Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:23:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2325568 times)
letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13940 on: January 09, 2013, 02:30:47 AM »

There's no way this hasn't been posted, but just in case.
Blink

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13941 on: January 09, 2013, 03:13:19 AM »

I sure wouldn't want to be crammed in a small capsule deep below the waves next to that thing!

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: January 09, 2013, 03:21:07 AM »

...are Dutch, and my family tradition is a bunch...
best give your grandparents a nice bloembollen-meal then.
better not perhaps.

But in the netherlands there isn't any tradition (apart from the memorial on the 5th of may) that goes with WWII.
well that and grandparent's reminiscing.

My grandmother was over a few days ago and I gave her a (very)strong  belgian beer, after a few moments she was talking (without her teeth) about mortar grenade whizzinz and how they managed to survive nicely by doing the washing for the germans whilst hiding people under the house.   

I personally don't really believe all the old people that say they were in the 'resistance', As far as I know the cooperation with the oppressor went very smooth, a very big percentage went the 'wrong' side very quickly. Deporting of jews was very easy and organized. And after the war many of them went to canada/us/australia/argentina. And nowadays everybody (that still lives) was in the resistance.  Well, hello there!

not saying that's the case with your grandparents offcourse.
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: January 09, 2013, 04:17:27 AM »

...are Dutch, and my family tradition is a bunch...
best give your grandparents a nice bloembollen-meal then.
better not perhaps.

But in the netherlands there isn't any tradition (apart from the memorial on the 5th of may) that goes with WWII.
well that and grandparent's reminiscing.

My grandmother was over a few days ago and I gave her a (very)strong  belgian beer, after a few moments she was talking (without her teeth) about mortar grenade whizzinz and how they managed to survive nicely by doing the washing for the germans whilst hiding people under the house.  

I personally don't really believe all the old people that say they were in the 'resistance', As far as I know the cooperation with the oppressor went very smooth, a very big percentage went the 'wrong' side very quickly. Deporting of jews was very easy and organized. And after the war many of them went to canada/us/australia/argentina. And nowadays everybody (that still lives) was in the resistance.  Well, hello there!

not saying that's the case with your grandparents offcourse.

By "traditions" I guess I mostly mean stories I guess, maybe I worded it badly  Smiley, Unless extreme food hoarding is a tradition, cause they do that too.
That is a very interesting story about your grandma too.
As for the resistance thing. The only reason I am inclined to believe them is because there stories are so specific and only about a few people (My Opa and all of his family, for example, was not in the resistance, and my Oma really only helped in transporting messages because her Dad was more active in it). It is possible they are lying I guess, but at this point it would be more than a small white lie, so on some level I have to believe her. That, and the fact that they tend to be pretty honest about things, like they don't give me the "we didn't know what was happening" crap you hear so often in relation to the Jews
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:25:26 AM by s_l_m » Logged

Think happy thoughts.
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: January 09, 2013, 05:53:49 AM »

yeah, but I really idn't mean to imply they were lying, I don't know you nor your grandparents.

It merely is funny to me that almost everybody nowadays was in resistance where in reality this was like 5%, offcourse many more poeple weren't fond of the germans and where  a littl naughty now and then, but the big majority just went on and tried to live as normal as possible.

And what I also didn't mean to imply was that 'everybody' who left was a nazi, there was just a better life/more means outside of europe after the war.

but anyway, I am happy for you that you still have your grandparents telling you tales of long gone.

and again: I didn't mean to imply your garndparents where lying.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: January 09, 2013, 06:04:43 AM »

yeah, but I really idn't mean to imply they were lying, I don't know you nor your grandparents.

It merely is funny to me that almost everybody nowadays was in resistance where in reality this was like 5%, offcourse many more poeple weren't fond of the germans and where  a littl naughty now and then, but the big majority just went on and tried to live as normal as possible.

And what I also didn't mean to imply was that 'everybody' who left was a nazi, there was just a better life/more means outside of europe after the war.

but anyway, I am happy for you that you still have your grandparents telling you tales of long gone.

and again: I didn't mean to imply your garndparents where lying.

It's fine, I know you weren't implying that Smiley
Also, it's definitely true that many if not most people who left were just looking for a better life. Leaving the over populated Hague and coming to The almost problematically underpopulated Saskatchewan (a pretty shitty place culturally, but we have room to breath) constitutes an improvement in my books. Not to disrespect, and I am proud of my heritage, but I am really glad they left

Think happy thoughts.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: January 09, 2013, 10:45:09 AM »

Blink

it's blocked  Sad
mysteriosum
Level 1

I just lost the game ;(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13947 on: January 09, 2013, 01:13:43 PM »

Hello everything!

I've written a blog post on Fabulam's devlog (Fabulog Devlam). This be the link:
http://fabulamgames.tumblr.com/post/40104692704/asteroids-has-been-abandoned

It's about Asteroids and Star Control 2, and why we don't use that style controls anymore, most of the time.

Check it out if you like  Kiss

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: January 09, 2013, 03:48:22 PM »

Blink

it's blocked  Sad

It is (was) the Giant Squid video.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/giant-squid-captured-video-ocean-depths-18167772
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13949 on: January 09, 2013, 04:28:25 PM »

lol

feminazi
« Reply #13950 on: January 09, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »

mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13951 on: January 09, 2013, 06:29:14 PM »

lol

Damn, I wish I was there. FUEGO!

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13952 on: January 09, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »

This is kind of a neat idea. With a little bit of effort, you could design a HUD with obvious enough effects (large colored flashes and icons that are visible despite being projected on uneven backgrounds) to give the player more screen space to see what they're doing.

Or just devise a sort of color scheme that puts you in the mood of the game. Maybe light or bright colors to emphasize a brightly lit daylight scene, or lots of moody reds to or flashing lights to depict lights or sirens for an industrial scene. It wouldn't even be intrusive - if you didn't want it or couldn't use it, you could still make games that can be played without it without much effort.
feminazi
« Reply #13953 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »

think the projectors are going to be low res and it's going to serve as an immersive backdrop more than things liek huds or watever
nikki
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13954 on: January 10, 2013, 12:41:34 AM »

ooh nice idea, I espccialy liked how those cupboards warped when shooting bullets.

reminded me of a great Amon Tobin show i went to a few year ago.
check this video for example

or

if yo rather see it then see people saying it's amazing
Ashkin
« Reply #13955 on: January 10, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »

This looks pretty cool.
imRobert
FO
« Reply #13956 on: January 10, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »

When you're moving a thread with a topic like this to here.
And leave a thread titled "I've Changed My Avatar." and an OP of "That is all." go on for donkies years and 82 pages. There is something seriously wrong with moderation here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:23:44 PM by imRobert » Logged
poe
« Reply #13957 on: January 10, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »

I would say rumor, though rumor doesn't mean false.. also where are you getting this from?
imRobert
FO
« Reply #13958 on: January 10, 2013, 04:23:07 PM »

I'm leaving this forum.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:24:07 PM by imRobert » Logged
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #13959 on: January 10, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »

"I've changed my avatar" existed before this thread was made, and moreover it gained popular use as a way for people to show off about their avatar changes. It already had 10+ pages by the time this thread was created.
Anyway, at least it didn't get deleted... you're not making much of a case for yourself, anyhow. You're calling it rumor right in the title - that doesn't necessarily seem worth a thread.

Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic