzane: what is a mrm
(3:48:32 PM) zalzane: does that mean im a part of the patriarchy

(3:55:40 PM) eva: zalzane is this a hate group http://reddit.com/r/mensrights
(3:56:05 PM) zalzane: idk eva i would have to spend an hour looking through comments

(4:24:54 PM) eva: hey zalzane defien patriarchy
(4:25:28 PM) zalzane: a system in which only men rule and women have zero chance of self rule?
(4:25:32 PM) zalzane: what are you fishing for

of course he never explicitly says anything that incriminates him because the most offensive thing in the world is being labeled that he's offensive

and he doesnt need to admit it. in fact he should just work on being less obvious about it.

is there something fucking wrong with you?

Leave me alone, I want nothing to do with you or your horrible desire to incriminate people you don't like.

You know why I'm not a fan of the new wave feminism movement? It's because it's filled with fucked up shits like you who are incapable of acknowledging that people may have tangential points of view without doing your absolute best to alienate them and let them know how sexist and privledged they are.

This will be my last comment on this matter.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:22:14 PM by zalzane » Logged
feminazi
« Reply #13928 on: January 08, 2013, 08:53:17 PM »

if you dont want to be labeled a sexist how about quit being fucking sexist.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13929 on: January 08, 2013, 09:05:49 PM »

I really love waffles. I mean, what food could possibly be better?

Think happy thoughts.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #13930 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »

I'm not sure if this is served outside Denmark, but anyone who knows what it is will be my brother from another mother.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13931 on: January 08, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »

I'm not sure if this is served outside Denmark, but anyone who knows what it is will be my brother from another mother.
Shocked That looks great.

Anyone ever had this? My Oma always used to make it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tompouce

Think happy thoughts.
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #13932 on: January 08, 2013, 09:30:34 PM »

cooldude, my family has rice pudding with raspberries every christmas and we are in the US, but we have Danish ancestors. We put chopped almonds in the pudding and one whole almond, and the person who gets the bowl with the whole almond wins the marzipan pigs. it's a fun tradition.

Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #13933 on: January 08, 2013, 09:36:27 PM »

cooldude, my family has rice pudding with raspberries every christmas and we are in the US, but we have Danish ancestors. We put chopped almonds in the pudding and one whole almond, and the person who gets the bowl with the whole almond wins the marzipan pigs. it's a fun tradition.
Haha, nice! Yeah, lovely tradition Smiley

Shocked That looks great.

It's called Risalamande, and it's delicious!

Anyone ever had this? My Oma always used to make it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tompouce

Oh wow, looks delicious Smiley
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13934 on: January 08, 2013, 09:38:01 PM »

I have had rice pudding before, but never like that. I need to look up a recipe

Think happy thoughts.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #13935 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »

I have had rice pudding before, but never like that. I need to look up a recipe
Rice pudding is actually pretty good, especially with a bit of butter and cinnamon.
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: January 08, 2013, 09:40:40 PM »

My family does the same thing for Christmas, right down the the marzipan pig.  In my case it comes from Norwegian ancestry.  I've always known the dish as grøt.

But yes, it's rice porridge/pudding.  It can be served as a meal, or further sweetened as a dessert.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: January 08, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »

My ancestors are Dutch, and my family tradition is a bunch of really fucked up stories about the Nazi occupation (my Oma and her family were in the resistance, and both my Oma and Opa lived through the Hongerwinter). I wouldn't trade it for the world  Smiley

@Dr. Cooldude: I think I need to try rice pudding like that. Also, if you ever have a chance to try tompouce take it, it is absolutely delicious.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:40:53 AM by s_l_m » Logged

Think happy thoughts.
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #13938 on: January 08, 2013, 09:55:22 PM »

@Dr. Cooldude: I think I need to try rice pudding like that. Also, if you ever have a chance to try tompouce take it, it is absolutely delicious.
I might find a danish recipe and then translate it here, but that'll be later, because I have to go right in a moment.
And I definitely need to try tompouce Smiley
Dr. Cooldude
« Reply #13939 on: January 09, 2013, 12:16:30 AM »

Original recipe by Arla Foods.
This translation is not perfect, but it would most likely not fuck anything up.

Risalamande

Ingredients:
3 decilitre (dl) water
180 g white rice (approx. 2.5 dl)
1 litre milk

100 g blanched almonds
2 vanilla beans (with seeds)
4 tablespoons of sugar
1/4 litre cream 35% (the one that's best for whipping, dunno what it's called in English)

Cherries jubilee

Bring water and rice in boil in a heavy-based saucepan.
Cook the rice in medium heat while stirring in about 2 minutes.
Insert the milk and cool the rice pudding in low heat, while still stirring, In about 10 minutes.
Put on the lid and cook in about half an hour - stir occasionally.
Put the rice pudding, covered, in the fridge until it's cold (for best quality: until next day).

Take an almond off, and chop the rest. Stir the rice pudding, vanilla seeds, sugar and the chopped almonds together.
Whip the cream to a soft foam and put it carefully into the rice pudding with the single whole almond.

youer rready!!§

Don't forget to top it with cherries jubilee!

*I'm not responsible for any damages caused by this recipe or angry llama mobs
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:10:57 AM by Dr. Cooldude » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic